Harry and Meghan #18 We're really kind, please hire us, as Harry said there is no virus.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad just sent me a very interesting article in Newsweek about today’s case. It’s under a paywall, basically implies that Meghan has over-claimed (maybe her US lawyers said ‘have a go at everything’, so the Brit lawyers said ‘we’ll give it a try’) but a British Judge will just say he’s not going to bother with the sillier claims, and focus on the ‘private letter’ bit instead. In which case evidence about the friends will still be key, so they may have to be named and questioned (also Mr M).

Likely that a process that Meghan started furiously back in October is going to look extremely unwise just now, and they would be better advised to drop the case. But we’ll know all by the end of the day, unless the lawyers apply for proceedings in private or an injunction against reporting (which they might try).
I read somewhere that if MM drops the case, she'll be liable for the other side's costs to date, as well as her own. I don't know whether that's true, but given the DM and MoS have very deep pockets and top legal firms that'll have been clocking up the hours, I imagine the costs so far are eye-watering, even by M's standards. It could well be a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point as they couldn't afford to withdraw.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The case is being live tweeted by a British solicitor. @JoshuaRozenberg (hope I haven’t broken any rules by naming this person on here)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I read somewhere that if MM drops the case, she'll be liable for the other side's costs to date, as well as her own. I don't know whether that's true, but given the DM and MoS have very deep pockets and top legal firms that'll have been clocking up the hours, I imagine the costs so far are eye-watering, even by M's standards. It could well be a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point as they couldn't afford to withdraw.
Do you think they are confident they will win.? I can imagine they have the best and most expensive lawyers they can find.

Reactions: 11
What I would really like to happen - but is extremely unlikely - is that the DM wins and is awarded costs, but publicly declines to take them because ‘they are understanding of the Duchess’s current financial circumstances’. It would really stick in Meghan’s craw to see the DM being generous, but she can’t afford to decline. Or she’d feel obliged to donate the cash to a charitable cause, so she’d still be significantly out of pocket.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What I would really like to happen - but is extremely unlikely - is that the DM wins and is awarded costs, but publicly declines to take them because ‘they are understanding of the Duchess’s current financial circumstances’. It would really stick in Meghan’s craw to see the DM being generous, but she can’t afford to decline. Or she’d feel obliged to donate the cash to a charitable cause, so she’d still be significantly out of pocket.
I would like the DM to win and donate to the NHS

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I wouldn’t give her the opportunity to donate anything. The sugars will applaud her for it

I would like the DM to win and donate to the NHS
Yes that would probably be better.

Reactions: 12
Yes that would probably be better.
It would be too obvious and expected. The DM would really grab the moral high ground by refusing to take her cash - very hard for her to argue how horrible they are then. ‘It was never about the money, it was about protecting our reputation in the face of vexatious litigation.’

In fact, I’m amazed that H&M’s lawyers let them release their letter earlier this week in advance of the court hearings, as it clearly indicates that H&M have an issue with the tabloid press that borders on the irrational.

Reactions: 20
The case is being live tweeted by a British solicitor. @JoshuaRozenberg (hope I haven’t broken any rules by naming this person on here)
Thank you.
Here’s the link to his twitter:

Reactions: 17
It would be too obvious and expected. The DM would really grab the moral high ground by refusing to take her cash - very hard for her to argue how horrible they are then.
I agree. But the witch in me doesn’t want her to come out of this looking good in any way. She'll end up looking like mother Theresa by donating it to some noble cause

• Heart
I agree. But the witch in me doesn’t want her to come out of this looking good in any way. She'll end up looking like mother Theresa by donating it to some noble cause
But she’d have to do it through clenched teeth, because they really, really need the cash. And she’d still have lost the case. Her sugars will try to spin* it in her favour whatever the outcome.

* spun sugar 🤣

• Haha
Same here, if they didn't take her money she'd find a way to twist it. She'd probably just keep it 'donate' it to her foundation.

Does anyone remember when she first sued them and there were rumours that it was a threat to other newspapers because her sex tape was being shopped around to the media? I remember there were articles about how this letter thing seemed such a small thing to take the MoS to court over.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Same here, if they didn't take her money she'd find a way to twist it. She'd probably just keep it 'donate' it to her foundation.

Does anyone remember when she first sued them and there were rumours that it was a threat to other newspapers because her sex tape was being shopped around to the media? I remember there were articles about how this letter thing seemed such a small thing to take the MoS to court over.
The sex tape one was far to risky for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok. I'm convinced there's going to be an announcement of a second baby.
Imminently.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The news on the radio just said that she’s now claiming the DM pursued and harassed her father while his health was fragile. Erm, didn’t. She do that as well?

Ok. I'm convinced there's going to be an announcement of a second baby.
Imminently.
Not from me Carmen 😮

Could be freda and Liam Neesam.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.