Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am allowed to disagree with what she said while also feeling uncomfortable about 'cancel culture'. It just doesn't sit right with me that one person is being subjected to a barrage of abuse because of something that was posted 7 years ago. I don't know why she didn't delete it, she should have (which I've already said.) She shouldn't have even posted it in the first place. And I'm not saying she's pregnant as an excuse, I'm just saying I think people should bare that in mind when they're petitioning for her to be 'cancelled', as being pregnant is tough enough on your MH.
With all due respect, but speaking as a mixed race person: enough with the “aww poor white woman is preggo” thing. She’ll live. Her hurt feelings aren’t above the feelings of chinese followers who could have come across that post when reading her archives (like I did). Who cares if she wrote it 7 years ago? Time doesn’t make the slur sting less and her unwillingness to remove it was telling.

This discussion needs to take place and she needs to learn that crappy behaviour has consequences. The problem with Hannah is her massive ego/arrogance, that do not match her talents or efforts. She’s been asked countless times (including by me) to edit or delete that post and reflect on the meaning of that word. What did she do? She shrugged, deleted our dms, called us “haters”, maybe blocked us and LEFT. THE. WORD. THERE. Because duck other people’s feelings, right? Hannah Gale is too good to be told what to do! Remember when she used to proudly announce that she “didn’t have the time or energy” to check DMs from her followers and instead focused on family and friends? Family and friends don’t pay your mortgage. Your followers are YOUR PAYCHECK; at least pretend to give a duck. Funny how as soon as The Big Fish started clocking up on her bullshit and threatening her brand she’s suddenly “caring” about what we, The Worthless Nobodies, think. Hypocrite.

Her “woke” stances are fake and performative. She’s only “body positive” because it brings on the followers/clout with brands and eases the guilt of living off cheese. And now she’s only saying anything about BLM because EVERYONE IS and also calling out the influencers who stay silent. She wrote it because she felt forced to, and 100% resented every letter of whatever empty platitude she dribbled onto that wall of text that I didn’t even bother to read. She asked for sympathy after Brexit, claiming her immigrant/polish roots, but turned her backside towards people asking the same of her.

She doesn’t get a pass from me. After years of raking it in for minimal effort she started to think she was quite something. She’s nothing but a privileged but ignorant white woman with an awful personality, and it’s time something would bring her down a notch. Unfortunately I don’t think she’ll learn much from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 98
With all due respect, but speaking as a mixed race person: enough with the “aww poor white woman is preggo” thing. She’ll live. Her hurt feelings aren’t above the feelings of chinese followers who could have come across that post when reading her archives (like I did). Who cares if she wrote it 7 years ago? Time doesn’t make the slur sting less and her unwillingness to remove it was telling.

This discussion needs to take place and she needs to learn that crappy behaviour has consequences. The problem with Hannah is her massive ego/arrogance, that do not match her talents or efforts. She’s been asked countless times (including by me) to edit or delete that post and reflect on the meaning of that word. What did she do? She shrugged, deleted our dms, called us “haters”, maybe blocked us and LEFT. THE. WORD. THERE. Because duck other people’s feelings, right? Hannah Gale is too good to be told what to do! Remember when she used to proudly announce that she “didn’t have the time or energy” to check DMs from her followers and instead focused on family and friends? Family and friends don’t pay your mortgage. Your followers are YOUR PAYCHECK; at least pretend to give a duck. Funny how as soon as The Big Fish started clocking up on her bullshit and threatening her brand she’s suddenly “caring” about what we, The Worthless Nobodies, think. Hypocrite.

Her “woke” stances are fake and performative. She’s only “body positive” because it brings on the followers/clout with brands and eases the guilt of living off cheese. And now she’s only saying anything about BLM because EVERYONE IS and also calling out the influencers who stay silent. She wrote it because she felt forced to, and 100% resented every letter of whatever empty platitude she dribbled onto that wall of text that I didn’t even bother to read. She asked for sympathy after Brexit, claiming her immigrant/polish roots, but turned her backside towards people asking the same of her.

She doesn’t get a pass from me. After years of raking it in for minimal effort she started to think she was quite something. She’s nothing but a privileged but ignorant white woman with an awful personality, and it’s time something would bring her down a notch. Unfortunately I don’t think she’ll learn much from this.
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE AT THE BACK

Reactions: 18

This is why “influencer” culture is so toxic. It’s so performative and disingenuous - all they’re doing is scrambling over each other to appear as the most “woke” whilst plugging themselves as a brand.

Reactions: 15
What I find ridiculous is the amount of mutual follows I have with her who are all posting about blm but she’s getting a pass on not fixing this for years? I guess it’s ok to be racist towards Asians now?!

Reactions: 1
We are all sharing the same opinion so surely her followers or people not on tattle must agree/see this too?!
People make mistakes & can learn from them but has she?? Cancel culture is bad but racism is obviously far worse. Whatever her reasons for saying it were back then, she’s had SEVEN YEARS to realise her mistake. And as you’ve all pointed out, people have been asking her to remove this for MONTHS. Why on today of all days does she finally address it?!
I really believe we should embrace those who apologise and we need to educate to help stop tit like this, but I just don’t believe her apology at all.

Reactions: 2
What I find ridiculous is the amount of mutual follows I have with her who are all posting about blm but she’s getting a pass on not fixing this for years? I guess it’s ok to be racist towards Asians now?!
I don’t get why they aren’t calling her out publicity and are just making vague statements about it

I really agree with this,
It’s so weird how racism about Asians is often viewed as not as bad when in reality it’s clearly just as bad! People keeps excusing her and it must feel crappy to see that if you are Asian

Reactions: 9
I also thought her wording on reading CB’s book was... weird and kind of telling. “Forcing myself to find time to read this” sounds like it’s a struggle to get the time to read, like her followers don’t see how many books she’s usually able to get through in a week 🙄

Reactions: 9
She’s only apologising now because ‘high profile’ bloggers have called her out and there’s an actual threat that she might lose money/sponsorships. She doesn’t care at all. She’s just scared she will lose out. Bet she uses that phrase at home all the time.
Yeh for me what is so weird is none of her friends, the infamous bf or any of her family would say anything, does this mean they just alll think it’s normal? I am really shocked as I have never heard anyone use this word in real life! For me it seems like something from a racist 1970s tv show or something !

Reactions: 3
^ I agree. I legit didn't even know the slur existed until high school and someone referenced it (and I had to ask what that word meant).

I'm hoping people get the balls to directly call her out on Twitter and more people start unfollowing.

Reactions: 2
I remember people using that word like 15 years ago, but mostly by idiots at school trying to be funny and even then it'd be met with an eye-roll at best.

I can't believe she didn't delete that post sooner. When we were discussing her dad's open Facebook page she managed to get that shut down within, what, a day? But she couldn't edit one word of an old blog post? If she didn't see all the messages about it, or the comments on the actual blog, then that's bad too, like she isn't even reading anything people send?!
She is the worst type of influencer, doesn't care, doesn't engage, does the bare minimum to earn her living.

I must say it gave me absolute joy to see all the dimwits yesterday sharing the black square with zero critical thinking, not stopping to think "have any actual black people asked us to do this?" and getting called out for it 😅.

Reactions: 15
The thing with Hannah is that she's shown no personal growth in the last few years. She moved in with her bOyFriEnD not partner, had a baby with said boyfriend, moved across the country, bought a house and now having baby number 2 but in her head she's still this cool girl who likes a cocktail and a floral frock with sandals.

We've not seen her embrace motherhood, her health, to develop herself as a person at all. She just watches tv/plays games/eats. Even when she travelled she stayed within a block of her hotel or within these all inclusive resorts.

There's so much more she could have shared in terms of content or talked more about her life but she just hides it all but expects everyone to worship how 'fun' and 'cool' she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Obviously anyone who uses slurs is an awful human. But I feel like it takes an extra level of awful to go out of your way to immortalize that kind of language in a frickin blog post. There are tons of racist people who say terrible tit in casual conversation but know when to "hide" it. This isn't an offhand comment or a thoughtless Twitter post (both still terrible). She wrote it down in a blog post that she had to reread and edit before being like "yes, this is something I'm proud of and want all of my followers to see."

Reactions: 19
I can’t believe she’s telling people that it was only brought to her attention yesterday. Wtf?! 1. She wrote the damn blog post in the first place, and even 7 years ago she should have known better. 2. I’m pretty sure several people have messaged her about this, even weeks ago. And she’s also failing to mention the comments left on the blogpost bringing this to her attention, which she disabled THIS YEAR. So she didn’t only realise yesterday. She’s disgusting, fake and a liar, and that’s without getting into the fact that she used a slur in a blogpost. This is the same girl who posted that influencers are key workers in the middle of a pandemic. She’s the most lazy, grungy, entitled and selfish influencer on Instagram and she needs calling out on her lies. 🤬

Reactions: 20
I think a lot of the influencers need to do some housekeeping before they start using the BLM campaign as a performative platform. I mean, this was just a cursory dig into another much beloved white influencer's Twitter history yesterday. Christ knows how many more there are.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I think a lot of the influencers need to do some housekeeping before they start using the BLM campaign as a performative platform. I mean, this was just a cursory dig into another much beloved white influencer's Twitter history yesterday. Christ knows how many more there are.
I’ve never heard of this woman but Jesus Christ...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.