Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rory

VIP Member
The story was that Diana and Dodi were playing a cat and mouse game with the paps that night moving to different locations in Paris...the last trip leaving the Ritz and driving to Dodi's apt. If she had had royal protection, they would have prevented such activities. It was childish. The last pic of Diana shows her turned back and looking behind them to watch the speeding paps catching up to them.
I disagree. The last picture was to stop the passenger photographer on a moped getting a shot through the front windscreen. The mopeds would drive in front and cause difficulty for the driver in terms of not hitting them. A seatbelt, leaning down or covering her head and not speeding would have helped the situation. The mopeds were always going to catch up with them.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

the little butterfly

Dia
@Hadenoughofthiscrsp The allegation currently being thrown about is that she ditched Royal protection and drivers because Bashir told her she couldn't trust any of them as they were all plotting to smear her.
I hate to say it, but there might be an element of truth to that. RPOs wouldn't have allowed an 'evade the press by driving fast' situation to occur.

However we don't know how much of this OhNo was aware of. He seemed to be bitching that the paparazzi were responsible for years, Bashir wasn't the paparazzi.
Diana and dodi had millions they didn’t need royal protection, same as pushy n haz get ur own security no disrespect

DollyBlue

In this new Apple TV series Harry said he "always wanted to be normal". So if he wasn't a member of the royal family and ended up with the exact same grades he did in school (possibly even lower since he needed to cheat for his Art A Level), what would he be doing for a career?
Bog Cleaner no doubt

• Haha
I guess we’re reaching the point now where all Harry has left to merch to the US is his mother’s memory. The connection to the present RF is dead in a ditch; he has no job or cause he seems to stick at. Not much left of interest.

I do find it weird how M is keeping a v low profile - the privacy the couple claims to crave - yet H has gone totally the other way and massively over sharing. No filter.
I clearly have sunstroke (it's been very hot here these past weeks), but just maybe she was the one who wanted the 'quiet life' and this is why we are now only seeing Harry??

The oprah interview launched him in the US and now it's all him??

Bastille

Chatty Member
I'm 40 I vaguely remember C&D being well liked I do remember loving her and Fergie but most memories of her she was fucking hated for always slagging off the royals and being off gallivanting without the boys too much. I CAN remember that she was getting on with the royals in the lead up to her death but most seem to have forgotten that bit.
Found this on Reddit is there a diana thread? Camcorder captures reaction to her death

• Sad
Reactions: 12

Fredsnail

VIP Member
yep really don’t get this one- he’s screaming now he did everything to protect her yet drags her in front of the press and public to an engagement. It just makes no sense to me. Surely they could’ve said she was feeling unwell and was undergoing medical treatment- sure she’d have had plenty of sympathy.
She wasn't supposed to be there, allegedly she went so she wouldn't be alone.

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Posted on the secret celeb thread:

• Haha

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
I'm 40 I vaguely remember C&D being well liked I do remember loving her and Fergie but most memories of her she was fucking hated for always slagging off the royals and being off gallivanting without the boys too much. I CAN remember that she was getting on with the royals in the lead up to her death but most seem to have forgotten that bit.
Found this on Reddit is there a diana thread? Camcorder captures reaction to her death

So chilling. It brings back very sad memories. It was my boyfriend's birthday the day before and I awoke to hear his step brother saying "Princess Diana is dead." I was stunned and thought I'd misheard, but sadly hadn't. Several friends had stayed overnight and I remember us crowding around the tv all in a state of shock and silent. I really loved Diana and it was genuinely devastating. To this day I can't think of a similar situation that has shocked me so much. 😭

• Heart

Lady_H

VIP Member
I'm seriously pissed off with Harry's whining, but I've seen the clip in the Oprah podcast when he speaks about Meghan telling him she was suicidal and it clearly is very distressing for him to speak about it and I found it an upsetting watch.

I still think he is wrong to talk about his and Meghan's mental health ad nauseum. If they were in a better place there may be more value, but as things stand, Harry is rapidly unravelling in front of us and it is disturbing to see. I struggle to understand what therapy he has had because it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Harry is currently manic (and though I'm not a psychiatrist, I use that word in its medical sense) and any decent mental health professional would be telling him that what he is doing is detrimental to his mental health.

I believe very strongly that Harry needs to see a psychiatrist. His condition is a medical condition and he needs medical treatment. He may have recently started taking a particular medication and sometimes when someone has new medication, after a couple of weeks or so they can sometimes get a bit high. This is considered a dangerous time and is in fact when a person who is suicidal is at most danger to themselves.

Part of his mania is likely to come from him being in a situation where he felt he did not have a voice, either within his family and in the world. It must be incredibly frustrating to be unable to speak freely. Now, there's plenty of people who are more than happy to listen to him and watch their bank accounts fill with💰.

Because of Harry's upbringing, he has not been able to grow the skills necessary to be able to read people and their intentions. Previously he would have trusted virtually no-one, but he is extremely vulnerable to people who are telling him they completely understand and can be trusted. Harry is desperate to 'fit in' and ingratiate himself with others, because he needs his decision to leave the UK to be proven to have been the right thing to do.

He's extremely vulnerable per se, but concentrating on Meghan's apparent suicidal thoughts and his mum's death is extremely risky for his own survival. He is so determined to prove his obsession with history repeating itself and it is severely harming him. I'm genuinely concerned at what he is doing.
Fantastic summary. Well done.

buflesse

Chatty Member
I think that tiara is the best one. And it was lovely she wore her grandmother’s dress.
I agree! I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the Cambridge Lover's Knot. I would LOVE to see Catherine in the fringe tiara, or the Strathmore Rose tiara!

Mairag

Chatty Member
Do you remember a few weeks ago we were all saying, it’s too quiet, she’s up to something?? Funny that.

In regards to parenting and or lack of it....few of us can claim the perfect upbringing, those of us who are parents know we’re just making it up as we go along with our fingers crossed hoping for the best most of the time. I don’t pretend to know how to parent a child who has lost a mother or father, so (god forbid) if that were to happen, I would do all I could to get the professional help that child needed especially if my child lost that parent on the world stage as they did. You will never ever be able to convince me that William and the other one weren’t offered the very best of care and help, and continue to have access to it today. The fact that William has turned out such a stable man shows it’s not the parenting that fucked Harry up. And the fact that by all accounts Charles is devastated at the other one just proves what a low life piece of pond scum Harry has turned into. The controlled anger William showed delivering his statement wasn’t just directed at the BBC, that much is very clear. I bet he wants to beat Harry to tears with a polo club right now.
I would pay to watch that 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha