Harry and Meghan #129 until we get DNA proof you can shove your Troof.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I too think this Prince George thing is totally unacceptable. He is only a child, and they are using his name and his family.

If its from the Family Guy stable, Thinking of the baby character in Family Guy, I would imagine that the main satire will be directed at the adults around Prince George. And the George character will be fairly likeable?

But its not fair to name an 8 year old child. Maybe someone should point out in the press, Sophie Turners hypocrisy for wanting privacy for her daughter, yet not allowing Princess Charlotte any privacy, and mocking her ? And also Orlando Bloom and his privacy demands for his daughter with Katy Perry?

Not quite sure what to do to express my distaste? Maybe ask the British broadcasters, to refuse to allow this programme to be shown anywhere in the UK or even Europe? Im not sure there is a legal case to go for, but maybe somehow shame HBO into withdrawing this cartoon?

I would be interested to hear anyone legitimately defend this kind of thing? Its morally wrong to involve an actual 8 year old child in something like this.
Milliemoo99 unfortunately this show is about George (hence its title The Prince), Charlotte and Louis (for some reason he has a slightly deep voice). Also George's day at school etc.🤬
They do have digs at the adults as well.
This is my observation from a 2 minute trailer.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Saw that ....He gives me rage😡... Surprisingly Shouty Shola was well behaved and on George's defence.... Kids off limits... The comedian guy was an @rse... Thought the kid was fair game... No he is not... What a disgrace.of a "cartoon" shame on Orlando Bloom, Frances de la tour ( shocked) et al 😡
Initially I misread ‘Surprisingly Shouty Shola’ as her name and briefly wondered why it was surprising. I’m going to call her that from now on…

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Male ballet dancers are like thoroughbred horses - sleek and athletic and strong. A thing of beauty.
Patrick Swayze was ballet trained wasn't he?
Did some great fight scenes in movies, too. Nothing to mock about a male ballet dancer.

Is this thing like a Spitting Image show and not as funny as it thinks it is?
I don't think even that show took the mickey out of little kids, though.
I don't enjoy classical ballet much as such, but absolutely love when excellent classically-trained ballet dancers cross into other dance genres....as you said, a thing of beauty. Sergei Polunin is a genius...could watch him dance for hours (if you ignore his Putin tattoo 😂), even in cargo trousers and builders boots (check out Hozier's "Movement" official video).

Reactions: 18
I think to the Americans, Be Kind = Be Mean & Vicious.

I resent being forcibly connected to such an awful, mediocre culture. We share a language and that's it. It's a shame they can't respect our history and Royal Family.

(apologies to the Americans here, I'm sure you're lovely people.)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Argh no way! Hope you don't have it, but pants having to isolate all the same. Hugs. Xx
Cheers @Flairey ....we've dodged the bullet since the beginning but we were in contact with daughter and SIL first time in months...then they caught it hence we've been pinged. At least we're both double jabbed so fingers crossed 🤞🤞.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think to the Americans, Be Kind = Be Mean & Vicious.

I resent being forcibly connected to such an awful, mediocre culture. We share a language and that's it. It's a shame they can't respect our history and Royal Family.

(apologies to the Americans here, I'm sure you're lovely people.)
To be fair I know quite a lot of Americans who are as appalled by the viciousness and mean spiritedness as we are, so it’s not really fair to tar them all with the same brush. Much of what we see comes from their media and doesn’t necessarily represent the views of the many. Most Americans I’ve met are kind, generous hearted people. But I agree there is a sizeable element of the American population that are dreadful.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Milliemoo99 unfortunately this show is about George (hence its title The Prince), Charlotte and Louis (for some reason he has a slightly deep voice). Also George's day at school etc.🤬
They do have digs at the adults as well.
This is my observation from a 2 minute trailer.
While I agree that children should be off limits, I also think that it might backfire and increase George's popularity.

The Queen Mother was just another royal to my generation until Spitting Image showed her as a Mollie Sugden style character permanently drunk, swigging gin for breakfast and obsessed with betting on horses. Older people were outraged at how disrespectful it was but it made her a much loved icon among young adults.

This programme might do the same for George.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
BIB - Doing that may actually draw more attention to the cartoon. Do you remember the Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs outrage that was whipped up by the Daily Mail - most people hadn't even listened to the broadcast at the time, but the DM whipped up public outrage and suddenly everyone had heard about it.

Ignoring bullies usually works far better than reacting to them. A reaction gives them something to fight against.
Its tricky though. Sometimes you do have to stand up to bullies, to make them stop! Im not sure that ignoring bullies, ever really works. maybe It depends on the kind of bullying though. In this case I can see an 8 year old child being bullied by adults who have never even met him, for absolutely no reason, except for their own financial gain!

Usually I like satirical programmes! especially if they are clever or funny. But this appears to be taking potshots at a child, which isnt appropriate.

I have a feeling that the media is already starting to be whipped up, if a discussion on Good morning is taking place! And in hindsight, maybe the Andrew Sachs, Russell Brand outrage was appropriate. It wasnt just on one occasion that Russell Brand was a bit too close to being totally inappropriate. And no one has really suffered long term!
As an aside, did you see the programme about the secrets of the V & A, where they showed the Manuel costume, Andrew Sachs wore for Fawlty Towers? I had no idea Andrew Sachs was a jewish refugee from the Nazis!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Its tricky though. Sometimes you do have to stand up to bullies, to make them stop! Im not sure that ignoring bullies, ever really works. maybe It depends on the kind of bullying though. In this case I can see an 8 year old child being bullied by adults who have never even met him, for absolutely no reason, except for their own financial gain!

Usually I like satirical programmes! especially if they are clever or funny. But this appears to be taking potshots at a child, which isnt appropriate.

I have a feeling that the media is already starting to be whipped up, if a discussion on Good morning is taking place! And in hindsight, maybe the Andrew Sachs, Russell Brand outrage was appropriate. It wasnt just on one occasion that Russell Brand was a bit too close to being totally inappropriate. And no one has really suffered long term!
As an aside, did you see the programme about the secrets of the V & A, where they showed the Manuel costume, Andrew Sachs wore for Fawlty Towers? I had no idea Andrew Sachs was a jewish refugee from the Nazis!
I did see it! I didn't know that either.

Wasn't the outfit tiny?

Reactions: 10
Hello everyone I've been off on a little tour of the USA protesting about the Harkles..... at the White House poor old uncle Joe didn't know who they were 🤷‍♂️
Polish_20210730_113620744.jpg

But the statue of Liberty is on board ....
Polish_20210730_114313465.jpg

Will be getting back to some undercover work soon 😃

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
As they are both parents, I cannot understand how Orlando Bloom and Sophie Turner think it is acceptable to mock an 8 year old child.
They would be outraged if their children were mocked publicly but I guess money talks.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
With regards to HBO cartoon it is in poor taste to include real children and it will markle itself quickly. I doubt if even a second series will be made.

You can tell from the trailer that the few 'jokes' they have will soon wear thin.
I generally enjoy a bit of satire and adults in the public eye are fair game but not kids. It's really not worth getting too irate about it because its going to bomb anyway.

I also don't think that people should be anti American because of a few shitbags in the media. I've met loads of lovely Americans who are decent polite and kind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
As they are both parents, I cannot understand how Orlando Bloom and Sophie Turner think it is acceptable to mock an 8 year old child.
They would be outraged if their children were mocked publicly but I guess money talks.
It certainly does, as the song goes - Money is the Root of all Evil ........ old song by the The Andrews Sisters ......

🎶
La-la-la
Money is the root of all evil
Money is the root of all evil
Won't contaminate myself with it
Take it away, take it away, take it away

If a woman calls a man honey
And it's on account of his money
Honey & money will soon be gone
Take it away, take it away, take it away

No need to alter any words it's perfect - second verse could have been written for Smegs! 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sophie Turner is getting a slating on Instagram after she posted an ad for the cartoon. Good, she deserves it.

Perhaps The Septics paid for this series to be made.
Interestingly, someone pointed out that the only person in the cartoon who has not been facially caricatured is Henry’s wife! The rest of the family have had their features exaggerated but her features appear “normal”.

(edited for clarification)

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Sophie Turner is getting a slating on Instagram after she posted an ad for the cartoon. Good, she deserves it.

Interestingly, someone pointed out that the only person in the cartoon who has not be caricatured is Henry’s wife!
She is in the trailer isn't she? The bit with Hazno.
Mind you it's such cheap tit drawing that it's hard to tell.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She is in the trailer isn't she?
Yes, she is in it but her face has not been caricatured (or “disfigured” to quote the comment) like the rest of the family.

I’ll edit my original post as it was a tad confusing!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.