Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus bleeping Christ. What a load of flowery bilge. I salute you tattlers that are taking one for the team and reading this steaming pile of tit. Sounds like it’s written by Barbara Cartland, god rest her.
Dear God I’m flabbergasted
You took the words right out of my mouth. Was about to post the same.
It is laughable.
Plus at some point the flatpacks (if they ever exist) will read this, their school chums will read this. Humiliation will last for generations.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Thank you to everyone for including snippets from the book. I feel it's sickly sweet and nauseating, not been written by an ex army chap at all. Sentence structure is pathetic. It's unbelievable that any publisher would agree to allow it.

Throughout the day I've read/seen bookshops stocked with loads of the book, but no queues, and none reporting selling many, and yet ... It's a best seller. Riiight.

At last people who bought on Amazon can return their copy within thirty days. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Everything is from the book.
I must admit each excerpt that I’m reading I’m waiting for a punchline 😂 thinking surely bleeping not!!! But oh yes, written by the spare himself in the style of a 15 year old girl. I need to throw up 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I TOLD ELF AND JASON that I wanted to propose. Congratulations, both men said. But then Elf said he’d need to do some fast digging, find out the protocols. There were strict rules governing such things. Rules? Really? He came back days later and said before doing anything I’d need to ask Granny’s permission. I asked him if that was a real rule, or the kind we could work around. Oh, no, it’s very real. It didn’t make sense. A grown man asking his grandmother for permission to marry? I couldn’t recall Willy asking before he proposed to Kate. Or my cousin Peter asking before he proposed to his wife, Autumn. But come to think of it I did remember Pa asking permission when he wanted to marry Camilla.
With Elf’s help I circled a weekend in late October. A family shooting trip at Sandringham. Shooting trips always put Granny in a good mood. Perhaps she’d be more open to thoughts of love?

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
1st BIB Gray not grey? Is this because Moehringer is American or was it written by an American Woman?!
There is also Mom not Mum and sentences starting with But. I would say an American writer and a female at that. Surely you would go through and take out any Americanisms.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Thank you to everyone for including snippets from the book. I feel it's sickly sweet and nauseating, not been written by an ex army chap at all. Sentence structure is pathetic. It's unbelievable that any publisher would agree to allow it.

Throughout the day I've read/seen bookshops stocked with loads of the book, but no queues, and none reporting selling many, and yet ... It's a best seller. Riiight.

At last people who bought on Amazon can return their copy within thirty days. 😅
It reads like it’s written by a woman. Far too flowery for it to be from a male POV.

Reactions: 29
CLOUDY, BLUSTERY DAY. I jumped into the venerable old Land Rover, the ancient Army ambulance that Grandpa had repurposed. Pa was behind the wheel, Willy was in the back. I got into the passenger seat and wondered if I should tell them both what I was intending. I decided against it. Pa already knew, I assumed, and Willy had already warned me not to do it.
It’s too fast, he’d told me.
Too soon.
In fact, he’d actually been pretty discouraging about my even dating Meg. One day, sitting together in his garden, he’d predicted a host of difficulties I could expect if I hooked up with an “American actress,” a phrase he always managed to make sound like “convicted felon.”
Are you sure about her, Harold?
I am, Willy.
But do you know how difficult it’s going to be?
What do you want me to do? Fall out of love with her?

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I love Camilla a little bit more for suggesting they move to Bermuda. What a legend. I bet she was cracking up when she tried to suggest it with a straight face. Rothmans king-size in one hand and a sherry in the other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I see...
So putting out a statement made it worse.

But they are "angry" at Prince Withnail because they were "jealous" of...

Oh make it make sense.
William had a statement over Kate.
It made some difference in the amount of real chases, but the mockery and accusations of intentional pap-walks by Kate, got worse.
William in the aftermath also supported Harry's statement , under pressure highly likely.

Reactions: 20
Pa, driving us out into the fields, asked about Meg. Not with great interest, just casually. Still, he didn’t always ask, so I was pleased. She’s good, thanks. Does she want to carry on working?
Say again?
Does she want to keep on acting?
Oh. I mean, I don’t know, I wouldn’t think so. I expect she’ll want to be with me, doing the job, you know, which would rule out Suits…since they film in…Toronto.
Hmm. I see. Well, darling boy, you know there’s not enough money to go around.
I stared. What was he banging on about?
He explained. Or tried to. I can’t pay for anyone else. I’m already having to pay for your brother and Catherine.
I flinched. Something about his use of the name Catherine. I remembered the time he and Camilla wanted Kate to change the spelling of her name, because there were already two royal cyphers with a C and a crown above: Charles and Camilla. It would be too confusing to have another. Make it Katherine with a K, they suggested. I wondered now what came of that suggestion.
I turned to Willy, gave him a look that said: You listening to this? His face was blank.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I love Camilla a little bit more for suggesting they move to Bermuda. What a legend. I bet she was cracking up when she tried to suggest it with a straight face. Rothmans king-size in one hand and a sherry in the other.
It's like the tweet about her putting the walk in closet in Harry's room - it's camp, gotta respect it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The owner of a small business near me put up a post of the book cover and her fire saying she was snuggling up in the heat to begin reading. She's got 149 comments all negative telling her she's lovely but put it in the fire lol 😆 she's had to put up a pic of her cat and dog and ask everyone to forget the other post and calm down by looking at the cute pets. She said I'm curious to see what he says but not taking it seriously lol 😆 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Did he really suggest he was brought into the world to be William’s organ donor or human blood bag?!

Harold does realise unless both parents have identical blood types, the human blood bag/walking organ donation bank thing is a crock of tit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I lived just off Ken High St for quite a few years and you see such famous people that you get inured to it and are far too polite to react. Markle would be very very very small fry in London - she really is delusional I'm afraid.
Yes exactly.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.