Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meg was having trouble getting pregnant as she had lost an alarming amount of weight even though she ate all the time. It was suggested she needed to gain 5lb to be able to conceive so she ate and ate, gained the 5lb then miraculously fell pregnant !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I watched Suits up to season 7
I loved it.
Gabriel Macht is hot. His character Harvey Specter was flawed but fabulous.
The female lead characters were his partner in the law firm and his PA. Both women were also fabulous.
The guy who played Lewis Litt was a love/ hate character. He was kinda cute in a schmuck kinda way.
The guy who fell in love with Meghan's character was a smug git but his character was crucial to the storyline that ran through all of seasons 1 to 7.
He faked his bar exam. He wasnt a qualified lawyer but had a photographic memory.

Meghan played a paralegal in the office. Her Father was a partner in a rival law firm and he was fabulous too.
She was perfectly fine in the show.
She looked fine and her character was likable.

Sorry but that's the truth.

The character Rachel Zane is very different to Meghan.

VERY.
It sounds like a series I'd really enjoy, I just can't bring myself to watch it now with her in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ah, so it was the Queen’s idea for Meg to write a letter to her father!

Also in this section we learn how much Charles adored Meg and how much they had in common!
It’s funny we hear a lot about how they got on then all of a sudden they’ve fallen out with no explanation what so ever

Reactions: 30
Another Markle Marker that show she wrote it. We know that she misuese words to sound smarter (e.g. archetypes when she meant stereotypes)

However, she may have inadvertently been right when she misused the word mythology

Mythology: a set of stories or beliefs about a particular person, institution, or situation, especially when exaggerated or fictitious.

However, this really should be "our personal hagiography": a biography that idealizes its subject

(I know that there is such a thing as personal mythology: an individual's fundamental stories for making sense and meaning of the world, but that does not apply in this case)
I rang Pa yet again. Don’t read it, darling— I cut him off. I wasn’t about to hear that nonsense again.
Also, I wasn’t a boy anymore. I tried a new argument. I reminded Pa that these were the same shoddy bastards who’d been portraying him as a clown all his life, ridiculing him for sounding the alarm about climate change. These were his tormentors, his bullies, and now they were tormenting and bullying his son and his son’s girlfriend—did that not inspire his outrage? Why have I got to beg you, Pa? Why is this not already a priority for you? Why is this not causing you anguish, keeping you up at night, that the press are treating Meg like this? You adore her, you told me so yourself. You bonded over your shared love of music, you think she’s funny and witty, and impeccably mannered, you told me—so why, Pa? Why? I couldn’t get a straight answer. The conversation went in circles and when we hung up I felt—abandoned. Meg, meanwhile, reached out to Camilla, who tried to counsel her by saying this was just what the press always did to newcomers, that it would all pass in due time, that Camilla had been the bad guy once. The implication being what? Now it was Meg’s turn? As if it were apples to apples.
Camilla also suggested to Meg that I become Governor General of Bermuda, which would solve all our problems by removing us from the red-hot center of the maelstrom. Right, right, I thought, and one added bonus of that plan would be to get us out of the picture.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
Rocket to the moon would have been a better plan.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It sounds like a series I'd really enjoy, I just can't bring myself to watch it now with her in it.
She isn't a main character but she's in it enough to spoil it for you now you know what she's like.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Pa didn’t financially support Willy and me, and our families, out of any largesse. That was his job. That was the whole deal. We agreed to serve the monarch, go wherever we were sent, do whatever we were told, surrender our autonomy, keep our hands and feet inside the gilded cage at all times, and in exchange the keepers of the cage agreed to feed and clothe us. Was Pa, with all his millions from the hugely lucrative Duchy of Cornwall, trying to say that our captivity was starting to cost him a bit too much? Besides which—how much could it possibly cost to house and feed Meg? I wanted to say, She doesn’t eat much, you know! And I’ll ask her to make her own clothes, if you like.
It was suddenly clear to me that this wasn’t about money. Pa might have dreaded the rising cost of maintaining us, but what he really couldn’t stomach was someone new dominating the monarchy, grabbing the limelight, someone shiny and new coming in and overshadowing him. And Camilla. He’d lived through that before, and had no interest in living through it again. I couldn’t deal with any of that right now. I had no time for petty jealousies and Palace intrigue. I was still trying to work out exactly what to say to Granny, and the time had come.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Meg was having trouble getting pregnant as she had lost an alarming amount of weight even though she ate all the time. It was suggested she needed to gain 5lb to be able to conceive so she ate and ate, gained the 5lb then miraculously fell pregnant !
Any pregnancies was probably being eaten up by her ego

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I love Camilla a little bit more for suggesting they move to Bermuda. What a legend. I bet she was cracking up when she tried to suggest it with a straight face. Rothmans king-size in one hand and a sherry in the other.
Bermuda would be a lovely place to live.

Reactions: 19
So far with every extract I've thought the rest of the RF are coming across fairly well, despite his best efforts. They sound fairly sensible. Don't read it, ignore it, it'll pass, talk to your father etc etc.

And I'm Irish so definitely objective, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Ah, so it was the Queen’s idea for Meg to write a letter to her father!

Also in this section we learn how much Charles adored Meg and how much they had in common!
Was this pre-wedding? In which case she wasn’t a Duchess?

Reactions: 20
“kissing her soft neck, inhaling her perfume” I was skim reading thinking he was talking about Megz but he’s actually talking about Diana I tit you not, why is he so creepy and weird about her. Has anyone else ever thought to themselves their mam has a soft neck?! :/ This is one very very weird obsession he has.
This is seriously odd.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I cannot believe this. This is real? There's the silly adjectives again.. 'I took a hit, looked at the rinsed creamy blue of the California sky.' Not Californian sky. Pffftt! I would ask Eton for a refund.

No wonder his brother tried ignoring him at school. Imagine being lumbered with this moron for life.

927f6352-98b4-4b85-897b-a4450de04880_text.gif

• Haha
So if they met in 2016 and it says he said he told her he loved her in September 2017, A year?! She wouldn’t have waited a year for him to tell her that, that’s absolute bollox!
I watched Suits up to season 7
I loved it.
Gabriel Macht is hot. His character Harvey Specter was flawed but fabulous.
The female lead characters were his partner in the law firm and his PA. Both women were also fabulous.
The guy who played Lewis Litt was a love/ hate character. He was kinda cute in a schmuck kinda way.
The guy who fell in love with Meghan's character was a smug git but his character was crucial to the storyline that ran through all of seasons 1 to 7.
He faked his bar exam. He wasnt a qualified lawyer but had a photographic memory.

Meghan played a paralegal in the office. Her Father was a partner in a rival law firm and he was fabulous too.
She was perfectly fine in the show.
She looked fine and her character was likable.

Sorry but that's the truth.

The character Rachel Zane is very different to Meghan.

VERY.
I also loved her father in it, this is why I said “you are shitting me” out a bit too loud when I read it in Tom’s book and nearly gave my husband a coronary, couldn’t believe the audacity of her!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.