Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrsoh

VIP Member
Do we know the NTA result yet. I didn't get the chance to vote today.

Reactions: 11

Kittypops

VIP Member
Catching up...

Would The Queen Grey Rock the likes of Mugabe? Botha? MgGinnes?
She met a lot of heads of state

How do we know the difference between grey rock and glad handing?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: let's all line up the bricks and petrol bombs against the monarchy and the tax payers, let them be lobbed we love being attacked by treacherous people. We love it because we don't do anything to stop it, even though we could.

It's sport!

We don't pay for it, the peasants pay!

I'm out

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

recollectionsmayvary

In regards to PH attaching himself to American veterans....I don't think he will be successful at all because deep down inside of all of us Americans....no offence intended...we really don't believe in the idea/concept/belief of "royal blood". We truly do not believe this, deep down. PH will be seen as an entitled pipsqueak who saw no real action and made no sacrifices at all. He may be seen as a celebrity, but no more than that and much resentment will likely ensue.

I myself really enjoy the spectacle of the RH and all the drama surrounding it....much like a soap opera or TV drama. Great fun ! Deep inside I believe they are no different
than you or I. I am amazed, as I suspect many are, at the amount of luxury and treasure lavished upon them. Do they really deserve it far beyond their worth? Not for any American to say.

I, personally, feel much more affection for the people of GB...as opposed to Royalty, but I would give it due respect BECAUSE of affection for the people. This includes of course all the fine Brits and Commonwealth members on this forum. Hugs to all....
Whenever you preface something with "no offense intended" that's a fair indication you mean the opposite.
What gives you great authority to speak for a whole country? 🙄 You don't speak for this American!
The idea of "royal blood" is a bit pedantic and insulting; I don't think people cling to that in 2021.

Reactions: 10

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
Hmm, my father also had a PhD and was a professor for 35 years, and everyone called him Dr. I believe most of his colleagues were also referred to in the same manner. He was the chairman of his department and received several awards and honors, so perhaps it was a sign of respect. Or perhaps it’s an older manner of referring to professors that’s gone the way of ”Sir”. Or perhaps it’s just people who don’t like Biden being nasty about his wife.

What about ANDREEWWWW?
Was this in the US, the UK or elsewhere?

Reactions: 9