Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Performative, tokenistic apology scrupulously timed as most of her peers ie. fellow influencers have adopted ‘black out Tuesday’. Vile.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Given she literally just relaunched her blog, surely you use that time to check through what you still want to have on your blog?! She’s removed it because everyone is currently focusing on racism, but she didn’t when it wasn’t the hot topic among these influencers. That makes it far far worse in my view. Being anti-racist isn’t something you do cos it’s “trendy” FFS

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Oh only yesterday?
Pretty sure people have been telling you for years. There is no excuse.
Well done for educating yourself now, but listen to people who have been saying it for years and you have simply blocked them.
This. Absolutely, this.

Now is completely a time to be listening, learning and acting however we have to actually listen and learn. Not make a show of doing so when the aesthetics suit us or what is good for a personal brand.

There is a wealth of evidence posted here of people trying to reach out to her to ask her to remove this. I find her comment about not responding to unknown or spam-like accounts very odd and missing the point entirely, and I think it actually shows how tone deaf she is about this. It wasn’t like it was unintelligible trolling; people were sharing targeted requests relating to the article. I, like others, just don’t understand why it would be left up under any circumstances - or even posted in the first place.

I want to have compassion for her but that’s really hard when it seems like the way she’s dealt with this has been so underhanded and dishonest.

Reactions: 9
Has she deleted herself off Twitter? Or was she never on there.....? I’ve never known an “influencer” have such a lack of online presence!!! 😂

Reactions: 1
Why is she making out that she only got told about it yesterday??! People have been messaging her for months about it?! 🤬

Reactions: 11
She’s only apologising now because ‘high profile’ bloggers have called her out and there’s an actual threat that she might lose money/sponsorships. She doesn’t care at all. She’s just scared she will lose out. Bet she uses that phrase at home all the time.

Reactions: 10
She just have just said I'm sorry and we can all move on from it. Going to get flamed for this but I do feel bad people are going in on a pregnant woman. I know people don't like her but I just hope the baby isn't catching the stress.
This is rubbish. She was old enough to know the racial connetations of the word AND supposedly a journalist (yeah yeah, we know this is probably a lie). Being pregnant doesn't give her a pass from being called out for her hypocrisy

Reactions: 9
Imagine how many mental health days she’ll need in bed with hundreds of bars of Aldi chocolate and Animal Crossing she’ll need after this kicked off. I bet Chris and Atti won’t be having a fun few days with her as she’ll no doubt take it all out on them

• Haha
This is rubbish. She was old enough to know the racial connetations of the word AND supposedly a journalist (yeah yeah, we know this is probably a lie). Being pregnant doesn't give her a pass from being called out for her hypocrisy
I am allowed to disagree with what she said while also feeling uncomfortable about 'cancel culture'. It just doesn't sit right with me that one person is being subjected to a barrage of abuse because of something that was posted 7 years ago. I don't know why she didn't delete it, she should have (which I've already said.) She shouldn't have even posted it in the first place. And I'm not saying she's pregnant as an excuse, I'm just saying I think people should bare that in mind when they're petitioning for her to be 'cancelled', as being pregnant is tough enough on your MH.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I am allowed to disagree with what she said while also feeling uncomfortable about 'cancel culture'. It just doesn't sit right with me that one person is being subjected to a barrage of abuse because of something that was posted 7 years ago. I don't know why she didn't delete it, she should have (which I've already said.) She shouldn't have even posted it in the first place. And I'm not saying she's pregnant as an excuse, I'm just saying I think people should bare that in mind when they're petitioning for her to be 'cancelled', as being pregnant is tough enough on your MH.
she has been constantly called out for this post, esp in the last few months from all of us, all she did was delete and block, and disable comments on her blog. She was called out on the blog when she first posted it, i don’t give a damn how she feels now because she is a grown up and should have taken responsibility for this post years ago, not just now.
Her bullshit apology is fake as hell and is not needed.
Once again she only apologised because of BLM.

She's a twunt.

But what I really don't get is, (even if she is stupid enough to want to use this word) in this day and age and with people calling her out on it, why didnt she just change it as soon as someone messaged her? Even if it was under the radar, just to stop it blowing up in her face?

She would surely have known that it would upset people, so she either thinks that she is beyond criticism or that it is a word that's fine to use 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14
As other people have said I really don’t get why she isn’t answering people in public and just sending DMs, seems a bit cowardly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.