Hannah Witton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to stop watching her latest video because of this, it was driving me insane 😅. It's like every word is a different clip which she has edited together 😅
Omg saaaame. I commented once that she speaks in a way that's very stunted, and that she also makes a high-pitched sharp sound when she says the letter 's'. That last issue has gotten slightly better, but the staccato in her speech is so annoying. It does sound like it's weird editing, like you said, like one of those videos were people cut up clips of Trump talking to pretend he's singing 'We Will Rock You'. That may be a weird comparison but I hope you know what I mean.

Because nothing she says flows anymore it also means I have to focus so much on what she's saying because her sentences are so dragged out and so often I can't tell when her sentence is over.

There's also that clip where she says "I've basically been using the same bags for three... years... now..." with the three last words on an upswing, she puts her tongue between her teeth very noticeably when she says "th", it's all so weird and over exaggerated...

I feel like I'm being nitpicky haha but it's getting to the point where I can't just casually listen to her videos anymore, I have to really focus and try not to let the weird talking distract me. I just hope she'll watch back her videos sometime and realize she could try speaking more naturally.

I think there's a difference between wanting to raise your child completely gender neutral with they/them pronouns and not wanting to dress your child in highly gendered clothing that have awful slogans on.
If she wants to avoid putting sterotypes on her kid, then raising them as the gender they're assigned at birth and treating them the same with regards to toys, language used, clothes, how their emotions are treated etc then that will help break down stereotypes
Yeah I also would definitely not want to raise my children to adhere to strict gender norms, and I would let them play with/dress however they want. But I think it's strange in a way to act like you're not going to let gender play a role at all? Their biological sex will be relevant in their life, and even if you don't want to impose gender stereotypes, your child's gender will definitely still affect how other people view/treat them. You might as well acknowledge their gender (/their chosen gender) and teach them it shouldn't hold them back from what they want to be/do, instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg saaaame. I commented once that she speaks in a way that's very stunted, and that she also makes a high-pitched sharp sound when she says the letter 's'. That last issue has gotten slightly better, but the staccato in her speech is so annoying. It does sound like it's weird editing, like you said, like one of those videos were people cut up clips of Trump talking to pretend he's singing 'We Will Rock You'. That may be a weird comparison but I hope you know what I mean.

Because nothing she says flows anymore it also means I have to focus so much on what she's saying because her sentences are so dragged out and so often I can't tell when her sentence is over.

There's also that clip where she says "I've basically been using the same bags for three... years... now..." with the three last words on an upswing, she puts her tongue between her teeth very noticeably when she says "th", it's all so weird and over exaggerated...

I feel like I'm being nitpicky haha but it's getting to the point where I can't just casually listen to her videos anymore, I have to really focus and try not to let the weird talking distract me. I just hope she'll watch back her videos sometime and realize she could try speaking more naturally.
I think the weird way of speaking is because she's using a teleprompter. She mentioned that she bought one in a video ages ago, and the staccato speech could be because she doesn't know which word is coming next. When she's been in vlog style videos before, she sounds pretty normal.

Reactions: 5
I think the weird way of speaking is because she's using a teleprompter. She mentioned that she bought one in a video ages ago, and the staccato speech could be because she doesn't know which word is coming next. When she's been in vlog style videos before, she sounds pretty normal.
I've noticed a few times her eyes obviously moving when reading the teleprompter. Obviously I think her natural speech pattern is better but I imagine reading off the teleprompter must cut down on filming times for her. Her halting voice doesn't annoy me maybe 90% of the time, but the other 10% I can't deal 😂

Reactions: 2
Her sex education content is all so much of a muchness - the pegging video was the most basic information anybody could find and she seemed to be falling over herself to say she didn't do it. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her sex education content is all so much of a muchness - the pegging video was the most basic information anybody could find and she seemed to be falling over herself to say she didn't do it. 🤣
Also the tips? So basic, not helpful really. "As a sex educator" okay so actually tell us something we can't all just figure out from common sense.

Also the tips? So basic, not helpful really. "As a sex educator" okay so actually tell us something we can't all just figure out from common sense.
And basically saying "you might get poo everywhere so put down a towel" instead of looking into very easily found tips of how to prepare and clean beforehand.

Reactions: 4
It’s pregnant WOMAN, Hannah. Woman. Not person.

We don’t need to change our language to appease and include a tiny group who have tried to self-exclude from womanhood.

• Angry
Reactions: 31

We don’t need to change our language to appease and include a tiny group who have tried to self-exclude from womanhood.
It's not though.... not all pregnant people identify as being women.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Perhaps you should go hang out with J K Rowling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the video about pegging was…strange? Not the concept of pegging, but the fact that she made a whole video about it when it’s not even something she does herself? Like what gives her the authority to give any advice about it? Couldn’t she have had a discussion with someone who’s actually into it so that it wasn’t just basic info being regurgitated. Also think it’s the kind of topic that would work better as a podcast episode.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the video about pegging was…strange? Not the concept of pegging, but the fact that she made a whole video about it when it’s not even something she does herself? Like what gives her the authority to give any advice about it? Couldn’t she have had a discussion with someone who’s actually into it so that it wasn’t just basic info being regurgitated. Also think it’s the kind of topic that would work better as a podcast episode.
Exactly this. It felt very much like she was just doing it for the sake of doing a video.

Reactions: 5
I don't think it's something she can help but I cannot stand the way she gesticulates, almost as if she's dancing. It just makes me cringe.

Reactions: 4
I wondered if she had tried pegging but her husband said do not include me in this so she had to say she never had lol
Her hair was for a good cause but she suddenly looks like a 40 year old with that haircut. Though maybe cause I've hit the age where all my friends have had kids and they've all cut their hair into an almost too short but practical bob so I just associate it with being mumsy.

I wondered if she had tried pegging but her husband said do not include me in this so she had to say she never had lol
Her hair was for a good cause but she suddenly looks like a 40 year old with that haircut. Though maybe cause I've hit the age where all my friends have had kids and they've all cut their hair into an almost too short but practical bob so I just associate it with being mumsy.
I actually quite like the hair on her but her frumpy dress sense and how dehydrated her facial skin looks definitely ages her.

Reactions: 8
She packed four nappies for a newborn, what a cheap ass she is. In general, the what I take in my hospital bag screams "Im cheap and I want to save on anything". She has new stuff only when her family buys them for her and the rest is second hand. I point out this paradox only to show that she does not do it out of sustainability concerns

Reactions: 2
She packed four nappies for a newborn, what a cheap ass she is. In general, the what I take in my hospital bag screams "Im cheap and I want to save on anything". She has new stuff only when her family buys them for her and the rest is second hand. I point out this paradox only to show that she does not do it out of sustainability concerns
What’s wrong with second hand? Newborns grow so quickly and all they do is piss and tit in the clothes anyway she might as well use
as much second hand as she can and then donate what’s left when she’s finished with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
What’s wrong with second hand? Newborns grow so quickly and all they do is piss and tit in the clothes anyway she might as well use
as much second hand as she can and then donate what’s left when she’s finished with it.
I really think that donated/second hand stuff (which are not available in abundance) should be left for people who cannot afford buying everything new. Plus I would respect her more if she did it out of sustainability concerns. Now she just does it because it is cheaper unless a new thing is gifted to her.

Reactions: 1
I think this is nitpicking, to be fair. Second hand is absolutely fine. We got new stuff as gifts for our baby, then hand-downs or second hand after that. And she shouldn’t need any more than four nappies if it’s a relatively straightforward birth. Dan can always grab some more if she has to stay in hospital for longer.

Reactions: 17