Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a real c-unit
Getting called out for YEARS over the use of that term but waits until she can make it a positive to apologise. Oh I'm educating myself... duck off.

Reactions: 7
I’m irrationally annoyed that she wrote “must of felt to read”. Jesus Christ you’re a writer. Learn grammar!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I think that she needs to apologise on her grid and leave it there rather than some half arsed notes post up for 24 hours maximum 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Can’t believe it’s taken her so long, especially after people have made her aware of it for a while. How old was she in 2013, like 24? It wasn’t like she was a teenager. How she could ever think it was acceptable to say, never mind actually type that word into a blog post is shocking. I might have said some words I had no idea of the meaning when I was about 9 or 10, never to do with race by the way, but 24? Come the duck on. At least she’s publicly apologised but it’s a bit too little too late if you ask me.

Reactions: 8
Has she said shes staying offline until the baby is born? I don't have insta anymore to check..

Reactions: 1
Oh only yesterday?
Pretty sure people have been telling you for years. There is no excuse.
Well done for educating yourself now, but listen to people who have been saying it for years and you have simply blocked them.
I sent her a DM 5 days ago! Asking if she was going to remove her blog post using racist language!!!

Reactions: 8
I've followed Hannah for a while and have been lurking on here for ages but that sorry excuse of a non-apology has finally tipped me over the edge into actually creating an account. "As soon as I saw what I had written" - I mean, you wrote it 7 years ago "hun" and people have called you out on it well before this, you've had plenty of time to go through your old posts to make sure there wasn't anything objectionable or offensive in there. I'm surprised that she didn't at any point go through her post history as her star was starting to rise and she was getting partnerships with bigger brands just to make sure there wasn't anything which might reflect poorly on her - and on the companies she is/was representing.

Reactions: 14
I can't stand Hannah as much as the next person on here but ... She didn't actually post the word today like that tweet heavily implies/says. She has consistently and uniformly ignored all requests to take it down which is pretty heinous. That is a whole different crime in my opinion. That's wanton ignorance in the face of requests to change. But the writer who tweeted is implying Hannah posted it today and people rushing to ask the writer if she is ok implies people believe it was something tossed around blithely today or thrown at someone to hurt this week. What she did is gross but she didnt post about black lives matter then went and used that word in her next Instagram story about getting a takeaway tonight. What's getting lost in the anger is that she ignored people for years to take it down, which I'm not saying is worse or less crappy to do, but it's a different crappy thing to the one the writer is getting at. It's another example of white people not getting the problem at all.

What I'm saying is: if you're going to bring up problematic behaviour in people, bring up the correct scenario it happened in. Or people will think 'as long as I don't point at someone in the street and call them chinky I am not a racist'. Which isn't the point of this Hannah incident, it's that when you're brought to task on past behaviours you listen, learn and do the right thing.

Zoe London faking being horrified on twitter and asking to know who made the comments so she can unfollow in solidarity.....quick check and of course she is still following Hannah. God this whole thing stinks. White bloggers are really exposing themselves during this to be performative & ignorant.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Came on here after seeing her post to find out the scoop, obviously it was from a long time ago but I find it shocking that people have contacted her about it multiple times and it’s been ignored ? She should have deleted it immediately the first time it was brought to her attention.

Came on here after seeing her post to find out the scoop, obviously it was from a long time ago but I find it shocking that people have contacted her about it multiple times and it’s been ignored ? She should have deleted it immediately the first time it was brought to her attention.
I gaurentee she doesn’t feel that bad about it, she will have used language like that with friends and family for a long time!

Reactions: 4
I sent her a DM 5 days ago! Asking if she was going to remove her blog post using racist language!!!
But it was only the little people telling her then. Not the echo chamber which is the influencer world which might reject her just as she becomes increasingly irrelevant anyway!

Reactions: 7
Would be interested to see how many followers she's lost today, if anyone has that info.

Also, didn't someone comment on the actual blog post calling her out? Only made aware of it yesterday, my arse.

Reactions: 1
Had to check here to see what she said after seeing her stories! I unfollowed straightaway - will be interesting to see how many other influencers who are following her, yet putting all the work in to stop this kind of language, will unfollow her.

I have to admit I have probably said things in the past that I wasn’t aware at the time was offensive, I bet we have all had misshaps especially in our younger years....however I can’t believe it took Hannah so long to remove that post when people were pointing it out to her for ages!
Least she could do is address it and apologise
For someone who bangs on about being a great content creator and a great professional, I think saying things like “we all make mistakes” just doesn’t cut it here! She has a public platform - It’s her job to know what and what not to post on the Internet. The fact that she ever felt comfortable using that term in her public, professional Instagram makes you wonder how deep her racism goes in her personal life.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.