Hannah Ricketts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was the norm for companies to never mention salaries in ads anymore. Especialy in house since it causes all kinds of hr issues. Haven’t seen it happen at the London based company I work for in decades!

Reactions: 3
I thought it was the norm for companies to never mention salaries in ads anymore. Especialy in house since it causes all kinds of hr issues. Haven’t seen it happen at the London based company I work for in decades!
He said it shows the band level so it’s easily calculated. That’s interesting you say that as everywhere I’ve worked in an office, internally they do show the pay range. But maybe it depends on the industry, I work in healthcare. It’s external that usually is hidden.

Reactions: 2
My bro at disney london looked up her job on the internal boards today, as there are 2 vacancies. I don’t want to get in trouble for saying it, but yes it is just about 6 figures and apparently everyone gets 15% bonuses as standard at that level. Not too bad!

Didn’t realise her dad is a pilot? Do you know when she’s mentioned it? I’m being so nosey today. Loving all this info about people on the YouTube
Did she mention what her job was then? I haven't seen her Q and A videos, so just knew she was now working at Disney. She used to be a fashion buyer before, right?

Reactions: 1
I'd say the opposite, everywhere I've worked salaries have been advertised. It's that age old debate on LinkedIn of should salaries be advertised. Personally I'd never apply for a job if I don't know I can pay my bills from it, especially these days when companies want more for less.

Did she mention what her job was then? I haven't seen her Q and A videos, so just knew she was now working at Disney. She used to be a fashion buyer before, right?
Her q&a says she works in fashion licensing but doesn’t say who she works for or what she does within it. Just a vague mention. She said she used to be a fashion buyer and actually was ready to move a while ago. It was mentioned on the other thread she’s at disney, looks like people found the LinkedIn in but I can’t find it.

I would assume from her age and she went to an amazing university for design that she has a great job. I think I’m quite happy to watch someone well education and hard working do some vlogs. So many vloggers are slobs (who on Earth are Sophie and dave? Why are they all so musty looking and lazy?)

Her q&a says she works in fashion licensing but doesn’t say who she works for or what she does within it. Just a vague mention. She said she used to be a fashion buyer and actually was ready to move a while ago. It was mentioned on the other thread she’s at disney, looks like people found the LinkedIn in but I can’t find it.

I would assume from her age and she went to an amazing university for design that she has a great job. I think I’m quite happy to watch someone well education and hard working do some vlogs. So many vloggers are slobs (who on Earth are Sophie and dave? Why are they all so musty looking and lazy?)
Yeah I found her on LinkedIn (doesn’t use her full name) and it’s def Disney related (won’t post on here as o know she said in a blog she wanted to keep what she did vague). Sounds fab job and I really like her too; quite normal compared to some others!

Reactions: 4

Oh fair enough then. I know some people were mentioning the flat she lived in belonging to her dad or other family but I don't think it was concrete that was true. I imagine with her salary she can afford to live where she lives without outside help.

It isn't a big flat she lives in by the looks of it. The area is nice though. She went to the local town on her vlogs and it looks ideal with independent cafes, bakeries etc. I am quite envious of the area she lives, not gonna lie ha.

She's a Lisencing Sales Manager. Hopefully, that's not more than she wants out there. It doesn't give too much insight into the job anyway!

Agree it would be close to 6 figures for sure and in USA probably 50% more. Salaries over there for professional jobs are crazy.

Her dad is probably on a very good salary/pension as we would have got in before they eroded airline salaries. Last time BA was striking they said that back in the 1990s a captain topped out on 200K+ and a new pilot started at 60K but now the salary scale taps out much lower and new recruits have much lower salaries though property in London is more expensive than ever. I can see how we would be in a position to help her with a deposit/downpayment.

The problem I've always had as a single person with a decent wage is that my rent is more than a mortgage would be on a nice home but I can only borrow X times my salary. So I would need a downpayment of probably 150,000 to get a mortgage on a 1 bed in Hannah's area. I could never save that because I am paying 1,500 rent every month. If I had a parents who could give me 60-70,000 I'd be on the property ladder. If they could have given me that at 25 I would have over 200K paid off a mortgage but instead I've given it to a landlord 😭

Love Hannah though, she has her head screwed on, seems like a nice person and makes good content.

She definitely does have her head screwed on and doesn't take things for granted. Yes, she has a more affluent lifestyle than most of us but I enjoy that about her content! She is someone who has worked hard, and even if she did get help to get on to the property ladder why not? She isn't asking people for money and she is pretty upfront when she spends a lot of money on expensive products and will say if even she things something isn't worth the money. While she does spend a lot of the likes of Harrods food etc, she doesn't seem to massively overspend in other areas of her life and enjoys luxuries.

Reactions: 5
When I found out she lost her mum, I felt more connected (if that's the right word) with her than I do with other YouTubers. I lost my mum when I was 13, so it's always rough to lose a parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How did you find out about her parents? I have watched most of her London vlogs and found nothing personal about her. I mean it's okay if she wants just to be very secretive about her life but why then film two vlogs with a man I assume she was dating at the time but then don't answer any questions on the comment section about it?
Also I wonder if it's "normal" to call yourself a cow? I find it horrible and I do not understand most of her IG stories at all, I find her strange.

She mentioned in one of her vlogmas this year that the angel wings on her tree reminder her of her mum. I wasn't sure from that if it meant her mum had died or if it just had sentimental meaning another way. I've not seen or head anything conclusive but the wings comment alluded to it

How did you find out about her parents? I have watched most of her London vlogs and found nothing personal about her. I mean it's okay if she wants just to be very secretive about her life but why then film two vlogs with a man I assume she was dating at the time but then don't answer any questions on the comment section about it?
Also I wonder if it's "normal" to call yourself a cow? I find it horrible and I do not understand most of her IG stories at all, I find her strange.
… you don’t understand her Instagram stories at all, why? I’ve just watched them and they are great. Calling some a silly cow in England isn’t rude, it’s a light hearted ‘whoops’ And if you find her strange why watch her? I don’t think she’s strange at all

• Heart
I like Hannah a lot, been watching for a long time.
At first, I wasn't sure how to take her, but the more I watched her the more I liked her.
She's got some good content... and does some great videos around London.
Just my two cents, good to see she has a thread on here, discussion is always a good thing.

Yes calling yourself a cow would be a mild form of self deprecation. Where I’m from other c words would be perfectly normal to throw about without causing offence. But she’s a lot posher than me so cow it is!
I can’t exactly remember where I heard about her mother but I want to say it was when she was talking about going to her sister for Christmas and she mentioned her mother then as well as saying her father was living somewhere like the Isle of Wight. He wasnt on the mainland anyway but she did give the area where she grew up and said she wouldn’t afford it these days but wouldn’t mind moving back. She also said something else about him that I’m completely blanking on.

I like Hannah a lot, been watching for a long time.
At first, I wasn't sure how to take her, but the more I watched her the more I liked her.
She's got some good content... and does some great videos around London.
Just my two cents, good to see she has a thread on here, discussion is always a good thing.
I thought she was going to be some posh stuck up woman tbh. I did find it took me a few vlogs to realise she’s extremely normal and very funny. I think her accent does put people off at first! (Where as I watch the lodge guys and they talk the extreme opposite and that put me off too!)

I thought she was going to be some posh stuck up woman tbh. I did find it took me a few vlogs to realise she’s extremely normal and very funny. I think her accent does put people off at first! (Where as I watch the lodge guys and they talk the extreme opposite and that put me off too!)

I get told I sound posh, in a previous customer service job I even had someone say it to me and that I didn't understand, privileged etc etc and when I told them I actually had similar background to them they shut up and back tracked.

I think most people would have a phone voice which is more proper than everyday talk. Her accent did take me a while to get used too and I did judge that she was stuck up. But the more videos you watch (I persevered at first as I like solo adult trips) my opinion changed and she did seem more down to earth. Did not know about her mum or dad tbh so she has done a good job of keeping her private life offline

I did meet a lot like her in uni. Solid upper middle class background, came from a lovely posh area, parents helping out financially but not so loaded that they’ll never have to work. They are absolutely expected to get a good job and earn their own salary. A lot of them were completely sound and down to earth and not at all snobby. It was a complete culture shock for me to meet people like that but they seemed very aware that people like me existed if that makes sense lol! The other type of “posh” person the “posh t**t” didn’t do a tap and expected daddy to get them a job in politics or finance based on his connections and many of us are now represented by these people who have never done a days work! And then you had the snobby ahole who wasn’t even that rich, more middle class but got everything from daddy and looked down their nose at every job. They wouldn’t even take a highly paid job that they were unqualified for because they and their parents thought they were too good for work!

You meet all kinds but I try to take people are face value and not judge them based on where they come from. Some well off people are lovely and some working class people are complete snobby plonkers!!

She’s probably the only posh person I can tolerate. Apart from Joanna Lumley actually hahahahaha. Compared to the chavs in the disney community, she’s the Queen lol

• Heart