Harry and Meghan #2 Duke and Duchess of privacy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is my view too. I do feel very sorry for her, I don’t believe any woman deserves that level of criticism, including Diana and Kate. I don’t actually think she’s acting either, I think she’s just fed up of staying quiet when she’s been so used to sticking up for herself.
There was so much unrealistic hype from the media when H&M got engaged that Royal life was always going to be frustrating for Meghan. The international media hyped her potential to a point far and beyond her actual Royal position. She was never going to shake up the Royal family or become Diana 2.0. She will be expected to fall inline, I’m sure reality has come as a hard blow for the very ambitious Meghan.

Harry’s recent behaviour and the snippets of Meghan from the ITV documentary scream Sunshine Sachs. They didn’t hire an American PR crisis management team for no reason. This is not a couple who want less media attention, they simply want more positive attention.

Reactions: 13
The pair of them seem to be getting confused with what they're roles are. Being a celebrity is not the same as being royalty. You're subsidised by the public and your lifestyle is paid by them so you have obligations towards the public and are a public figure open to comments from those who pay for you. You can't take from the public and then not do your job properly and later moan that you want privacy because you got some criticism for not doing the job properly and just hanging out with stars but barely going to charity events in the UK. Don't take the money then! And go your own way with your own earning and then go and hang out with your celeb pals! If these celebs want to stick up for them then why don't they subsidise they're whole lifestyle instead of us?

Reactions: 13
Interesting that Kate gave her first media interview yesterday since marrying William 8 years ago! Camilla also rarely gives interviews. They seem to know their role is to support their husbands yet Meghan is already giving media interviews and seems to act more royal than Harry! It comes across like she’s the royal and he’s her supporter rather than the other way around. I find her very pushy..writing his speeches, giving her own speeches. Maybe she should take a step back if she’s finding all the criticism too much.

Reactions: 15
Wonder what The Queen thinks. She abruptly became monarch at the age of 25 and was only the 6th queen in nearly 900 years of the countries history. Thrown in to it, no doubt feeling lonely and sad at her fathers death and realising she has to give up the best years of motherhood, but having to move on quickly for her country, all whilst having parliament and her own courtiers doubting her ability purely because she’s a woman.

These two are literally complaining because people called them out and no one asked if she’s ok. Recognise your privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wonder what The Queen thinks. She abruptly became monarch at the age of 25 and was only the 6th queen in nearly 900 years of the countries history. Thrown in to it, no doubt feeling lonely and sad at her fathers death and realising she has to give up the best years of motherhood, but having to move on quickly for her country, all whilst having parliament and her own courtiers doubting her ability purely because she’s a woman.

These two are literally complaining because people called them out and no one asked if she’s ok. Recognise your privilege.
Never mind the Queen, I wonder what Prince Phillip thinks of her moaning about how hard her life is?!

Prince Phillip had to give up his Naval career. It apparently hit him hard. He was bored. He used to go off for months at a time on tours on the royal yacht Britannia. Quote: But Philip had to adjust to being his wife's consort, such as needing to walk a few steps behind her in public. He later admitted, "I thought I was going to have a career in the Navy, but it became obvious there was no hope.… There was no choice. It just happened. You have to make compromises. That's life. I accepted it. I tried to make the best of it."

She should take a leaf out of Phillip's book and accept it and make the best of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
For someone who agreed a taxpayer funded wedding viewed by what - 2 billion people- and flashes their diamonds at every opportunity, Megs and Harry certainly have 0 legs to stand on when it comes to demanding privacy. They are public servants whose remit is essentially tourism, paid for by us working stiffs.
Either give up the subsidies and retreat into private life, including finding your own digs, or stfu. Anyone who tweets support of this current pity campaign is guilty of falling prey to the latest excuse for usurping ones contractual agreement....mental health in all its glory. Remember when we used to say ” if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen”.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Never mind the Queen, I wonder what Prince Phillip thinks of her moaning about how hard her life is?!

Prince Phillip had to give up his Naval career. It apparently hit him hard. He was bored. He used to go off for months at a time on tours on the royal yacht Britannia. Quote: But Philip had to adjust to being his wife's consort, such as needing to walk a few steps behind her in public. He later admitted, "I thought I was going to have a career in the Navy, but it became obvious there was no hope.… There was no choice. It just happened. You have to make compromises. That's life. I accepted it. I tried to make the best of it."

She should take a leaf out of Phillip's book and accept it and make the best of it.
Especially after Philip was exiled from his country, his sister died in a plane crash, extensive family problems with his mother and father and some of the British even to this day still referring to him as a Nazi because of who his sisters married, despite he himself living in England for most of his life and serving during the war.

I reckon they’d take a few people moaning about their clothes, private jets and stupid speeches over what they’ve been through in the public eye.

And let's have this right...... They've hired a VERY VERY good P.R team to salvage their public image, to turn things around for these two!! This is a P.R move!! Nothing more, nothing less!!

Reactions: 12
And let's have this right...... They've hired a VERY VERY good P.R team to salvage their public image, to turn things around for these two!! This is a P.R move!! Nothing more, nothing less!!
Really?! They're not doing a great job so far, are they?

Reactions: 2
Interesting that Kate gave her first media interview yesterday since marrying William 8 years ago! Camilla also rarely gives interviews. They seem to know their role is to support their husbands yet Meghan is already giving media interviews and seems to act more royal than Harry! It comes across like she’s the royal and he’s her supporter rather than the other way around. I find her very pushy..writing his speeches, giving her own speeches. Maybe she should take a step back if she’s finding all the criticism too much.
I don’t know why the news outlets keep saying this. Kate has done a few tv interviews starting with her engagement interview and most recently at the back to nature garden. I can think of 4 others off the top of my head. (This isn’t aimed at you btw, just confused about why they’re promoting it as her first)

Reactions: 4
After his releasing a letter and her suing news outlets, Its like that trip to Africa has become about them and not about the causes they were there to support. Don't even get me started about her not wearing her ring in SA :rolleyes: with all that security. As if they aren't swimming in money to easily replace it.

They seem so out of touch, excessively flying private for example, yet are aggressively trying to salvage things with their new PR team. His crying at the charity event was very strange and she seems to expect people to feel sorry for her in the clip. I've been wondering if they are planning on dropping some sort of "bombshell" secret difficulty they have experienced since becoming parents in their documentary. I see no other reason for it except to humanize them and elicit sympathy

Reactions: 5
I don’t know why the news outlets keep saying this. Kate has done a few tv interviews starting with her engagement interview and most recently at the back to nature garden. I can think of 4 others off the top of my head. (This isn’t aimed at you btw, just confused about why they’re promoting it as her first)
The engagement interview was before her marriage. It’s 8 years since she gave an actual interview to the media which is what they quoted before her interview. Presumably a media outlet like Sky, CCN etc?

Reactions: 1
The one thing I can't believe is MM's treatment of her dad! I don't understand how she can be so heartless. He made a big mistake which he has apologised for but he is just trying to do anything to reach out. That is when the new royal really soured for me. I could never treat my own father that way.

I have no sympathy for Prince and Duchess cry baby.

Reactions: 3
And here we go. The Harkles are taking a six week break for much needed family time. Poor, poor Megs and Harry. She had a six month maternity leave, three engagements and a holiday to South Africa on the taxpayers’ dime, but let’s all feel so sorry for her and send her on a six week holiday and ask her if she’s ok.

So.....they plan to take 6 weeks off royal duties from mid November for 'much needed family time'.....this makes me so angry!!! She was on maternity leave for months, then back to back holidays, then Africa, where she was taking a break while he worked.....really? It's not like they have high powered jobs, commuting and working long hours and not home in time to see the child!

Topanga.....we are twinning thoughts!!!

New thread name........?
Meghan and Harry #3 Existing not living

Reactions: 9
I don’t usually comment on here but the whinging and complaining from these two is utterly ridiculous.

Harry is a chinless , spoilt, posh boy who married an ambitious actress who doesn’t like being told what to do by the courtiers and the Establishment.

“much needed family time?”, do me a bleedin’ favour you clueless pair.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Really?! They're not doing a great job so far, are they?
The usual royal way when there's been trouble is say nothing, do lots of worthy, non celeb type charity/good causes engagements. Eventually the media get bored, move on, and a couple of years later of planting trees, opening children's centres etc wearing the same old frock, and you're applauded in the media for your duty. This isn't the way a us pr firm works, they want results right now. So they've gone down the victim route. It won't work here, it may make things worse. Megs may see the palace as out of touch, but they know how to handle Meghan and Harry's problems, hopefully the queen will step in and shake their stupid heads.

Reactions: 7
The usual royal way when there's been trouble is say nothing, do lots of worthy, non celeb type charity/good causes engagements. Eventually the media get bored, move on, and a couple of years later of planting trees, opening children's centres etc wearing the same old frock, and you're applauded in the media for your duty. This isn't the way a us pr firm works, they want results right now. So they've gone down the victim route. It won't work here, it may make things worse. Megs may see the palace as out of touch, but they know how to handle Meghan and Harry's problems, hopefully the queen will step in and shake their stupid heads.
Honestly the best PR lesson they could take is from Camilla. Put up, shut up, and just do the job of a royal, work hard on planting trees, Charity engagements, and eventually people will come around.

Reactions: 10
Honestly the best PR lesson they could take is from Camilla. Put up, shut up, and just do the job of a royal, work hard on planting trees, Charity engagements, and eventually people will come around.
I agree with this. Camila was hated wasn’t she? My nan used to pretend to spit on the paper if she was in it 😂 Camila could’ve given interviews to try and change people’s opinions of her but she just got on with the job

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.