Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BabyOctopus

So...I know people are going to disagree with me or someone's probably going to call me "ableist" or something, but I'm going to say it anyway because I think it's important:

In my opinion, it was incredibly irresponsible of her to intentionally get pregnant while having a stoma and all of the major health issues she has (which she's been hospitalized for and had surgeries for). Her body is a wreck and she put herself (and the kid) at serious risk.

And I know what people are going to say: "Oh but nothing happened! You're just being mean, she and the baby turned out perfectly fine!" Yeah, luckily. It still doesn't mean it was a good decision, and there was a huge chance of things not going well.

And not only did she personally take the risk, but she's like constantly marketing herself as the success poster child of "I had a baby with a stoma/major health issues, now you can too!" It's more problematic than empowering, in my opinion.

Look, I know it's kind of a moot point now that the decision has already been made and the baby is already here. They're a cute family and I wish them well. I just...really disagree with the route they took to become parents.
Why do you have the opinion that having a baby with a stoma is irresponsible and putting the baby at risk?! Do you, or have you had, a stoma?

I have an ileostomy, the same as Hannah, but for different reasons. Mine is permanent, I literally cannot get rid of it, and I believe Hannah's is also permanent. So for women like us we have to get pregnant with a stoma, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no medical reason while pregnancy with a stoma is not advised and it doesn't place any undue risk! Yes there can be some issues with getting the right bag size because your stoma can get bigger in size, this may mean some leaks happen which can be embarrassing. Some women find they have some blockages due to the pressure inside the abdomen but this all resolves once the baby is born. It really isn't a huge risk at all, in fact I've been discussing pregnancy with my surgeon and stoma nurses as I am also trying to conceive and they're extremely encouraging. No issues raised whatsoever.

I think it's such a reach to call her body a wreck, when all she has is a stoma! She's said her IBD was essentially cured when she had her colon removed and she is now healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

TurtletonTheThird

I enjoyed the second trimester video too. I just wish she was less woke regarding finding out the baby's sex. "Finding out which genitals it has" is a horrible way of expressing it. Just say sex. Male or female. We know gender is different, socially constructed, etc.

I also hate when she says "pregnant people". I really hope that childbirth, breastfeeding, and child-rearing will make her realise that these are precious female experiences. Naming them as such doesn't take anything away from the vanishingly small number of women who don't identify as women yet still have children. Please.
I've got to disagree about your last comment. I don't see anything wrong with her saying pregnant people. Because they are pregnant people. Not all those who can carry a child identify as women. It's nice to acknowledge this.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Personally I’ve been impressed by Hannah’s professionalism in making sure she’s got prerecorded content. It makes a nice change from lazy influencers who do the bare minimum but expect all their viewers to stick around regardless, and shows she takes her career seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

lizziebrooks1235

I’ve never written in this thread before but I’ve been compelled to. As someone who also has ‘invisible’ chronic health issues, some of which are very similar to Hannah, I think it’s important to state that - from what she has posted online - Hannah did not rush into pregnancy after the stoma surgery. She’s had the stoma surgery in 2018 and got pregnant in 2021, so clearly enough time had passed before she got pregnant. She clearly did her research and spoke a lot with her doctors and nurses about it. Whilst there is the argument that the pregnancy could have been risky, that’s essentially every pregnancy. Every pregnancy can be risky, regardless of if you have a stoma or not. Hannah’s body isn’t a wreck because she has a stoma. I personally think Hannah was well-informed and had a lot of medical support. I’m very happy for her. Apologies for the essay. Have a good day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
It’s pregnant WOMAN, Hannah. Woman. Not person.

We don’t need to change our language to appease and include a tiny group who have tried to self-exclude from womanhood.
It's not though.... not all pregnant people identify as being women.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
She's 15 weeks pregnant!! 🥰 Did I get misty eyed for someone I don't know? Yes. So happy for her and Dan, they've wanted this so much.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Pawpaw365

VIP Member

We don’t need to change our language to appease and include a tiny group who have tried to self-exclude from womanhood.
Perhaps you should go hang out with J K Rowling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

fidgetjo

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thinks the breast feeding posts are just getting a bit boring and repetitive. She’s posted 19 times since having baby and 12 of them are pictures of her breastfeeding or her talking about breastfeeding. I totally get that it’s a huge part of your life when you have a newborn but it’s just a bit dull to never shut up about it…

• Heart
Reactions: 34

xxlottiexx

so Dan sleeps alone in a bed whilst Hannah is on the floor with the baby, he goes away for a week and leaves her with the baby, never woke in the night, seeming plays video games constantly...
what exactly does he do? their dynamic feels very old fashioned

Reactions: 34

Kiki13

TW CHILD LOSS

I search HW name in tattle after this whole ‘genital’ thing got under my skin a bit. Coming from someone who was trying to conceive for longer than they thought they might have to,
and actually had appointments set up for help with conceiving. I found all this ‘finding out the genitals’ malarkey contrived and stuck up. Fair enough she hasn’t (to our knowledge) had any losses, but many women who have been through that heartache, use finding out the sex as a way to bond with baby before they arrive (and in many circumstances it’s through fear that they won’t arrive and they won’t have any positive thoughts of that pregnancy)… sorry I’m definitely rambling now but the more she goes on about it, the more it looks to me as just trying to look ‘woke’ because she does ‘sex talk’ on the internet and has to be in the same level of other creators 😒
This is a weird justification of your annoyance at the genitals thing, she's not telling anyone (much less people struggling to conceive or who have lost children) that they can't find out the sex of their baby, just that she isn't. You're stretching, just say it annoys you because you both have very different world views.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Daisymai

I was going to say- they have chosen to do motherhood the complicated way. I don’t know anyone who has floorbeds and constant breast feeding demands at rowan’s age.

They say they like it and are ‘so lucky’ to be able to parent this way- but it makes parenthood look horrific

Reactions: 31

sheleg

VIP Member

• Angry
Reactions: 31

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Yeah she's talked about it a few times saying she'll need another surgery (possibly getting the ileostomy reversed?) and it was advised that she gets pregnant before that time. She definitely did her research, spoke to consultants, checked it was safe etc before deciding to try and get pregnant. Having a stoma doesn't mean her body is a 'wreck' and most people with stomas are able to carry a baby and give birth with no major issues. Just like people with lots of other health conditions and disabilities can.....

• Heart
Reactions: 30

sheleg

VIP Member
I enjoyed the second trimester video too. I just wish she was less woke regarding finding out the baby's sex. "Finding out which genitals it has" is a horrible way of expressing it. Just say sex. Male or female. We know gender is different, socially constructed, etc.

I also hate when she says "pregnant people". I really hope that childbirth, breastfeeding, and child-rearing will make her realise that these are precious female experiences. Naming them as such doesn't take anything away from the vanishingly small number of women who don't identify as women yet still have children. Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

bookish

Haha I have a fair bit of tea on her but I need to be careful about what I say so not to out myself!
I knew her a few years ago and went to quite a few social events with her. She was absolutely awful - thought the sun shone out of her, wouldn't listen to anyone's POV, basically thought she was the shit 😂 she would also have her tits out at any opportunity.
I agree, and I also have a lot of tea - but it's that dangerous situation where spilling certain things would give away who I was.

She's the most arrogant and egocentric person I ever had the displeasure of knowing. I tried to avoid her in life as much as possible, but she's one of those people who doesn't get a hint and just forced herself onto you.

She's just constantly brag about stalking "famous" guys and getting them into bed (like she would go to events with the sole purpose of bedding someone). I've never met a louder, more obnoxious woman in my life

• Wow
Reactions: 29

Milliehaha123

Chatty Member
I agree, and I also have a lot of tea - but it's that dangerous situation where spilling certain things would give away who I was.

She's the most arrogant and egocentric person I ever had the displeasure of knowing. I tried to avoid her in life as much as possible, but she's one of those people who doesn't get a hint and just forced herself onto you.

She's just constantly brag about stalking "famous" guys and getting them into bed (like she would go to events with the sole purpose of bedding someone). I've never met a louder, more obnoxious woman in my life
Agree 100% with this. She also used to boast about sleeping with people who were married😷 AWFUL WOMAN

• Wow

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
She packed four nappies for a newborn, what a cheap ass she is. In general, the what I take in my hospital bag screams "Im cheap and I want to save on anything". She has new stuff only when her family buys them for her and the rest is second hand. I point out this paradox only to show that she does not do it out of sustainability concerns
What’s wrong with second hand? Newborns grow so quickly and all they do is piss and shit in the clothes anyway she might as well use
as much second hand as she can and then donate what’s left when she’s finished with it.

• Heart

storynerd

Chatty Member
She said in the newsletter they haven't night weaned him yet as it's "easier to keep doing what they're doing". Easier?! when she's not had an uninterrupted sleep for 2 years and can't go away for more than a few hours?

I know this isn't the thread for it but the push for really extended breastfeeding seems to be such a step backward in terms of women being able to share the burden of childrearing...

Reactions: 28

Milliehaha123

Chatty Member
Haha I have a fair bit of tea on her but I need to be careful about what I say so not to out myself!
I knew her a few years ago and went to quite a few social events with her. She was absolutely awful - thought the sun shone out of her, wouldn't listen to anyone's POV, basically thought she was the shit 😂 she would also have her tits out at any opportunity.

• Wow
Reactions: 28