Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bastille

Chatty Member
Anyone else think this is a continuation of the 'You don't own the word Royal' shit? You keep Royal we'll take your fucking name.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

Kezzle

the Royal Family twitter account just posted about the Princess Royal, not a word about the other news..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
The Spectator Australia's Flat White:
Trolling the Queen

The Ginger and the Whinger have welcomed a daughter into the world, Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor.

We should all be thanking our lucky stars that they didn’t call her Georgina Floyd or something similar, but that name is seriously weird.

“Lilibet”, of course, was the Queen’s childhood nickname, based on her childhood mispronunciation of Elizabeth. Some of her very closest friends and family members still know her by that name.

By giving the name to their daughter, Meghan and Harry are either engaging in some spectacular sucking up — or trolling. You almost have to believe it’s the latter, given the way they’ve put the boot into the monarchy and members of the royal family themselves.

Elizabeth Diana would have looked like an attempt to make amends, but “Lilibet”, a baby name that they’ve already abbreviated down to “Lili”?

True, there is an infinitesimal chance Lili is a nod to some long-forgotten Sax-Coburg Gotha ancestor who waged a war for woke in Prussia in the 1870s, but it’s unlikely.

It’s trolling — and this whole episode is yet another example of why the Sussex are ingrateful, insulting and insincere or (at the very best) just plain weird.

• Heart
  • Haha

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
I honestly think this has been a monumental miscalculation from Hazza and co. It's so transparent and so obviously a calculated yet panicky attempt to backtrack, that it pisses off everyone. I'm staggered that H & M could bugger this up so badly. We all know M in particular has a complete inability to ever read the room, but I'm sure Harry would have winced at this suggestion.

Not only have they pissed everyone off, but they've used a 2 day old child to play silly games. Its reprehensible to do this and again a massive mistake not to include Doria or another black relative/ancestor. They'll explain this by saying they wanted to celebrate strong trailblazing women, but using only white, extremely privileged (both financially and in terms of white privilege) women is a serious own goal. They've also used Princess Charlotte's names, which isn't great either, particularly for the Sugars who are currently breaking world records for the largest number of people to have a panic attack about white privilege and woman called Doria.

It is a piss take, but it's seriously fun to watch the Sugars implode. They're now arguing with one another which is better than anything on Netflix. I was dreading the new baby and yet more sycophantic idiots, but this is massively entertaining. It's like Lord of the flies! 😂🤣

77D70F8D-D8BC-4472-AE68-4CD6217CB507.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
Why didn't they call her Pippa ( Philipa) and honour his grandfather. Why pick a name the queen was given to her by some very special people in her family. Its sooo disrespectful in my opinion.

• Angry
  • Sad

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
Angry post! 🤬

H & M have slagged off the RF to anyone who'll listen pay including saying Charles and William are trapped and by implication, the Queen too, that they're racist and the Queen and Philip were such crap parents they created a genetic pain that condemned their children and grandchildren to lifelong misery. It's manipulative, disrespectful and hypocritical to use the Queen in this way and also cold and calculated.

Worse is how breathtakingly cruel it is to use the Queen's very personal pet name dating back to her childhood, 90 odd years ago. Everyone who called the Queen, Lilibet; her parents, sister and husband are all DEAD. so she'll never hear herself called that again.

This is the card the f*****s have played in order to ensure that they never lose their titles. It's also a big push against the new slimmed down Royal Family. The Queen is painted into a corner. Why would she remove titles etc from parents of a great granddaughter named after her? Likewise, if Charles ever tries to cut the ties between H & M he'll be accused of disrespecting his mother's memory.

I'm sick to death of H & M's games. This baby is being used her as a poker hand with H & M gambling everything on this baby to ensure the cash and publicity keeps rolling in. I genuinely feel sick and angry and really sad for the Queen. She's very elderly, has just lost her husband and has been repeatedly subjected to the stupid games H & M play. The stress and hurt H & M have caused for several years now is unforgivable. 🤬

• Angry

AnderbeauAnderbeau

Chatty Member
The Spectator Australia's Flat White:
Trolling the Queen

The Ginger and the Whinger have welcomed a daughter into the world, Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor.

We should all be thanking our lucky stars that they didn’t call her Georgina Floyd or something similar, but that name is seriously weird.

“Lilibet”, of course, was the Queen’s childhood nickname, based on her childhood mispronunciation of Elizabeth. Some of her very closest friends and family members still know her by that name.

By giving the name to their daughter, Meghan and Harry are either engaging in some spectacular sucking up — or trolling. You almost have to believe it’s the latter, given the way they’ve put the boot into the monarchy and members of the royal family themselves.

Elizabeth Diana would have looked like an attempt to make amends, but “Lilibet”, a baby name that they’ve already abbreviated down to “Lili”?

True, there is an infinitesimal chance Lili is a nod to some long-forgotten Sax-Coburg Gotha ancestor who waged a war for woke in Prussia in the 1870s, but it’s unlikely.

It’s trolling — and this whole episode is yet another example of why the Sussex are ingrateful, insulting and insincere or (at the very best) just plain weird.
I absolutely love the Australians. Their reaction to the whole thing has been refreshing. Unashamedly, unabashedly and amusingly telling it like it is. Giving a voice to all of us who can see through the miasma of horseshit.

• Heart

Cassandra333

VIP Member
New book from the Douchess. The story of mothers and their daughters.

We will snuggle in the chair
Here is where I'll do your hair

You will love me and say I'm the best
The chair will be our very own nest

Here I sit and watch you grow
Your love for me, I will know

We'll read books but only mine
Then you'll see your mama shine

Your first word out will be just right
I will be your guiding light

I will know your adoration
You will be my decoration

You'll make money just for me
You will be a money tree

When they ask of course we'll say
Royalty's in your DNA.

• Haha
  • Heart

buflesse

Chatty Member
Doesn’t the Queen have to approve the names before they are announced? And the child is going to be forever known as Lily so I doubt the Queen is upset. If anything it’s a way of Harry and Meg letting their grandmother know that they admire and honor her even during the current family squabbles.
The Sussexes are always blindsiding HM and there's no requirement for her to approve the name.

If she's going to be forever known as Lily, why have they called her Lilibet? It's a very distinctive name.

This is NOT about honouring HM and it's not a case of a squabble. They have publicly trashed their own family, who have done nothing wrong. Please read the wiki and the other threads, and educate yourself.

• Heart
  • Haha
people saying she's going to look like diana when harry doesn't even look diana and will does!
Not with Markle's genes, she isn't. Diana was a Amazonian-tall blonde. Markle is a short, dark-haired, wall-eyed, giant underbite-possessing,walking nosejob. Maybe the kid will have her original nose though? She won't like seeing that!

• Haha
  • Heart

em141

It's so bizarre. It makes no sense to name their daughter after the queen when Harry has been trashing the family for months. In don't get what their angle is. It implies that everything they previously said was false/exaggerated. Who are they playing to? If they're trying to get back in with the family then it's surely more likely to piss the family off. It hampers people who've been attacking the royals on their behalf because naming the baby Lilibet is like a big vote of support for the queen. I don't understand what they're trying to do.

• Angry
Reactions: 53

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Tensions are high on here ❤

i think some people might need to step back for a bit if they find they're getting too involved or upset, not just with this thread, but with the fans, or the royal family (the real and Hollywood wannabe version “you can be your own princess Harry” 😐)

it’s not worth the upset ❤

(just think how hard it must be for Markle to keep away from a camera while she pretends she wants privacy, the hours must drag. 😐)

• Heart
  • Haha

buflesse

Chatty Member
I am SO ANGRY. Surely the RF has to retaliate now? Why are H&M still the Duke and Duchess of Sussex? Why are they still allowed to use the Royal cipher??

• Sick
  • Angry

Emerald37

VIP Member
Well the Harry Meghan arselickers are out in full force on the NY Times Facebook page.
I posted that I gave the marriage 2 years tops.
Hence the wrath of the sycophants

:p :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I think she's playing us. Like cat and mouse. Throw out statements then sits back and laughs at the reaction. Don't forget she once said she wanted to break the internet. She is seriously unhinged. They both are.

• Wow

MillicentMargaret

"Meghan promised to hit the ground running when it came to royal duties and she did not disappoint, except she was running for the exit." 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 52

AnnieCox

I'm catching up but Peaches posted in the last thread saying:

'The nickname Lilibet was used by Prince Philip, the Queen signed the wreath laid on his coffin from Lilibet, so it has such a special meaning to her, for the Markles to take it and use it for themselves. I just think it’s appalling. Such a slap in the face to the rest of the family - ‘we made it very clear we hate you but aw we named our daughter after you’ it’s such a PR stunt it’s sickening.'

I so agree. My mum's twin sister couldn't pronounce my mum's name and a very cute name developed that was only ever used by my aunt and my dad. All have passed but, honestly, I would be more than embarrased if my children had used the name. It rather makes my skin crawl.
ETA I remember my mum saying to me after her sister had died 'no one will ever call me that again'. I recognised her mourning of the past. I'm sure Her Maj feels the same. What a horrendous, dispicable action from the Markles.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52