Harry and Meghan #101 Her face is the only thing with more revisions than Finding Freedom!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the staff who were allegedly bullied had to sign Non Disclosure Agreements to keep it all quiet.....

.....could the Palace cancel any agreement so as to allow the alleged victims relate their accounts to the Press?
I've just read that Employment Law, an NDA can't be used to cover up a serious allegation, such as bullying.
Any HR experts or law people here? Is that true?
With NDA you cant go to the press, but if the case goes to court and you are questioned you need/should speak truth and the 'minutes taking' / outcome will be published on official gov website like it was about MM case already..
NDA is not above the law

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Bet they name the kid Diana.....
Also whatever happened to the book her half sister wrote? I haven't heard anything about it since it was supposed to have been released?
I haven't read it and get the impression from reviews that it wasn't particularly ground breaking because she gave a long history of the family. The reality is that we don't really care about the history of the Markle family - we only want to know the gossip on Smeggy 😉

I think Samantha has another book coming out to continue the story.
It's a shame she didn't have a proper editor advise her. One good book would be better than several padded out with stuff nobody is much interested in.

Reactions: 19
If the staff who were allegedly bullied had to sign Non Disclosure Agreements to keep it all quiet.....

.....could the Palace cancel any agreement so as to allow the alleged victims relate their accounts to the Press?
I don't know but should imagine that an NDA can be cancelled with both partys' agreement. They must have been released from such agreements if what we read in the press is true, that there were several members of staff some traumatized who wanted to tell their story about H&M's bullying. The solicitors conducting the investigation will be top-notch and NDAs hopefully not a problem.

Reactions: 17
Michael Deacon in the Daily Telegraph:

Since leaving the UK, the Sussexes have taken a singular approach to the English language

Since leaving the UK, the Sussexes have taken a singular approach to the English language CREDIT: Toby Melville - WPA Pool/Getty Images
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced an exciting partnership between their Archewell Foundation and Procter & Gamble, the American consumer goods firm. Naturally I wish them all the very best in their new venture. I’ve got only one question.
What exactly are they going to do?
I did try reading the Duke and Duchess’s official statement, but unfortunately I couldn’t make head or tail of it. All I managed to ascertain was that they intend to “build more compassionate communities” and “a better online environment” that “unlocks positive, compassionate, and creative spaces”. Through “this stream of work” – and “compassionate service to others” – they will “uplift girls and women”, and “unleash systemic cultural change”. Thanks to their “shared values”, they conclude, both sides of the partnership will be “doing more (and doing better, together)” for “our global collective wellbeing – one compassionate act at a time”.

ADVERTISING

No, I’m afraid I’m still none the wiser. Still, whatever it all means, it certainly sounds ambitious. Procter & Gamble is probably best known for selling mouthwash and laundry detergent, so its ability to unleash systemic cultural change may seem limited. But give the Duke and Duchess time. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither, no doubt, are compassionate spaces.
In any case, perhaps by now we should be used to the couple’s distinctive approach to English. It’s a heady Californian blend of self-help jargon and corporate management-speak, and they’ve been practising it ever since they left Britain.
When they struck a deal to make TV programmes for Netflix, they pledged to “share impactful content that unlocks action” and produce “powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens”. When the Duchess invested in an American coffee firm, she praised its “holistic approach to wellness”. And when she was interviewed by Oprah Winfrey, she spoke of her desire to “live authentically”, expressed concerns about “what our continued reality was going to look like”, and thanked her interviewer for “giving us the space” to talk.
As for the Duke, he recently started working for a Californian life-coaching firm which boasts that its staff always “bring their full selves to the table”. Of course, while Covid restrictions remain in place, the Duke is presumably working from home so, for the moment, he is only bringing his full self to his own table – in the dining room, perhaps, or possibly the kitchen. But no doubt his self will be gracing tables further afield when the time is right.
At any rate, good luck to them both. I don’t know whether they’ll succeed in unleashing systemic change to our culture. But they’re certainly doing it to our language.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I thought the bullyjng enquiry was being conducted by an independent firm of solicitors? Having announced this after the Porker interview the Palace will see it through whether Jason Knauf is there or not as he can still give his evidence even if he's moved on.
Anyone know why he's resigned as the Cambridges' charity CEO?

Strange article in Daily Express today, don't know if it's posted further on. Rehashing the Porker interview Smeg says that the Palace didn't ask for a photo as usual on the hospital steps because the RF weren't going to protect Farch or give him a title so Hazzno and Smeg weren't going to offer up their son (ner ner).
The article says this doesn't tally with FF where they'd hoped for a home birth but had to rush to the Portland hospital when Smeg went into "labour", as Portland is more discreet than Lindo and the elusive Ob-Gyn Penny Law was in attendance. Apparently Smeg was only there for about 4 hours then the family of three went back to Frogmore. Impossible for a geriatric pregnancy.
It's noted that Farch was "safely delivered" (like a parcel). Differing accounts here.
Smeg is hoping for a home birth this summer. Good luck with that Minge.
Nothing tallies.

Reactions: 12
Aaargh, we laugh at Smeg and Hazz but it gets us nowhere, it's like we accept them and...

They get away without any question about their hideous lies

(Having a bad day, sorry tattlers)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I wouldn’t build your hopes up that anyone will expose Smeggy any time soon. She seems to be protected by being married to Hazno.
I have a horrible feeling that the RF won't do anything about these two simply because H is royal and one of them. They can call the citizens of the UK racist, she can bully her staff and use their titles for merching purposes but they are above us. My only hope is that they are waiting until Dioria arrives so they can't be accused of bullying a 'pregnant' woman. If they do nothing then I think the public will feel very differently about them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
This monstrosity costs 476 dollars in the Saatchi gallery 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
There is another DTel story about the complexity of the judgement in the Snarkles/Mail case. I can only think Jarndyce & Jarndyce might be the thinking here? (bloody hate Charles Dickens but do remember Jarndyce & Jarndyce from A level English a thousand years ago)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've just read that Employment Law, an NDA can't be used to cover up a serious allegation, such as bullying.
Any HR experts or law people here? Is that true?
Yes I'd heard that too and think you are right. Good! I just posted about this NDA matter but forgot the point you just made.

Reactions: 9
I don't know but should imagine that an NDA can be cancelled with both partys' agreement. They must have been released from such agreements if what we read in the press is true, that there were several members of staff some traumatized who wanted to tell their story about H&M's bullying. The solicitors conducting the investigation will be top-notch and NDAs hopefully not a problem.
They said at the time that recommendations arising from the investigation will be published in one of the Palace annual reports. So there should be a recommendation on what happens when the Principals (the Royal Family members) behave unacceptably. Who deals with them, what is the escalation and so on.

Although I am very very nosey and want to know exactly what went down, there's no real justification for briefing the press on the detail of an internal bullying investigation. I wouldn't expect any employer to do that. But please, please BP, leak a few juicy bits.

Not surprised that the Markle has been awarded copyright, that was the part of the case that most lawyers thought she would win. It's the privacy bit that was thought to be where she was vulnerable.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thus monstrosity costs 476 dollars in the Saatchi gallery 😂
Shall we have a whip’round and buy it to add to our book of poems - nice front cover - we can add a bench in the background maybe —— honestly to quote Piers ‘the world’s gone nuts’ 🐿🐿🐿

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Aaargh, we laugh at Smeg and Hazz but it gets us nowhere, it's like we accept them and...

They get away without any question about their hideous lies

(Having a bad day, sorry tattlers)
It's a long game. Look at Ellen. Everyone in the business knew she was/is a witch, but it took years for the fall, which is now all the harder for the exaggerated rise.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Daily Telegraph on today's judgement (behind spoiler for length)

Duchess of Sussex's legal battle with Mail on Sunday branded 'tortuous' by judge
Lord Justice Warby appears to criticise both sides for their lengthy courtroom tussles after ruling that the Duchess won her copyright claim

ByVictoria Ward12 May 2021 • 6:14pm

A High Court judge branded arguments in the Duchess of Sussex’s legal case against the Mail on Sunday as "tortuous".
Lord Justice Warby ruled that the Duchess, 39, won her copyright claim after a letter sent by former aide Jason Knauf "emphatically" denying ownership of a letter she wrote to her father rendered the newspaper’s case "unreal".
In a ruling explaining his decision, the judge noted that it was his eighth judgment in the case and appeared to criticise both sides about the lengthy courtroom tussles on every point.
Summarising a long-winded argument about the misuse of private information claim, he referred to one response as "the final twist (so far) in this tortuous story".
The Duchess successfully sued Associated Newspapers for breach of privacy and copyright in relation to the publication of five articles featuring extracts of the letter sent to her estranged father, Thomas Markle, in February 2019.

Earlier this year she won a summary judgment - a legal step negating the need for witness evidence - in relation to the privacy claim and the bulk of the copyright claim.
Lord Justice Warby last week awarded a summary judgment on the outstanding copyright claim.
The Duchess’s legal team applied for indemnity or higher costs after they were copied in on a series of emails sent from the Mail on Sunday’s legal team to Mr Knauf’s lawyers in error.
Meghan, 39, had revealed that when drafting the letter to her estranged father, Mr Knauf "provided feedback" in the form of "general ideas".

Associated Newspapers suggested she had sought professional advice because she knew the letter would be made public and was intended for use as part of a media strategy to enhance her image.
However, the High Court heard that Associated Newspapers admitted in correspondence last November that it was "hamstrung" in proving its point as it had been given no information about the way the letter was drafted.
A second email, sent three days later, confirmed that their lawyers "simply did not know whether or not Mr Knauf had helped with the drafting of the letter".
A further email, which was said to "reveal the defendant’s desperation", referred to unanswered voicemail messages begging for a response and noting the fast approaching deadline for evidence.
The Duchess’s lawyers said the emails proved that the newspaper knew it did not have a strong case and as such had acted improperly, saying it should never have been put on record.
Mr Knauf eventually wrote to the newspaper’s lawyers in April "emphatically" denying having any copyright claim to the letter.
He confirmed that despite making a "very minor suggestion" that the Duchess include a reference to her father’s ill health, he did not co-write the letter. As such, he said he had no wish to become a party to ongoing legal proceedings.
The judge said he had originally concluded that the newspaper’s case "lay between the improbable and the unreal", but did require further enquiry.
However, the judge said that Mr Knauf’s letter, when it eventually appeared, demonstrated that the case was unreal. "That is the position with the benefit of hindsight," he said.

The judge concluded that Associated Newspapers had "conducted itself in a way that is outside the norm" by refusing to accept for three weeks that Mr Knauf’s letter had dealt a final blow to its case.
He said the newspaper’s case on copyright had been "reduced to a speculative hypothesis, founded on hearsay from an unknown source, which lacks corroboration and is contradicted by both the key individuals".
He concluded: "There is no reason, compelling or otherwise, for this issue to go to trial."
He awarded the full costs of the second summary judgment application to the Duchess, as well as the outstanding 10 per cent from the first application, for which he had already ruled Associated Newspapers must pay 90 per cent.
The judge also ruled that the newspaper group must "use its best endeavours" to locate any copies of the draft of the Duchess’s letter and hand them over to their lawyers to destroy them at the end of the case.
Associated Newspapers was also ordered to provide information about its revenues and expenses ahead of a hearing in October that will deal with an "account of profits" the publisher made as a result of infringing on the Duchess’s copyright.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
This monstrosity costs 476 dollars in the Saatchi gallery 😂
If you can overlook the fact that it looks nothing like her (and who knows, another couple of surgeries and it might) I’m rather enjoying the fact that it’s literally two faced. Deliberate or inadvertent shade, d’you think?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I have a horrible feeling that the RF won't do anything about these two simply because H is royal and one of them. They can call the citizens of the UK racist, she can bully her staff and use their titles for merching purposes but they are above us. My only hope is that they are waiting until Dioria arrives so they can't be accused of bullying a 'pregnant' woman. If they do nothing then I think the public will feel very differently about them.
I do wonder what the reason is that they dont have their titles removed as the RF must know how the British public feel about H&M. They are trading on their titles and it is so wrong.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.