Happy Valley #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also bear in mind she might have taken a short career break to (1) have her kids and (2) deal with the Becky/TLR/Ryan of it all, time off that presumably wouldn't be counted in the 30 years' of service but would mean she could have started a couple of years earlier than 1992.
She was a Detective when Becky died then had a breakdown, so that's when she went back to the beat.

Reactions: 12
Also bear in mind she might have taken a short career break to (1) have her kids and (2) deal with the Becky/TLR/Ryan of it all, time off that presumably wouldn't be counted in the 30 years' of service but would mean she could have started a couple of years earlier than 1992.
Yeah that makes sense as Becky was born 88 so probably joined before that and as you say had a break with the kids , never thought of that. That's the answer I needed 😂
---

I've

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Just started Last Tango in Halifax , slightly disappointed she doesn't have a Yorkshire accent but there are deffo traits of Catherine Cawood about her character 😆 only on episode 2 though

Reactions: 10
Just started Last Tango in Halifax , slightly disappointed she doesn't have a Yorkshire accent but there are deffo traits of Catherine Cawood about her character 😆 only on episode 2 though
She gets even better. Just wait until later when Caroline cannot be fazed by anything. All her and Nicola Walker at the end of episode 1, giving each other some right tit, iconic.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She gets even better. Just wait until later when Caroline cannot be fazed by anything. All her and Nicola Walker at the end of episode 1, giving each other some right tit, iconic.
Yeah I loved that and when that lad at the School tried to blackmail her 😂

Last edited:
Are these on the iPlayer?

I enjoyed Halifax but I do find most of the characters quite unlikeable 🤣 I suppose they all have their flaws like regular people. It’s well written though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m going to start these tonight I think, let me know how you find it

Reactions: 3
Thanks so much for all your help and advice. I spoke to my sister today so she says she’s going to watch a couple ahead to check it for me so that could help.
Thanks again .x.
---

I’ve only recently re-watched the whole series otherwise I’d watch again and let you know the exact parts to avoid. Hopefully someone else might be able to help - or maybe write to the Beeb and ask them.
The thought in this is so incredibly kind. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks so much for all your help and advice. I spoke to my sister today so she says she’s going to watch a couple ahead to check it for me so that could help.
Thanks again .x.
---

In S 3 Ep 3, just after Catherine & Claire are talking in the cafe there is a flashback of Becky then. And I think that’s it for S3. There is a flashback of sorts in the last episode, but it’s kind of like her presence is comforting Catherine & she is smiling. It’s nothing like the imagines you see in S1 x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Watched the last episode again tonight as my husband was on early’s yesterday so was in bed! He loved it. I took so much more in this time, the loving, heartwarming stuff like the love they all have for each other and how Claire comforts Catherine when she comes out the house. Also, would love to spend a week in Nevison’s house for a country break 😂 Lovely, remote location and country kitchen. Maybe he could throw in the housekeeper too!
The bit’s that got me the most: ‘I forgive you’ and ‘there’s a grandma’ for different reasons but both made me 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I enjoyed Halifax but I do find most of the characters quite unlikeable 🤣 I suppose they all have their flaws like regular people. It’s well written though.
I must watch it. Thing is, Catherine in HV was pretty charmless too (which doesn't equate to not a nice person). She rarely smiled in all the series. Yes she was troubled but still. A brilliant woman no less but not someone I'd imagine sitting down for a brew with.

Reactions: 3
Thanks again .x.
---

Sending love & hugs. Glad you’ve got your sister to check it out x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wasn't able to watch it yesterday, I've just watched it now.
I loved it. For a final episode, it was perfect for the tone of the show. No big twists, no guns blazing showdown. Just a mix of misery, and the possibility of trying to move on from it.
Aside from TLR obviously, but his ending I thought was actually very well done. He is bleeping vile, the things he's done.
Partly because he was 'made' that way through his upbringing. The fact he gained a little bit of clarity added back that human aspect to him. Which I thought was important.
Not to make you forgive him (what he has done is beyond forgiveness), but to see that these monsters aren't monsters, they are human.
My only minor complaint is I felt the side stories were wrapped up too quick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.