Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I TOLD ELF AND JASON that I wanted to propose. Congratulations, both men said. But then Elf said he’d need to do some fast digging, find out the protocols. There were strict rules governing such things. Rules? Really? He came back days later and said before doing anything I’d need to ask Granny’s permission. I asked him if that was a real rule, or the kind we could work around. Oh, no, it’s very real. It didn’t make sense. A grown man asking his grandmother for permission to marry? I couldn’t recall Willy asking before he proposed to Kate. Or my cousin Peter asking before he proposed to his wife, Autumn. But come to think of it I did remember Pa asking permission when he wanted to marry Camilla.
With Elf’s help I circled a weekend in late October. A family shooting trip at Sandringham. Shooting trips always put Granny in a good mood. Perhaps she’d be more open to thoughts of love?

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
He really is writing this for the clueless American audience most Brits know about these sorts of rules, they regularly come up in the media every time there is a royal engagement etc, yes they are mostly just a formality but it's still done out of respect for the Monarch.
Peter isn't in the line of succession and not technically Royal therefore he doesn't have to abide by such rules, Harry is fully aware of this, he's dumb but he's not that dumb!

Reactions: 42
If it were a real memoir, I would expect it to be centred like:

Significant childhood moments - Mother passing, how he coped, who helped him
Teenage years - School (There is a lot there to unpack e.g. Being so dull, Eton etc)
Early 20s (More about his military experiences, what he learned etc)
Late 20s (Why he didn't continue in the military, how he battled with what to do next in life)
30s (Royal duties, marriage and children, but the real questions... Not this Mills and Boon fiction shite)

There needs to be some kind of message. And it really doesn't even need to be his whole life. Just a significant part of it.

You can mention other people in your memoir but people want to know about you. Several people are reading this by searching for William and Kate's names to see what he says about them. They don't give a tit about his peepee. And real memoirs don't have these insignificant tidbits.

A memoir has to have inside information about something significant, a significant success that people are waiting to hear about. A punch. Like Bill Gates' (and any other Billionaire's) first triumph, Obama winning the Presidential elections, Viola Davis winning an Oscar, Serena Williams' success, Charles finally becoming King...

There is nothing here.

Its just malice, drama and settling scores.
Normally people share some life lessons, moments of hubris and learning, but Sparry is incapable. Every duck up is someone else’s fault. For someone who claims to be a bag of William’s back-up organs, he doesn’t seem to suffer from low self-esteem.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Does anyone else whos read it notice how Harry always expects the Cambridges to entertain him by inviting him over for dinner? He seems to want them to give him their full attention. If I was my sisters neighbour, I'd just be popping over to watch tv or hang out or something. He never seems to spend any time with their kids.

Isn't it interesting how Harry was fine with the lie that he was the fun Uncle. No mention of him and Meghan visiting after Louis was born or anything, surely he would want to tell of the amazing gift she got for the baby and how she knew to get presents for the other children too etc, instead, nothing.

Reactions: 45
Wait I just read on another site that Harry accuses Charles and Camilla of planting the Rose affair rumors?????

This 100% confirms to me that Meghan planted them - the bleep

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I felt pretty sure she hadn’t googled me, because she was always asking questions. She seemed to know almost nothing—so refreshing. It showed that she wasn’t impressed by royalty, which I thought the first step to surviving it. More, since she hadn’t done a deep dive into the literature, the public record, her head wasn’t filled with disinformation.
Oh Harold...... you are as thick as mince. Once she has got her mileage out of you and can no longer monetise your marriage, she will divorce you... ( separation within the year )... citing drug taking and spousal abuse. She will become a spokesperson for abused women, set up a charitable organisation on the back of this, write a book about her trauma of living a life with The Dook Of Sussex.... and my god will she go to town with " her truth " about you and use her children of royal blood for the rest of their childhood as wee money makers ( maintenance payments, advertising etc ). I actually feel a wee twinge of sorryness for you because she will destroy what little reputation and credibility you have left.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Off to look at the Golden Globe pics, I expect Smegs is presenting an award as usual 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Frat House? It was built by Sr Christopher Wren, Prine real estate in Kensington, not only Kensington but KP. It’s worth a bloody fortune
He is a selfish entitled wee git ! We would all love to be given a beautiful rent free cottage. twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The explanation of the explanation continues...

For someone who went to Sandhurst Harry knows very little about the psychology of warfare.
He must have been staring out of the window, no doubt at a talkative cloud, when John Keegan was lecturing.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Things have taken a very sour note for Harry. Lots of sources on Twitter are relaying the rape and serious assault allegations. He’s fucked.

I keep thinking about the dogs broken legs…

ETA: if true, I hope he gets what’s coming to him. Meghan now had the perfect excuse to walk away and come out smelling of roses. This is a story she will definitely be able to promote and monetise and people will love her for it. Have to give it to her.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Our dinner guests were my cousin Euge, her boyfriend Jack, and my mate Charlie. The salmon turned out perfectly and everyone complimented Meg on her culinary talents. They also devoured her stories. They wanted to hear all about Suits. And her travels. I was grateful for their interest, their warmth. The wine was as good as the company, and there was plenty of it, and after dinner we moved into the snug, put on music and silly hats, and danced. I have a fuzzy memory, and a grainy video on my phone, of Charlie and me rolling on the floor while Meg sat nearby laughing. Then we got into the tequila. I remember Euge hugging Meg, as if they were sisters. I remember Charlie giving me a thumbs-up. I remember thinking: If meeting the rest of my family goes like this, we’re home free. But then I noticed that Meg was feeling poorly. She complained of an upset stomach and looked terribly pale. I thought: Uh-oh, lightweight. She took herself off to bed. After a nightcap I saw our guests out and tidied up a bit. I got into bed around midnight and crashed out, but I woke at two A.M. to hear her in the bathroom, being sick, truly sick, not the drunken sick I’d imagined. Something else was going on. Food poisoning. She revealed that she’d had squid for lunch at a restaurant. British calamari! Mystery solved. From the floor she said softly: Please tell me you’re not having to hold back my hair while I’m vomiting. Yes. I am. I rubbed her back and eventually put her to bed. Weak, near tears, she said she’d imagined a very different end to Date Four. Stop, I said. Taking care of each other? That’s the point. That’s love, I thought, though I managed to keep the words inside.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
I do wish that he had continued to “keep his words inside!”

Reactions: 21
Things have taken a very sour note for Harry. Lots of sources on Twitter are relaying the rape and serious assault allegations. He’s fucked.

Oh?? Ive not heard about this. Can you tell me about it, i am not on twitter.

Reactions: 14

Are they still there? Because I saw that most of them had gone maybe around an hour ago. Or is there more?

Reactions: 14
There has been so much information coming out, not just from the book but speculation and rumour are rife at the moment.
It made me think about what we do know...
Harry has mental health issues combined with a history of drug taking including cannabis and cocaine. He has anger issues, these not only manifest towards his family but we have the book extract where he states that he became disproportionately, sloppily angry with his wife when he had been drinking alcohol. He is estranged from his family and lacks a genuine vocation or career.
This is what we do know and I dread to think what else there is. As much as the book has been a source of amusement and ridiculousness, it is further confirmation that he needs some sort of serious intervention before it is too late.
As for his wife, I wouldn't like to guess what the truth is regarding her and I doubt she knows herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Did Harry actually mention how many he killed in the army and called them “chest pieces” in the book?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.