Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

buflesse

Chatty Member
The name is disgusting. HM is a MONARCH and the nickname is a deeply private, personal thing for her that has associations with her now dead sister and husband. Now she has to see it over and over in the press. It's no longer 'her' name. An absolutely toxic narcissist move.

Also I noticed Doria has been dumped quicker than a hot potato.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 148

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
To commandeer the much-loved childhood pet name of the head of a family you profess to want no part of (toxic, institutionally racist, passes down genetic pain etc.) , is absolutely dreadful. The bare-faced cheek of it 😦😦 I mean they’ve gone on an international PR drive to trash the institution, then name their beautiful, innocent, daughter after the head of an institution they do nothing but criticise? Vile.

She is ensuring her daughter has a clear link to all the benefits royal connections will bring (celebrity, money etc.) in 20-30 years time, whilst simultaneously slagging off the entire institution.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 146

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
So all the people that were slagging off the RF after the Oprah interview are now gushing at the beautiful name and sentiment of naming the new baby after the head of the RF??? This world is just beyond bonkers

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 141

Cassandra333

VIP Member
The Daily Mail article already has over 10K replies! Some of them are great.
"I suppose Meal Ticket II would be an awkward name" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 121

Flairey

VIP Member
They'd honour the Queen more if they just shut the fuck up and drop off the edge of the earth. Fukin cunts. I had a sneaky feeling They'd do this. They are just horrific. I hope the Queen very quickly copyrites that name to stop them merching it.
I'm so bloody angry and have to say this is worse than the Oprah slagathon.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKIN
C U N T S.
Just fuck off, you disgraceful excuses for human beings. You make me sick. I hope Donald trump gets back in as president and stands up for team Queen.

I was busily typing this on the last thread and it shut. I know I'm going to wake up in the morning with 4 threads to catch up on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 120

Stickladylove

Chatty Member
Cannot wait to discuss the fucking liberty of them nicking the QUEEN’s nickname with my 91 year old nan, she’ll be raging 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 116
It's so bizarre. It makes no sense to name their daughter after the queen when Harry has been trashing the family for months. In don't get what their angle is. It implies that everything they previously said was false/exaggerated. Who are they playing to? If they're trying to get back in with the family then it's surely more likely to piss the family off. It hampers people who've been attacking the royals on their behalf because naming the baby Lilibet is like a big vote of support for the queen. I don't understand what they're trying to do.
I was talking to a mate in London and she basically said it's because they're thick. I think it's because one of them is thick, self-pitying and spiteful (Harry) and the other one is horrifically greedy, comically ignorant, spiteful and basically soulless (Smaug).

Their entire issue is they both want something impossible - to be both in and out of the RF at the same time. They want to be both media stars and private. They want to retain all of the privileges of title and rank without any of the responsibilities. They want to be part of a nation's highest family without even living in that nation. They want the Queen to grant them these special privileges but hate her for withholding them, so veer between acts of arselicking (their own way, a dumb way) and acts of pure spite and deep insult. They know they're nothing if they're out so they want in. When in, they want out because it comes with responsibilities neither of them enjoy and limits on what they can do (like selling on dresses and accepting dodgy diamonds and having grotesque baby showers). They're like spoiled, stupid teenagers kicking against the 'rents while still expecting them to pay for everything and take them on holidays.

Harry is too thick and emotional to play the game well, even though being brought up in a royal house, he knows the rules. Meghan is too ignorant and arrogant to understand why she isn't special, why she cannot change everything to her own whim and both of them are spiteful little pigs who lash out when they don't get the attention they want or whatever they demand. May the palace make bacon of them both.

I do note the note from the Cambridges is devoid of titles. That's ... telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 99

the musician

Chatty Member
Just saw this on the Royal Family thread:
This was a quote from 19th April following Philip's death: "Although Prince Philip also used the name affectionately, no one else in the royal family calls the Queen Lilibet, meaning it will no longer be used".

So if it was announced that the name will no longer be used, the gruesome twosome went against the rules again? It's in such poor taste!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 97

ChaChaRumba

I have just seen the announcement of their daughters name on twitter and literally screamed fuck off, Diana was predictable, but no way in hell did I think they would have the gall to call her Lilibet, holy fuck that's the most 'hand that rocks the cradle' thing ever considering they've spent the best part of 3 months slagging the Royal Family off. They're both shameless and twisted. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 96

AnnieCox

I'm catching up but Peaches posted in the last thread saying:

'The nickname Lilibet was used by Prince Philip, the Queen signed the wreath laid on his coffin from Lilibet, so it has such a special meaning to her, for the Markles to take it and use it for themselves. I just think it’s appalling. Such a slap in the face to the rest of the family - ‘we made it very clear we hate you but aw we named our daughter after you’ it’s such a PR stunt it’s sickening.'

I so agree. My mum's twin sister couldn't pronounce my mum's name and a very cute name developed that was only ever used by my aunt and my dad. All have passed but, honestly, I would be more than embarrased if my children had used the name. It rather makes my skin crawl.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 95

Rayne

VIP Member
Harry & Meghan #112 They’ve got no shame so they stole The Queen’s Nickname

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94

Pixie06

VIP Member
So both names from Harry's side of the family. I'm speechless, though not surprised it was called out here first.

Reactions: 91

1plus3

In a world of hyperbole, it’s no exaggeration to say I feel completely horrified.

We only know a small fraction of what is wrapped up in Her Majesty’s pet name.

It belongs to her and her alone, connected to private, personal history.

For a woman who’s role is so excruciatingly public, could her unique childhood name not be left alone?

She signed her card on Philip’s coffin from Lilibet -shouldn’t that alone indicate it’s a moniker tied to the most personal relationships and thus sacrosanct?

Her Majesty lost her husband just a few short months ago, now they’ve taken her private name?

Appalling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89

Rayne

VIP Member
This succession business absolutely has to be sorted out now by the Queen. No way should the 8th in line to the throne be born outside of the country with no doctors witnessing it. As the conspiracy theories go that could literally be anyone’s baby and they are, the birth of the 7th in line to the throne was sketchy as it is, this one is even sketchier

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

me from mid-America

I have written a poem in honor of the naming occasion…

Granny was a dreadful Mom!

‘Generational pain’ that she passed on…

To Husbands Dad, a stingy creep!

So to Oprah, we had to bleat….

Racial questions, ‘title’ abuse

Denied tiaras we wanted to use.

Like the mermaid, locked away

(Will tell all…if we like the $$$ PAY!)

So we escaped to the Mansion Farm

Down at the henhouse, we pat, pat each arm

“Granny, Granny,”….we intone

‘Your racist firm wouldn’t yield the throne.

‘So…We will shame you while Granddad lies dying

Smear your life’s work and still keep trying

To destroy you, and your reign as Queen

Cause destroying YOU…is OUR CASH MACHINE!’

Well, we can’t live and THRIVE on just Diana’s money

A C grade actress, and her whiny honey

So suck it up…leave OUR titles…set.

And…just so our Fancy New Crowd won’t forget…

….Hey, we grabbed your name….yup….Lilibet.

my opinions only…

• Haha
  • Heart
I posted this at the end of the last thread but I am so incensed that I will post again!

Shameful, I think this is unforgivable. I feel for the queen and the family.

• Heart