Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember The Room? A film made by Tommy Wiseau. It is a so bad it's good film. It has a cult following. It thinks it is a great movie but that is exactly what makes it so entertaining. This book is the literary form of that so-bad-it-is-good formula. Penguin have deservedly hit pay dirt with this book.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
At least if you buy from Amazon you don’t risk anyone you know witnessing your recklessness
The amazon delivery drivers should be allowed to mark people's houses of those who buy it so everyone in thr neighbourhood can be aware of what they are living next to 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I honestly think Diana would be angry at him for writing what he has about William etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
I’d always told myself that there were firm rules about relationships, at least when it came to royalty, and the main one was that you absolutely must date a woman for three years before taking the plunge. How else could you know about her? How else could she know about you—and your royal life? How else could both of you be sure that this was what you wanted, that it was a thing you could endure together? It wasn’t for everybody. But Meg seemed the shining exception to this rule. All rules. I knew her straightaway, and she knew me. The true me. Might seem rash, I thought, might seem illogical, but it’s true: For the first time, in fact, I felt myself to be living in truth.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
That’s worked out really well for you hasn’t it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I felt pretty sure she hadn’t googled me, because she was always asking questions. She seemed to know almost nothing—so refreshing. It showed that she wasn’t impressed by royalty, which I thought the first step to surviving it. More, since she hadn’t done a deep dive into the literature, the public record, her head wasn’t filled with disinformation.
After Willy and I had laid flowers at Mummy’s grave, we drove together back to London. I phoned Meg, told her I was on my way. I tried to keep my voice nonchalant, not wanting to give myself away to Willy.

There’s a secret way into the hotel, she said. Then a freight lift.

All went according to plan. After I’d met the friend and navigated a sort of maze through the bowels of Soho House, I finally reached Meg’s door. I knocked and suspended breathing while I waited. The door flew open. That smile. Her hair was partly covering her eyes. Her arms were reaching for me. She pulled me inside and thanked her friend in one fluid motion, then slammed the door quickly before anyone saw. I want to say we hung a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. But I don’t think there was time.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
I swear that there is a photo of her posing on a bike with that stupid fedora and wearing a blue and white striped sundress...and now I cannot find it anywhere
There is and it is a copy of the Queen and Margaret if I remember correctly. I think it is time to go through the tumblr archives of Skippy and so on as they have had all these pictures

Reactions: 27
Found it - as if you could cycle in that stupid long dress...so chic...so feckin' basic

This isn't a 22 year old, its a 36 year old divorcee acting like she is 22

1673379681475.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Bookworm shares her thoughts on drugs using a couple of real-life examples. Stick with it/speed up but a plausible evaluation of what changed Haz's mentality.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
She could tell what was happening, she got that she was an eyewitness, that she’d forever be part of our personal mythology.
After frenetic bouts of vomiting and nausea, I had a thought… The Royal Family has been around for 1,000 years. It’s survived invasions, bankruptcy, treachery, regicide, dictatorship, Henry VIII and even Wallis Simpson.
The RF is going nowhere. This puny little boil on the arse of humanity and his ghastly wife are not going to win, not going to be able to change anything. Leaks will start, oh yes - dim-bulb royal doesn’t understand that PR exists to portray the good side of their client (while being represented by Sunshine Sachs? Groundbreaking!!) - and they won’t be pretty. We have all these staffers to hear from. Everyone Meghag has ever been rude to. The nasty little secrets covered up for Hazzard, whose ‘cheeky chappie’/‘military hero’ image was burnished by the very men in grey he despises, will seep out. I wonder if Charles will pay Meghag off when she does a narc discard on Harry?
-Oh, also - don’t you just LOVE it when a whiter-than-white white guy tells us what racism is, in the same breath as he describes removing 25 brown people as if they weren’t human? Incredible self-awareness right there.
:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
The hair on that cover photo (bonjour bushy 80's lightly permed mullet). The piercing blue eyes (amazing how that 'People' photographer managed to capture a colour NO ONE else ever has). The editing chaps got more than a bit trigger happy on the old Photoshop bless them. Reading those excerpts, the photos, the snippets of interviews; I genuinely think I must have somehow got on board the magic bus with Harry and slipped into a parallel universe.

Next thing I know the bin will be talking to me saying it's the reincarnation of Diana.

I'll be honest, I've had a rough week. I think I want some of whatever Harry's having. Must be lovely to genuinely be on another planet.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I just can't keep up at the moment, and I am trying believe me. I should be clearing the dining room ready for the decorator but I'm sat here reading furiously 😂

I've stopped watching the news as I'm just about done with it all. I apologise that I've not read all the links provided but I don't have enough life left to read everything 😂

I'm fed up with it all now and not watching a lot of news. I was in Smiths this evening for a magazine, ours isn't huge as it's in a small town. There was a poster in the window and a small pile of books on a table. It didn't look to be like many had shifted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I WAS EXCITED TO welcome Meg to my home, but also embarrassed: Nott Cott was no palace. Nott Cott was palace adjacent—that was the best you could say for it. I watched her as she walked up the front path, through the white picket fence. To my relief she made no sign of dismay, gave no indication of disillusionment. Until she got inside. Then she said something about a frat house. I glanced around. She wasn’t far off. Union Jack in the corner. (The one I’d waved at the North Pole.) Old rifle on the TV stand. (A gift from Oman, after an official visit.) Xbox console. Just a place to keep my stuff, I explained, moving around some papers and clothes. I’m not here much. It was also constructed for smaller people, humans of a bygone era. Thus the rooms were tiny and the ceilings were doll’s house low. I gave her a quick tour, which took thirty seconds. Mind your head! I’d never noticed until then just how shabby the furniture was. Brown sofa, browner beanbag chair. Meg paused before the beanbag. I know. I know.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
His texting, is identical to the texting of a certain well known PUA artist, who meanwhile found God and got married .
Impressive , not really .

Charles is one of the closest friends of Piers van Westenholz (Violet's father), the idea that Piers didn't issue warnings can't be sold to me.
Ignoring his knowledge of the American element , Charles even took Laura-Jo Watkins (American girlfriend ) to his maiden speech in the House of Lords.
The headlines were:
''Another American , but this one isn't married .''
So it was all...predictable.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Okay you guys. A lot of you were there for this with me and gave me a lot of blessings and good wishes, so it's really fitting that you all be the first to know this (and since my parents are currently sleeping and my dog will rip me apart if I wake them up 😂😂). I cleared the professional exam that I sat for in November!!

They just released the results and now I'm shaking from more than the cold!! 😂😂😂

Chocolates and tea/coffee for all! ♥

Except Sparry and his Ho. They wasted burgers 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.