Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The full seriousness of all this was finally starting to sink in.
If Granny said no…would I have to say goodbye to Meg? I couldn’t imagine being without her…but I also couldn’t imagine being openly disobedient to Granny. My Queen, my Commander in Chief.
If she withheld her permission, my heart would break, and of course I’d look for another occasion to ask again, but the odds would be against me. Granny wasn’t exactly known for changing her mind. So this moment was either the start of my life, or the end. It would all come down to the words I chose, how I delivered them, and how Granny heard them.
If all that wasn’t enough to make me tongue-tied, I’d seen plenty of press reports, sourced to “the Palace,” that some in my family didn’t quite, shall we say, approve of Meg. Didn’t fancy her directness. Didn’t feel altogether comfortable with her strong work ethic. Didn’t even enjoy her occasional questions. What was healthy and natural inquisitiveness they deemed to be impertinence. There were also whispers about a vague and pervasive unease regarding her race. “Concern” had been expressed in certain corners about whether or not Britain was “ready.” Whatever that meant. Was any of that rubbish reaching Granny’s ears? If so, was this request for permission merely a hopeless exercise?
Was I doomed to be the next Margaret?

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
So, she finished her Eat Pray Love thing,
More like 'Eat Prey Lust'.

No choice, she said. The alternative was not seeing me, and that, she said, wasn’t feasible. Or bearable. For the hundredth time since July 1, my heart cracked open. Then we said goodbye again. See you in two weeks. Two weeks. God. Yes.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
Ah yes, don't let the prey her man get away. Lovebombing, spinning the web, tightening the net. Of course she can't let him out of her sight for longer 😂 set a schedule, get him addicted.

I keep reading the same advice for my bratty pup.

Ex did this stuff, though not the schedule thing - it wasn't possible and he insisted on meeting as frequently as possible, then slowly started cancelling here and there to create dissonance in my mind. I was such a fool. Now someone's eager to meet, I run in the opposite direction 😂

This isn't even real though, given what we have pieced together of the timeline, but it's been so easy to get caught up in this revision of history, which was obviously their intention.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
You took the words right out of my mouth. Was about to post the same.
It is laughable.
Plus at some point the flatpacks (if they ever exist) will read this, their school chums will read this. Humiliation will last for generations.
Generational humiliation? Genital humiliation? Frostbitten penis.

I win the word association game! Yay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Geez another thread. Love the title.

Imagine what the little one's dresses looked like before they were fixed. Said they worked on them for 3 days till 4am. No wonder Givenchy was not happy

So Catherine was right, they were a mess and needed to be remade.

He seems very nice though!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
So if they met in 2016 and it says he said he told her he loved her in September 2017, A year?! She wouldn’t have waited a year for him to tell her that, that’s absolute bollox!

I also loved her father in it, this is why I said “you are shitting me” out a bit too loud when I read it in Tom’s book and nearly gave my husband a coronary, couldn’t believe the audacity of her!

I love the guy who played her dad. He's was fab in the Wire too.

Reactions: 19
Pa, driving us out into the fields, asked about Meg. Not with great interest, just casually. Still, he didn’t always ask, so I was pleased. She’s good, thanks. Does she want to carry on working?
Say again?
Does she want to keep on acting?
Oh. I mean, I don’t know, I wouldn’t think so. I expect she’ll want to be with me, doing the job, you know, which would rule out Suits…since they film in…Toronto.
Hmm. I see. Well, darling boy, you know there’s not enough money to go around.
I stared. What was he banging on about?
He explained. Or tried to. I can’t pay for anyone else. I’m already having to pay for your brother and Catherine.
I flinched. Something about his use of the name Catherine. I remembered the time he and Camilla wanted Kate to change the spelling of her name, because there were already two royal cyphers with a C and a crown above: Charles and Camilla. It would be too confusing to have another. Make it Katherine with a K, they suggested. I wondered now what came of that suggestion.
I turned to Willy, gave him a look that said: You listening to this? His face was blank.

He already guessed she was a gold digger and would expect designer outfits and a living allowance for spa days, beauty treatments, makeup, hair extensions.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
The man who re-did the dresses says: 'We had to work tooth and nail for four days, four of us working until 4 am three nights in a row, to make them fit'.

It goes to show that Kate was right, the dresses needed to be completely redone. And they lost a whole day of work and had to work till 4 am because Peg was ignoring Kate's messages.

Untitled.png

“kissing her soft neck, inhaling her perfume” I was skim reading thinking he was talking about Megz but he’s actually talking about Diana I tit you not, why is he so creepy and weird about her. Has anyone else ever thought to themselves their mam has a soft neck?! :/ This is one very very weird obsession he has.

I noticed that too and chose to ignore it.

I have already seen too much.

My brian can't handle what came into my mind when I read that.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Almost caught up to the threads and then the leaks happened, now I’m 5 or 6 threads behind!

Not sure if it was posted, there has been horrible rains and flooding affecting Montecito, the whole town evacuated. Can you imagine if the 16 toilet mansion has been damaged? Karma? Hawwy in NY doing book promo and TW left with the kids to manage? Are they seeking shelter at Tyler’s? Poor Pablo and the chickens!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Good evening all, I got home late from work, I had a little look at this thread but ignored
the previous one. Just had a look on the Daily Mail and I don't really want to know about
him bleeping her in a Soho House. That is TMI and I don't give a toss.

Yes okay they have been invited to the Coronation blah blah blah, shame about that, I
did hope they would just tell him NO bleeping CHANCE you whinging little bleep.

One Story caught my eye.

Total bollocks, he might be William's brother but that's no guarantee his organs will be compatible,
even if Charles IS his father. No, he was born in case William died so it will be up to Harry to continue
the line. Harry probably thought when William got married that he is no longer needed, well you prick
you still have a responsibility to the crown. But Harry went his own way and married who he wanted to
which isn't the way of the RF.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I coughed. Granny, you know I love Meg very much, and I’ve decided that I would like to ask her to marry me, and I’ve been told that, er, that I have to ask your permission before I can propose.
You have to?
Um. Well, yes, that’s what your staff tell me, and my staff as well. That I have to ask your permission. I stood completely still, as motionless as the birds in my hands. I stared at her face but it was unreadable.
At last she replied: Well, then, I suppose I have to say yes.
I squinted. You feel you have to say yes? Does that mean you are saying yes? But that you want to say no? I didn’t get it. Was she being sarcastic? Ironic? Deliberately cryptic? Was she indulging in a bit of wordplay? I’d never known Granny to do any wordplay, and this would be a surpassingly bizarre moment (not to mention wildly inconvenient) for her to start, but maybe she just saw the chance to play off my unfortunate use of the word “have” and couldn’t resist? Or else, perhaps there was some hidden meaning beneath the wordplay, some message I wasn’t comprehending? I stood there squinting, smiling, asking myself over and over: What is the Queen of England saying to me right now? At long last I realized: She’s saying yes, you muppet! She’s granting permission. Who cares how she words it, just know when to take yes for an answer.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

• Haha
  • Sick
Wendell Pierce! Such a class act. He has a Twitter but I have absolutely no idea how to use the search function to see if he's ever commented on Smegs.

Reactions: 15
“kissing her soft neck, inhaling her perfume” I was skim reading thinking he was talking about Megz but he’s actually talking about Diana I tit you not, why is he so creepy and weird about her. Has anyone else ever thought to themselves their mam has a soft neck?! :/ This is one very very weird obsession he has.
This is CREEPY.

I thought Meghan wearing the same fragrance as Diana while she was dating Harry was the height of creepydom but this is more creepy than that.

• Sick
It’s like a bad romcom or Hallmark movie🤮
If there is not a Spare the musical in creation then I despair. I’ve even got some of the tracks for the show.

The sun will come out tomorrow. (With stories about me and Meg)

There are worse things I can do, than shoot a taliban or two.

Just a spoonful of sugar, or some questionable other substance.

Memory, I don’t have one before age 12.

If I only had a brain

• Haha
Reactions: 43
All my life I’d told people I couldn’t remember the past, couldn’t remember my mum, but I never gave anyone the full picture. My memory was dead. Now, through months of therapy, my memory twitched, kicked, sputtered. It came to life.
Some days I’d open my eyes to find Mummy…standing before me.
A thousand images returned, some so bright and vivid that they were like holograms. I remembered mornings in Mummy’s apartment at Kensington Palace, the nanny waking Willy and me, helping us down to Mummy’s bedroom. I remembered that she had a waterbed, and Willy and I would jump up and down on the mattress, screaming, laughing, our hair standing straight up. I remembered the breakfasts together, Mummy loving grapefruit and lychees, seldom drinking coffee or tea. I remembered that after breakfast we’d embark on the working day with her, sitting by her side during her first phone calls, auditing her business meetings. I remembered Willy and me joining her for a chat with Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, and Cindy Crawford. Very confusing. Especially for two shy boys, at or about the age of puberty. I remembered bedtimes in Kensington Palace, saying goodnight at the foot of the stairs, kissing her soft neck, inhaling her perfume, then lying in bed, in the dark, feeling so far away, so alone, and longing to hear her voice just one more time. I remembered my bedroom being the farthest from hers, and in the dark, in the terrible silence, being unable to relax, unable to let go.

Of course it was the furthest bedroom away 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Meg was having trouble getting pregnant as she had lost an alarming amount of weight even though she ate all the time. It was suggested she needed to gain 5lb to be able to conceive so she ate and ate, gained the 5lb then miraculously fell pregnant !
With the help of a surrogate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
It's fascinating to see, in his own words, that even before they got engaged, people in the family disliked her.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.