Harry and Meghan #286 Haznohope and Sparrowlegs - that's all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s what celebs do to “protect” their kids online privacy. Think Gigi Hadid. I get it- there’s enough lobbed at them about their kids appearance. As a parent, that has to hurt.
It is and nobody questions it.

But then, why the bath tub pic of Archie? If they were consistent about it I'd be less critical. They seem to only want to protect their kids when they're not getting paid to show them.

• Sick
Reactions: 37
I take the whole copying Diana thing with a pinch of salt, She wore a huge amount of clothes (and was a 'fashion icon') and there are only so many colours in the rainbow. Styles keep coming back into fashion and it's probably impossible to wear something that isn't in some way similar to something that she wore once. That and if you're going to the same type of events, you're likely to wear a similar type of outfit.

I'm not saying there isn't anything to it, but I think there is a little confirmation bias going on too. After all, why would Meghan actually pick an outfit that is identical to Wallis Simpson.... Unless she's actually insane? :unsure:
I agree, the comparison has been done with the queen too. Pick a colour, there's an outfit to match.

Reactions: 21
It is and nobody questions it.

But then, why the bath tub pic of Archie? If they were consistent about it I'd be less critical. They seem to only want to protect their kids when they're not getting paid to show them.
I guess it’s an older pic. If their worry also involves security, I can understand their desire to recognize the public demand to see their kids and at the same time protect their children’s privacy by showing old pictures and pictures that do not full on show their faces. Seems wise to me.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I guess it’s an older pic. If their worry also involves security, I can understand their desire to recognize the public demand to see their kids and at the same time protect their children’s privacy by showing old pictures and pictures that do not full on show their faces. Seems wise to me.

The picture shows his whole face and bare torso. Showing your child in a bathtub, unclothed whether recent or not is so irresponsible. There is no reason or excuse for parents to do this especially famous parents and especially on a streaming platform.

There are websites where predators actually store pictures of children like that for their own use. It's disgusting.

I hate to insinuate this but given Elton John and Oprah's track records - That picture really made me sad for Archie and Lilibet. That they were willing to sell that to Netflix is very unsettling.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
It is wise (I wholeheartedly agree with keeping celeb kids out of the public eye) but this photo was published in the recent documentary (along with other more recent footage). If they really wanted their kids to be out of the public eye they absolutely could (and for the most part, before the doco, they did). It is interesting that the children are only seen when it is of use to the parents (either for $$$ or to divert attention from the RF)

Bath tubs pics in general online are a no-no even for plebs like me. It should never have been published at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It is wise (I wholeheartedly agree with keeping celeb kids out of the public eye) but this photo was published in the recent documentary (along with other more recent footage). If they really wanted their kids to be out of the public eye they absolutely could (and for the most part, before the doco, they did). It is interesting that the children are only seen when it is of use to the parents (either for $$$ or to divert attention from the RF)

Bath tubs pics in general online are a no-no even for plebs like me. It should never have been published at all.

Exactly!

When you become a parent you have taken an unspoken oath to protect your child.

Sharing a picture of your toddler bathing for your own financial gain or nefarious reasons is the opposite of protecting your child.

There was even a campaign against it but it didn't quite take off because millennials are living through their children and pictures of kids get the most likes on social media instagram.com/kidsforprivacy/

In my opinion, this transcends Harry and Peg and is actually a serious issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The picture shows his whole face and bare torso. Showing your child in a bathtub, unclothed whether recent or not is so irresponsible. There is no reason or excuse for parents to do this especially famous parents and especially on a streaming platform.

There are websites where predators actually store pictures of children like that for their own use. It's disgusting.

I hate to insinuate this but given Elton John and Oprah's track records - That picture really made me sad for Archie and Lilibet. That they were willing to sell that to Netflix is very unsettling.
It’s a little boy and you only see his chest up. There are weirdos yes, but there is nothing salacious about a picture of a little boy and the upper part of his chest. There is nothing more irresponsible about this photo than any other photo of a little boy. Yes there are inappropriate bathtub shots but this one, in my opinion, isn’t inappropriate. I guess it could be too casual for the royal family that dresses their little boys in shorts and knee socks when in public. And it’s an old photo. Kids faces change so security issues with this photo are different.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Blackness is not about color in the USA. It’s a mix of family lineage and social construct and power relationships. But I’m happy to explain what I meant earlier. Meghan has always known she’s half black but because of where she grew up and being white passing, she wasn’t experiencing the world as a black American woman. It was about family. She wasn’t treated by the world as a black woman. Then when she got with Harry and suddenly being half black became a well known thing. And how she was treated by the world changed. People began speaking about her in charged language and targeted by microagressions all too familiar to black women. In other words, her relationship to blackness, became intimate on a valence wholly different from just family history. Maybe it’s all about skin tone in the UK but that’s absolutely not the experience in the USA.
I think she has always been aware of her blackness and hated it, sought to eradicate physical evidence of it and associate with white people from family to friends and partners throughout her life… until it suited her to ’discover’ her blackness and cry racism for various reasons (to pressure Harry girlfriend announcement, to force through wedding, to justify leaving RF when really about megabucks deals, to spite the RF when didn’t get her way on half in half out). There’s so much evidence for it but bless you I guess for trying to see the positive. Unfortunately she’s a manipulative, exploitative bleep. Sorry to disappoint.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Isn't the Anderson Pooper interview today?
According to this article the interview is taking place on the 8th of January and the book is coming out 2 days later on the 10th of January. It is strange though that there has been little mention of this interview taking place since it was announced and I have also noticed that it has gone really quiet in Montecito as Harry and Meghan have not been seen since the Ripple of Hope Awards.
https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/royals/spare-prince-harry-more-inflammatory-docuseries/

Reactions: 19
I take the whole copying Diana thing with a pinch of salt, She wore a huge amount of clothes (and was a 'fashion icon') and there are only so many colours in the rainbow. Styles keep coming back into fashion and it's probably impossible to wear something that isn't in some way similar to something that she wore once. That and if you're going to the same type of events, you're likely to wear a similar type of outfit.

I'm not saying there isn't anything to it, but I think there is a little confirmation bias going on too. After all, why would Meghan actually pick an outfit that is identical to Wallis Simpson.... Unless she's actually insane? :unsure:
I'm with you on the copying thing. There's a dress code in the Royal family and that means that the women have to look smart and not show off too much flesh in terms of low cut necklines or thigh high splits in their skirts.
If you're wearing a black dress there's a limited number of styles you can wear.

Diana was a victim of 80s fashion which was quite hideous with those prissy high necked blouses and padded shoulder jackets. Kate tried a bit too hard early on dressing on the side of caution which made her look older than her years and very conservative. Both Kate and Diana developed their style over the years and Kate certainly dresses much better now and always looks elegant.

Smegz tried but obviously has poor taste equating the price tag and designer name with class. Where she went wrong was not having her clothes properly tailored. I don't really think that she's done worse than Fergie and the York Princesses though as they've worn some horrendous outfits on occasions.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think she has always been aware of her blackness and hated it, sought to eradicate physical evidence of it and associate with white people from family to friends and partners throughout her life… until it suited her to ’discover’ her blackness and cry racism for various reasons (to pressure Harry girlfriend announcement, to force through wedding, to justify leaving RF when really about megabucks deals, to spite the RF when didn’t get her way on half in half out). There’s so much evidence for it but bless you I guess for trying to see the positive. Unfortunately she’s a manipulative, exploitative bleep. Sorry to disappoint.
I think differently. I’m not from the UK and can’t pretend to know how things work there but I am a black American woman and can only speak about my experience as a black woman who grew up in predominantly white spaces. I’m not light skinned but my sister was. As are many members of my immediate family. While I’m not biracial, I can relate to Meghan’s experience of knowing you are black and then having experiences where knowing becomes knowing in a broader context.

Reactions: 8
It’s a little boy and you only see his chest up. There are weirdos yes, but there is nothing salacious about a picture of a little boy and the upper part of his chest. There is nothing more irresponsible about this photo than any other photo of a little boy. Yes there are inappropriate bathtub shots but this one, in my opinion, isn’t inappropriate. I guess it could be too casual for the royal family that dresses their little boys in shorts and knee socks when in public. And it’s an old photo. Kids faces change so security issues with this photo are different.
Do you have kids? I wouldn’t put a bleeping tub pic of my toddler on my barely followed private Insta let alone a bleeping Netflix doc… and I haven’t made some big massive deal about privacy or not ‘serving my kid up on a platter’ - they will serve their naked child up on a platter for Netflix $$$$$$ - they are hideous people.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Is this type of picture of a baby similarly a no-no? This image comes from parenting .com. The baby’s unclothed chest is exposed.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
According to this article the interview is taking place on the 8th of January and the book is coming out 2 days later on the 10th of January. It is strange though that there has been little mention of this interview taking place since it was announced and I have also noticed that it has gone really quiet in Montecito as Harry and Meghan have not been seen since the Ripple of Hope Awards.
https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/royals/spare-prince-harry-more-inflammatory-docuseries/
So when is the Tom Bradby thing happening?

Reactions: 14

If I post a pic of myself in the bathtub I’ll be sure to put a black square over my face and blur the girls out because like Smegs says…”safety first” 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
So when is the Tom Bradby thing happening?
According to this article the interview with Tom is being recorded at the moment and will be broadcast on ITV early next month, although again it is strange that there has been little mention of this interview since it was announced, because I am currently looking at The What's On TV Guide for the week of the 7-13 January and the interview isn't listed for ITV so now I am actually wondering if the interview with Tom is even happening.
https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-harry-interviewed-tom-bradby

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
@kipperthedog and

I agree wholeheartedly and why do they poke their noses into our Country when their own is a a right bleeping mess. The fat bewigged one has an axe to grind alongside her ming e munching mate King they are rich semi powerful,race shi t stirrers.

Tyler tithead has been beminged and is probably giving her one and sucked in(in both ways) with her lickle girl abused shite.

They are all rich,bored,hedonistic,hideous,hypocritical hyenas with nothing better to do and, could spend their dollars supporting struggling families in the US.

I loathe them all and our Murican Tattlers are lovely and represent Murican people at their best.

Money and power is dangerous for some
and they use it as a battering ram to bring down what they will never have, respect,class and dignity.

duck them all they count for nothing, they are a bunch of crying,calamitous cretins.

I too am working class and proud of it and in fact, one of my Italian ancestors was the local hangman among other unsavoury individuals but I don't give a toss.
Love this @Nuttynana

Also, when people look to modern Britain and want to punish us all for past transgressions, it’s totally nonsensical, because large swathes of the current population don’t even have any British heritage. My ancestors, for example were French Huguenots on both sides, so my ancestors were probably doing bad tit somewhere else, so don’t blame me.😏

Update: I’ve just realised that the Huguenots left France in the 17th Century, so that would have actually given my ancestors sufficient time to get settled in over here and start throwing their weight around and doing bad tit to other countries, so just totally ignore my original message.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.