Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
But Jill does not have a PhD. She has a EdD. A different kettle of fish altogether. She teaches part-time at a local community college of no particular reputation. She has not published anything of note, has not taught at a higher level, and as others have mentioned...milks it for all it's worth.
Your father had a real PhD. ! As you describe him, he EARNED the respect of being "Dr." and "Sir" How marvelous for him, and for your family....and for his associates and his students as well.
You are right, it’s not a PhD but a Ed.D*. My bad. It’s still a doctor’s degree though? She could still teach as a professor. The University of Delaware deemed her thesis worthy enough, to make her a doctor.
It’s also pretty normal to publish under your academic title? I am from a country that is obsessed with academic titles. People love to through them around and are very proud of this achievement. And while our professors do not expect their students to use them (because some have quite a few and they treat their students as their next colleagues -at least my department had that mindset) they will be printed on everything official. Same goes for all those title wearers that have left University/research.
But I agree, throwing a title around just to look important smells snobbish. At one point it looks more ridiculous than anything else, even if you are completely entitled to do so. Definitely like our beloved ex-royals who love to slap their title everywhere and were eager to remind everyone that they are ABSOLUTELY ENTITLED to use HRH but just agreed not to. So, calling out this behaviour I am all on board.
I will drop the topic, as I think I made it clear that I have no problems with slagging someone off about throwing titles around. I just hate it when people try to act as if those titles don’t exist or are less worthy than they are.

*looked her titles up, just to be clear.
Bachelor of Arts in English (University of Delaware in 1975)
Master of Education (West Chester State College 1981)
Master of Arts in English (Villanova University 1987)
Doctor of Education (University of Delaware 2007, Dissertation: Student Retention at the Community College: Meeting Students’ Needs).

• Heart
Reactions: 13

D. A.

VIP Member
Just seen a hilarious clip on twitter...I have no idea how to share, anyone help me out?

HarrysGreySuit/MrsGrey - Sophie appreciation post

Made me laugh 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Unsure how the voting works but I was watching a BB VIP forum where they were discussing the betting odds and were eliminating contestants from the odds when they were reappearing on their twitter/IG accounts - I don’t know any of the celebs as its in Au but have seen Jenner has been in the media so defo back in the US - I’ll try to find the article I posted a few threads ago
Thomas Markle Jr has also returned to the US.
He was snapped around Sydney and joked he was staying here but lucky he got out before the current escalation in covid numbers (over 1,000 a day and numbers of deaths) in NSW.
Not sure about how BB VIP is going, may be they have already finished filming.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
Murky_Meg has been 'verified' on Twitter so is now a blue tick account :). Taz can't be far behind?

I'm just musing, but has anyone else heard of Marfan Syndrome? Every time I see a photo of M I wonder if she has it.
Yes, I know someone with it, but they are both incredibly tall because of the condition

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
  • Heart

wisebutwild

VIP Member
She definitely said she'd lost her father, as though it were somehow anyone's responsibility other than her own.
She didn't say she had lost her father in the main interview. I have rechecked and she stops short and just says "Ive lost ......." then stops before going on. I didn't know about any other extras being released so she might have said it in those.

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Your father was working in an academic setting where his PhD was relevant to the work at hand. My brother in law also worked in an academic setting and his title of 'Dr' was also used within that setting. But he didn't use the title outside of work. Anymore than I put B.Sc. M.A after my name when I sign things. Or my brother refers to himself as Sgt Major in his everyday life. It's just not done today.

I actually came back on to post the latest According 2Taz. Off to bed now, night, night. :sleep:🛌💤
I watched the first 54 seconds of the video and it was old news that Tattlers mentioned in already closed threads. Is there anything new worth watching?

Carpediem69

VIP Member
Haven't seen Big Brother for years but how does it work recording it and airing it weeks later? I thought the public voted on who should be evicted from the house each week until the final week when the public vote for the winner from those who are left. You can't do this with a recorded show.
Have they changed the formula now, anybody know?
Unsure how the voting works but I was watching a BB VIP forum where they were discussing the betting odds and were eliminating contestants from the odds when they were reappearing on their twitter/IG accounts - I don’t know any of the celebs as its in Au but have seen Jenner has been in the media so defo back in the US - I’ll try to find the article I posted a few threads ago

flower1959

How did she nearly lose her name? She chose to take the title, she didn't have to, she didn't change her name with her other husband(s).
Can someone point me in the direction of where to find where Markle said these things? Can't seem to find it on google...........

spangly

VIP Member
Yes, it always used to be aired live (or virtually live) because of the voting process. He couldn't have said anything juicy if we haven't heard about it!

• Sad

Albatross

Triggered !!!:mad: Not even read it but can imagine the verbose avalanche of dick sucking and fanny fondling going on between them.:mad:

Listen ya cunts, if sleepy Joe had been honest two months ago and said "Yes, Kabul is in danger of falling to the taliban. Anyone aiding the allied forces should evacuate now or run the risk of being stuck there in the last days of occupation" instead of his animated ( I know, I know, I was shocked too that he woke up enough to raise his voice above his usual mumble:eek:) "KABUL WILL NOT FALL. NO HELICOPTERS ON ROOFS LIKE VIETNAM!" maybe more people would have got out sooner.
As for No6. If he hadn't wasted veritable squads of special forces protecting his skinny ginger XBoxing arse back in the day then maybe they could have been deployed where needed and Kabul would not have fallen.

Ok, that last paragraph is exaggerated shite ... but might be true, you just never know. Excuse me while I reposition my foil hat and drink some koolaid...

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/timeline-of-u-s-withdrawal-from-afghanistan/
The issue people have is that, although officially not incorrect that she uses Dr in front of her name, it is the height of misplaced pretentiousness to expect people to refer to you that way in all contexts.... the equivalent of Smeggy demanding that her staff refer to her as "Duchess" or "Princess" (both are officially officially on paper correct - as she is married to a prince - but not practiced). Jilly doesn't have a PhD. she officially officially has an Ed.D. It still confers upon her the official official title of "Dr" but it is not really used in practice when introducing someone except in official academic environments. My father has two PhD's - one in applied mathematics and the other in econometrics. He was a professor for 10 years and was surrounded by other professors who ALL had PhDs.... None of them expected to be referred to by the students as "Dr". Not one. Not one referred to their colleagues as "Dr" - except at ceremonies. My dad never waltzed around introducing himself as "Dr ResidentMerkin". Ever. After he left academia, he went to work in the private sector and it was only when he was asked to be an expert witness in a major class action suit was his title brought up as it was to emphasized the legitimacy of his opinion on the subject matter given his credentials. Jill is swanning around demanding that Dr be used all the time. It is the equivalent of the HRH for the Duke and Duchess of Hazard. Technically correct but "please"
Hmm, my father also had a PhD and was a professor for 35 years, and everyone called him Dr. I believe most of his colleagues were also referred to in the same manner. He was the chairman of his department and received several awards and honors, so perhaps it was a sign of respect. Or perhaps it’s an older manner of referring to professors that’s gone the way of ”Sir”. Or perhaps it’s just people who don’t like Biden being nasty about his wife.

What about ANDREEWWWW?

• Haha
  • Wow

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Quite a difference between Harry and the other guys. They look like hard men ready to jump to action, he is nonchalant. Does he only have a little hand gun ? Cannot imagine that doing much harm if under attack ? And what’s with the sunglasses ?
I do not understand why the handgun is in his vest. I am sure the black thing is a holster around his waist.

Nuttynana

VIP Member
Two of mine on sentry duty, ready and awaiting instructions. :) The black one on the right is known as The Bear and enjoys a good scrap. The Tuxedo in the kennel is practising his "evil eye" ready for Hazza and Smeggy.

View attachment 760703
We love naughty pets and right little bleeders they look too they can join and be night stalkers😾😾😾

This is a weird one 😂

Can't see it Doodle can you resend please, just a blank page❤❤

Despicableme

Chatty Member
Murky_Meg has been 'verified' on Twitter so is now a blue tick account :). Taz can't be far behind?

I'm just musing, but has anyone else heard of Marfan Syndrome? Every time I see a photo of M I wonder if she has it.
I have, my sister was tested for it, & one of the school mums had a marfans dx - both very tall ladies over 6ft. Long thin arms & legs, must admit not an expert on it or anything, but interested to know makes you think Marfans?

• Wow
Reactions: 11