Harry and Meghan #122 Diana's statue is not a hit. Most of us Tattlers think it's Tommy tit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re Diana’s outfit choice;
Could it have been chosen by William and Henry because it evokes special memories for them? It was not an iconic outfit to the rest of the world, but perhaps to them it holds a special place in their hearts so it was a personal touch.
I can’t think of any other reason that it would have been chosen.

Reactions: 63
Re Diana’s outfit choice;
Could it have been chosen by William and Henry because it evokes special memories for them? It was not an iconic outfit to the rest of the world, but perhaps to them it holds a special place in their hearts so it was a personal touch.
I can’t think of any other reason that it would have been chosen.
Maybe they were advised to (or simply wanted to) use a photo that was taken by them ("within the family") rather than one that the press/media had taken, either to avoid any chance of massive royalty payments, or any embarassment stemming from people saying "you hate the media, but then you've based the statue off this photo that the Daily Mail's guy famously took in 1995" etc.

Anyway, where is #6 now. We know he scarpered from the unveiling the minute he could, but has he resurfaced in Monteshitto consoling his wife on the loss of her dear uncle yet? Or appeared at Granny's for tea/bollocking?

Cassandra333 said:
@Chita Sorry hun, I didn't change the title and I'm not sure why it's been changed. Must be something to do with the rules 🤷‍♀️
can't have naughty words in the thread titles.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Thanks @Chita for the lovely title.
Thanks @Cassandra333 for the new thread and recap.

I think that Ian should post the original sculpt, which was done in clay. It is highly likely that it looks much better with many more details.
Unfortunately creating molds(from the clay sculpture) loses detail, and then the pouring of bronze loses even more.
Taking molds often also damages the original clay work which rarely gets restored unless there is the (financial element) need to preserve the clay sculpture by baking it in a kiln.
The scale of the work(size) IMO completely eliminates the possibility.
But it's understanble that it's disliked, even the outfit is a unexpected choice.
Let's hope at least photos of the clay work are shown.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Great new thread @,,cassandra and,@Chita very witty and well done.

What a disappointing shitshow that was as interesting as having an illness.

Ginger prick looked a complete hole and looked like he had St Vitus Dance, the prick. It proves one thing though he and the doxy are just right for each other and he is like a bad disease that keeps coming back.

William has class , dignity and statesmanship and we are all proud of him.

Wonder what venom will spew forth from the tit holes this weekend probably that he took the show to inferior William etc.

The RF were so right to have ignored the runt.

Thanks @Chita for the lovely title.
Thanks @Cassandra333 for the new thread and recap.

I think that Ian should post the original sculpt, which was done in clay. It is highly likely that it looks much better with many more details.
Unfortunately creating molds(from the clay sculpture) loses detail, and then the pouring of bronze loses even more.
Taking molds often also damages the original clay work which rarely gets restored unless there is the (financial element) need to preserve the clay sculpture by baking it in a kiln.
The scale of the work(size) IMO completely eliminates the possibility.
But it's understanble that it's disliked, even the outfit is a unexpected choice.
Let's hope at least photos of the clay work are shown.
It was feckin awful in every way nothing to remotely resemble her and just a blot on a lovely landscape.

Still, they can play hoopla on it with the kids

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I just made this in honour of the statue unveiling

Which Diana statue are you today?
9E61050D-5610-461C-AB52-FC2535C20D24.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
Just saw Kate at centre court in Wimbledon..she looked so classy, and regal, she is amazing considering the turmoil of the PWB and co.

Wonder which one the Doxy will have at the shithole ranch??
None of those. She will have a pure gold one of herself...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I still don't understand why they included random children, this was supposed to be about Diana herself and now the conversation just turns to 'who the hell are these random kids? why does only one have shoes?'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Great title for the new thread Chita, and thank you Cassandra333 for starting the thread and the summary of the last one.

Reactions: 19
Great thread title I can't believe the number of treads that have been made on 6 & smeg

Reactions: 26
Just saw Kate at centre court in Wimbledon..she looked so classy, and regal, she is amazing considering the turmoil of the PWB and co.

None of those. She will have a pure gold one of herself...
and if 6 is a good boy he can pull her arm down and out of a suitable exit will drop some scooby snacks for him....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.