Happy Valley #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I‘ve just rewatched series 1.
In one episode Ryan says “would of” and Catherine says ”it’s would have. ’Of’ is not verb!” It made me smile because all those years later she is still correcting him in Series 3. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I‘ve just rewatched series 1.
In one episode Ryan says “would of” and Catherine says ”it’s would have. ’Of’ is not verb!” It made me smile because all those years later she is still correcting him in Series 3. 😁
I noticed in Series 3 that the Pharmacist’s wife corrected her daughter as well!

Reactions: 10
I noticed in Series 3 that the Pharmacist’s wife corrected her daughter as well!
Good! It looks like it’s a bugbear of Sally Wainwright’s as well as mine! 😆
It’s a daily struggle for me not to correct it on here and on SM! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Good! It looks like it’s a bugbear of Sally Wainwright’s as well as mine! 😆
It’s a daily struggle for me not to correct it on here and on SM! 😜
I like that she lets her younger characters speak in a way that is very natural and real for younger characters to speak in this way. It might be a bugbear for her, but it really rounds her characters and gives them depth and authenticity.

Reactions: 13
Just wanted to mention that if any of you are looking for a TV show in the same sort of tone (dark, Northern, serious, some humour, murders, great acting) I would recommend Sherwood.
Sherwood (2022 TV series) - Wikipedia

Its got an absolute rockstar cast too. So many well known faces.
View attachment 1944598
I googled Ashley Cowgill (the guy who got shot in traffic for grassing) as I thought he would turn out to be the son of the actress that plays the pharmacist in Doc Martin (as they look so similar) but it turns out he's the son of Alun Armstrong, who's in Sherwood.

Very boring, sorry!

Reactions: 8
The new BBC series starting next Monday looks promising - Better I think it’s called. I can’t cope with another tit series, so fingers crossed it’s good !!

Reactions: 7
The new BBC series starting next Monday looks promising - Better I think it’s called. I can’t cope with another tit series, so fingers crossed it’s good !!
Look forward to Sunday for Gold - 9pm
The Gold
If like us, you're mourning the end of Happy Valley, then this new crime drama starring the aforementioned Hugh, Dominic Cooper, and Charlotte Spencer needs to be at the top of your list. The Gold tells the real-life story of when six armed men broke into the Brink's-Mat security depot to commit robbery.
The incident, which took place in the 1980s, was labelled the "crime of the century" after it resulted in an eye-watering £26 million worth of gold bullion being robbed. The huge amount came as a huge amount to the criminals who had planned a "routine" robbery.

Reactions: 11
I googled Ashley Cowgill (the guy who got shot in traffic for grassing) as I thought he would turn out to be the son of the actress that plays the pharmacist in Doc Martin (as they look so similar) but it turns out he's the son of Alun Armstrong, who's in Sherwood.

Very boring, sorry!
I thought he was gorgeous in Happy Valley

Reactions: 5
Thought it was nice to see Karl Davis in something, would’ve liked to have seen him a bit more this series. Hopefully he’ll be on telly more soon

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.