Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peachhes

VIP Member
Don’t think the Cambridge’s especially should have acknowledged the birth. Although I do like how small and blunt the acknowledgement is. And calling them ‘Harry, Meghan and Archie’ not Duke & Duchess is an extra little bit of snideness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

timemachinephantom

The hashtag Doria is an interesting search on Twitter - a certain amount of grief and mourning among some at no-show of Doria name; a lot of 'welp, if that's what they want...'; and dollops of fake sympathy from Royalist accounts saying, 'Oh how simply awful for all you sugahs - just think of all that Black Heritage being ignored by your kween'.

ETA - But increasing numbers of variations on : 'Doria called Meghan flower and now Meghan has a daughter named Lili
😭
'
They're really tying themselves in knots to get the Doria connection in there somehow, anyhow...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79

buflesse

Chatty Member
I notice that the Cambridges called her Lili. They're refusing to call her Lilibet...

So cross that the royal accounts have even acknowledged the birth tbh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
First time posting, hello everyone.
Aren't Charlotte's second and third names also Elizabeth Diana?
So they essentially just straight up stole the baby's cousin's name as well as the Queen's nickname lmao

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 78

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Doesn’t the Queen have to approve the names before they are announced? And the child is going to be forever known as Lily so I doubt the Queen is upset. If anything it’s a way of Harry and Meg letting their grandmother know that they admire and honor her even during the current family squabbles.
Are you on the right thread?

• Haha
  • Heart

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
Can’t actually believe they picked such an awful, tacky, rude name and a nickname at that! (I mean, I can believe it because it’s the trash twins who sink lower every time you believe they’ve hit bottom but yanno...)

The sheer cheek of that nickname in particular (and we all know they won’t have bothered asking permission). As I understood it, it was a childhood nickname used only by “we happy four” and her best friend, Lady Margaret Rhodes. I don’t think even Philip did because he called her Cabbage from ‘mon petite Chou’. So really they’ve chosen an utterly private and personal nickname that was used only by the most beloved people in her life who have all passed away. It’s hideously rude and unfeeling. And also just a horrid name. Lily is lovely. But they have to take the idea and then grind it into the gutter, don’t they?

Also the wording of the RF statement is so weird it sounds like they’re as good as confirming it is a surrogate this time. I’m on the fence about Farch but this one, let’s just say I’m looking forward to seeing whether she appears on the succession list on the RF website!

They’re a pair of vulgar, insolent, grasping ingrates!

• Heart
  • Angry

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
I've been mostly off these threads for a few weeks because they were annoying me so much but they've really fucking annoyed me with this.

"I've had such a horrible, shit, horrendous childhood that scarred me for life because my father was so rubbish at raising me and because you were so rubbish at raising him!"

"We really want to show how much we love and respect The Queen by calling our child Lilibet."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Lovely shiny new thread. Many thanks @DandyTandy and @Rayne for the title.

I'm speechless over the name. Just speechless.

My husband, on the other hand, says the only worse name they could have come up with is Elizabitch. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

me from mid-America

I do enjoy the Daily Mail…but the Markles won’t today. The blowback has begun in articles…the comments are even more horrific toward them. Nothing they do…works. So sad.

They continue to put out stories that they had permission. Not necessary if they weren’t in a defensive position. Also, in the UK and the Unwoke US…two many of their lies have been exposed. They suffer now from a big credibility gap. They thought they could corner the RF…but the comments under articles everywhere…show they have truly damaged themselves.

The RF will not correct them. Will give elegant appropriate statements. Just remember…we are only privy to the PR messaging on both sides. The real story is unknown to us. But this decision to go to ground for months and stay silent…is a major “tell” in my opinion;

IMO..They know they need a reset. Behind the scenes, they know they are being frozen out of the RF. They thought they’d have a huge following in the US to compensate. Instead Oprah has had to twice trot out and defend herself and them. I think Oprah knows that her own brand has received collateral damage.

The Queen does have a powerful ‘firm” protecting her and the Institution. She also has a large…truly loving…family. They all know ‘the spirit‘ in which this ‘namesake’ came about. They know the Markles true intentions. And the Markles know…that they know. And we, the general public know. Stupid, stupid mistake to merch the name immediately.

A few days of syrupy PR does not erase the bile that oozed from their mouths, the lies that were told, and the crass merchandising of Harry’s titles. Please note I said Harry’s titles. Because he has neither the intelligence nor education nor the expertise…for any of these jobs he’s been ‘offered.’ These people…even Oprah…have just ‘bought his name‘…not him.

At some point he will see how shallow his situation really is…that he is not valued for the person he is…all he can offer is a name with a reduced title. . He’s a “vanity appointment.“ I’ve sat on Boards with a member or two like this. They interrupt the real work to spout some inanity…everyone listens…then turns away and continues with the previous discussion. He’s only an expert in complaining about his family.

These are just my opinions…

• Heart
Reactions: 75
On another forum I visit - everyone is gushing about how lovely the names are - what a tribute. I’ve been roundly slagged of for saying I thought it was disrespectful.

the level of critical thinking is non-existent in this country.

• Angry
  • Sick

Loolee

I bet they have trademarked the name Lil Diana or Lilibet. Then they can merch, merch, merch.

They really don't have any shame, do they?

Surprised the baby wasn't name Oprah Diana Doria to be honest.

I've never witnessed such crazy narc's in my whole life.

I would have paid good money to see Prince Williams face when the name was released.

• Haha
  • Angry

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
unconfirmed reports that baby Lil-di (not to be confused with supermarket chain Lidl)
who has suffered days of racism at the hands of her family, plus some gender inequality because you know, box, tick.

has already spoken her first word(s)

which will alternate between
“Diana”
“I miss granny Diana”
“Netflix original”
”Kate said it.....”
”william said it.....”
”why cant I be a princess like Charlotte”
”Apple TV”
”twat waffle“
”do I call Charles or James grandad daddy”
”avocado“

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

NSilva

I am an American, I can not stand them. I am disgusted by their crass behavior. This is another attempt to market themselves, and now their daughter. Apparently, they don’t mind naming her after the head of a neglectful family... it is shameful.

I am sure the Queen is not happy with this.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73

thankyoudelia

For anyone who’s wondering:

Respectful: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
Why?: using the full names (as middle names) of a great-grandparent who is shown care, respect and honour at every turn by the child’s parents, and a mother who is much-missed and in discreet tribute.

Disrespectful: Lilibet Diana
Why: commandeering a diminutive used by those closest to the Queen who still showed her the greatest respect. Not shady fuckers who have attempted to crush the spirit and legacy of the elderly wife of an ailing husband/grieving widow and feed off the corpse of a dead mother in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. The names have SFA to do with ‘respect’ and everything to do with merching and cold, hard cash.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73

Wightgirl

VIP Member
Notice the wording of the announcement. The papers might be saying she gave birth but the announcement doesn’t.
They’ve managed to piss off a sizeable section of their fan base AND people who weren’t that bothered before. Seems you CAN piss off all of the people all of the time 😂😂😂 Quite the feat...

• Haha
Reactions: 71

Kezzle

@Silbee
sorry cannot quote from previous thread. The wording of the RF statement the arrival of a daughter FOR them

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

kev1974

VIP Member
Live pictures from Windsor dog sanctuary as the Queen arrives to collect her new puppy this morning, which she has called Megsie :ROFLMAO:

1623052746535.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69