Harry and Meghan #103 William inherits the Throne, Harry gets the Bench

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. They could have been amazing but not exactly as they dreamed it. They would have gone on all the cool tours through the Commonwealth, Africa and Wildlife, maybe even female empowerment but probably more in the scope of micro credit for women in poorer countries schemes. They might have even had a shot as the new Edward and Sophie and go to the Royal engagements on the continent. Yes, the next wedding wave is a couple of years away but I think she would have been decked out way more often than Kate in that regard. They could have perpetuated the narrative of serious, distanced and slightly boring Wiliam and Kate vs the modern, relaxed and warm H&M. If they had kept the stiff upper lip they would be out of the woodwork by now. But no, it wasn’t enough. The wanted too much and now all they have left is whining about their hard lot in life.
Yes, I think you're right, and excuse the poor phrasing but they could basically have become the Royal Family's envoys / representatives throughout the Commonwealth, getting the more "exotic" assignments with cooler photo ops. But that would not preclude having to do the "hard" part of spending vast parts of the day not in a Rotherham drug rehab centre, but at a Kenyan tree-growing cooperative in the middle of the bush (God bless and keep Wangaari Maathai - one of the legion of WoC of whom Harry's Wife isn't fit to lace the boots), still having to grip-and-grin with the plebs.

But they wanted to be the emissaries to Silicon Valley / Hollywood, grip-and-grin with the rich-and-powerful, whilst using those links to coin it in for themselves, and have paid the price.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I don't believe they have ever come out and said "we bought this place" but they've certainly allowed a lot of their favoured media outlets to publish stories implying that they did and that it is their home.

This article from Variety outlines how it was bought and that the address of the buying entity is the same as her manager, so they would seem to have SOMETHING to do with the place.

It could be though that it's always been purely a business transaction, and they make income from renting it out to others to film in (which crucially could be a cunning way to extract money themselves through renting it "to themselves" for their broadcasts and photos etc), could also be banking on extracting cash by reselling it in a year or two with a higher price tag on account of it now being a "princely residence". but in spite of all that they may never have lived there.

Someone needs to hop over the wall and see if there are any chickens in the chicken coop (or indeed if there is a chicken coop at all).
Perhaps we could ask one of the nine people who have already hopped over the wall (and been reported to the police) if they ever came across a chicken coop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Us Americans love our constitution, L-O-V-E. We don’t take kindly to especially foreigners telling us it’s “bonkers”, when he has no reason to criticize it. He came to the US, he is making more money then he should, so what exactly are his grievances?
He is what we would call ‘thick’ he doesn’t engage his brain before spurting out whatever he has been brainwashed into believing - most Brits are embarrassed and are saying that - TBH I don’t think he even knows what his issues really are - but my guess is he is a spoilt adult trying to cause real issues for his family - please do not think he represents my country - they want money - lots of it and until they are given copious amounts or make enough they will not shut up - just my opinion but do not judge all of us by him we just want them both to have their titles removed and p@ss off into oblivion.🙂

• Heart
So the home was bought with his (family's) money and it's listed in her name. Does that mean she's planned for the divorce?
"It'd just be easier H... stop eating your crayons and listen to me... it'd be easier if it were in my name alone, as I'm a US citizen."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
"It'd just be easier H... stop eating your crayons and listen to me... it'd be easier if it were in my name alone, as I'm a US citizen."
If they’ve not bought it outright and have a mortgage it will have to be in her name, won’t it?

Reactions: 7
Samantha Markle has gone quiet recently, what happened to her? I had a look on twitter and there are a few accounts, all private. Has she been 'silent, or silenced?'

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
If they’ve not bought it outright and have a mortgage it will have to be in her name, won’t it?
I can't think why. I can't imagine the wife, with her imaginary $2 million that she apparently earned (but clearly didn't), would be able to get the mortgage on a $14million place by herself... So there has to be someone else underwriting it somewhere and the obvious answer is Harry / the BRF. Though, in that case it might well have been in the wider BRFs interest to not have themselves on any documents to guard against IRS intrusion into the rest of their assets ?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Reactions: 8
Sorry if this has been posted already, but the daily mail has run a story about Meghan’s childhood sweetheart Joshua Silverstein who she met at camp when she was 13. Joshua Silverstein was born in 1977 making him 44. You’re telling me a 17/18 year old was kissing a 13 year old?
Either he’s admitting something a bit gross, or someone has been lying about her age...:unsure: :LOL:
Article also says ‘when THEY were thirteen’ so seems to be the latter! 🤭

LINK: Meghan Markle's childhood sweetheart praises 'courageous' Duchess

#

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Found this https://filmdaily.co/news/prince-harry-meghan-bills/
Financial independence

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle gave up their royal family allowance at the beginning of 2020. After the split with the House of Windsor, the couple stated they wanted to be “financially independent”. However, their new house has a hefty price tag that the royal couple needed to prove they could match.

Conventional finance wisdom tells us that to buy a house, you go to the bank and get a mortgage, whether you’re royal or not. To prove to the bank they could afford their new lavish house, they needed to convince the mortgage lender that they wouldn’t default on their new, pricey house without a steady income, a hard feat for anyone.
A big sum upfront
To convince the lender that their finances were in order, the names Prince Harry & Meghan Markle wouldn’t be enough. They paid their lender, City National Bank, a £3.8million deposit on the home, nearly a third. Typically, a downpayment on a house should be twenty percent according to Bankrate.

The rest of their house will be paid back in a mortgage, setting Prince Harry & Meghan Markle back £34,750 per month for thirty years. Per conventional budgeting wisdom, your rent or mortgage should be no more than a third of your take-home pay (your mileage may vary if you live in an expensive area like a city), and ideally, just thirty percent of your monthly expenses.
To keep the new house, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle will need to bring in nearly £105,000 per month after taxes. Factoring in utilities & maintenance, probably more. The taxes certainly aren’t cheap, with property taxes on their new place setting them back £52,000 per year alone.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but the daily mail has run a story about Meghan’s childhood sweetheart Joshua Silverstein who she met at camp when she was 13. Joshua Silverstein was born in 1977 making him 44. You’re telling me a 17/18 year old was kissing a 13 year old?
Either he’s admitting something a bit gross, or someone has been lying about her age...:unsure: :LOL:

#
We always knew she was lying - add that to the ever growing list 🤣 which also makes the ‘pregnancies’ more unconvincing 😎

• Wow
  • Heart
Thread title suggestion:
Harry and Meghan #104: Genetic resentment, verbose discontentment and bashing the First Amendment!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I can't think why. I can't imagine the wife, with her imaginary $2 million that she apparently earned (but clearly didn't), would be able to get the mortgage on a $14million place by herself... So there has to be someone else underwriting it somewhere and the obvious answer is Harry / the BRF. Though, in that case it might well have been in the wider BRFs interest to not have themselves on any documents to guard against IRS intrusion into the rest of their assets ?
Wasn't their something about the Russian previous owner doing some kind of loan deal when they brought it?

All smoke & mirrors. As others say it may still belong to the previous owner who has let them put their name to it in order to increase the future sale price.

Reactions: 15

#
Loads of people have speculated about this but we can't figure out how she could've altered her birth certificate!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I am miiiiiles behind 🙈. Great new thread 🖒

Do we perhaps think PWB recognises alot of his mothers 'bad' traits in the pair of them. They're both equally enabling the other. PWBW is attention seeking, that's a given.

I saw a lovely looking girl on the school run today who didn't look too dissimilar to PWBW in her youth. All those cute freckles, fro hair, same skin tone. I've no idea how without 'work' she's now looking so pale!

Reactions: 6
Perhaps, but not amazing in the way they wanted.

To be an "amazing" royal, you turn up to whatever 3/4 tedious things you have lined up for that day - community centres, hospital wings, nurseries, all of which you've seen a hundred times before -, shake hands, make a short, forgettable speech and look good doing it but all whilst keeping the attention on the boring-yet-vital thing the British / Commonwealth (not US, no matter how big the "market" is) plebs are doing.

It could have been "amazing" to see someone with both black and white-skinned ancestors do that on behalf of the traditionally white-skinned BRF. But only if you really care about people's skin colour. So basically they could have been W&K but hoping for extra special black ancestor bonus points.

However, they want/wanted to be "amazing", which is to say "progressive" and political, whilst being lauded / fêted / worshipped for it, with the spotlight on them (H because he has been fated as eternally in the shadow of his brother, his wife because she is a massive narc), rubbing shoulders with the world elite without the distraction of having to grip-and-grin at a drug rehabilitation centre in Rotherham (other grim UK towns are available).
It’s pretty obvious they despise the ‘plebs’ though so it was never going to happen.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.