Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 147025
Well written comment from Jen Allison šŸ‘šŸ»
Really like Jen. You can always tell she has strong values and morals and obviously not afraid to call people out who have an 80k+ following šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» the amount of white bloggers saying we need to have discussions with our children and our families etc and don't want to call out a fellow blogger. Stinks of hypocrisy

Reactions: 10
Really like Jen. You can always tell she has strong values and morals and obviously not afraid to call people out who have an 80k+ following šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» the amount of white bloggers saying we need to have discussions with our children and our families etc and don't want to call out a fellow blogger. Stinks of hypocrisy
I really like her too. She is very level headed and a good ā€œinternet personā€ to follow if anyone doesnā€™t already. Cute kids too šŸ’•

Reactions: 4
I think recent events (covid 19 lockdown, BLM) has really exposed how messed up influencer culture is and I really hope that this will inspire some change in the way influencers conduct themselves online, and start using their platform for more important things than bloody airwick.

Reactions: 23
Looks like ZoeLondon has unfollowed HG on insta! Finally actually putting her money where her mouth is.

Donā€™t know how Hannah will come back from this now. Sheā€™s lost 800 followers now and thereā€™s lots of discussion about her behaviour on Twitter and Instagram today. The worst thing she could have done is disappear for a few days. I bet Chris is now regretting quitting his engineering job so Hannah could be the main breadwinner...

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Also, Vix Meldrew is posting a lot on her Instagram about racism issues but sheā€™s still following Hannah. Sheā€™s always so far up her arse and a massive hypocrite

I would love to think Hannah has taken the last week away from social media to educate herself on matters before coming back next week with a properly heartfelt apology and all the ways sheā€™s going to rectify things and better herself. Iā€™m sure the sad reality is that sheā€™s wallowing in misery in bed and being horrible to Chris and Atti though

Reactions: 6
Hannah knows general followers are fickle, and if she stays silent and away from instagram until the blm news settles ( and lets face it, unfortunately something else will come along and most people will Forget all this) then she can get away with it.

I canā€™t help but get the impression (I am very cynical of influencers lol) that all her fellow white influencers are racing to Hannahā€™s Instagram to post their disdain for her over the whole racism debacle in a bid to be seen as actively calling out racism themselves? I find it so hard to believe that influencers wouldnā€™t do something that is ultimately entirely self-serving and just to make themselves look better and ā€œanti racistā€. I bet before BLM if it had been pointed out to them that Hannah had used such language in a blog post a lot of them would have shrugged their shoulders and almost certainly no one would have called her out on it.

not in defence of Hannah just keen to point out other influencers once again jumping on a band wagon and that latest band wagon is bashing Hannah Gale.

at least we on tattle have always been ahead of the curve in that regard!

I bet if her and Chris can find a way financially for her to not need to be an ā€œinfluencerā€ anymore sheā€™ll just shut her accounts down and disappear. Her heart hasnā€™t been in it for a long time and if she doesnā€™t rectify things very quickly then future brands wonā€™t touch her with a barge pole

Reactions: 8
I bet if her and Chris can find a way financially for her to not need to be an ā€œinfluencerā€ anymore sheā€™ll just shut her accounts down and disappear. Her heart hasnā€™t been in it for a long time and if she doesnā€™t rectify things very quickly then future brands wonā€™t touch her with a barge pole
possibly! I think it is more likely that she is sitting tight and waiting for it to all blow over, I donā€™t think she would give up her ~influencer life~ of doing duck all and getting paid shitloads and gifted freebies very easily.

I remember reading something a few years back from someone whoā€™d asked Hannah to amend something on one of her blog posts, canā€™t remember what it was but it was something thatā€™d offended that person and might of done the same to others. Hannah edited it straight away. So why has this time been so different? I donā€™t get it? Why ignore so many people pointing out a racial slur? Itā€™s like she just thought she knew better than all the ā€œtrollsā€ pointing it out and didnā€™t give a crap until someone once again pointed it out on that IG post about racism. Doesnā€™t give a crap until her hypocrisy is pointed out publicly. Sounds like most influencers.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I remember reading something a few years back from someone whoā€™d asked Hannah to amend something on one of her blog posts, canā€™t remember what it was but it was something thatā€™d offended that person and might of done the same to others. Hannah edited it straight away. So why has this time been so different? I donā€™t get it? Why ignore so many people pointing out a racial slur? Itā€™s like she just thought she knew better than all the ā€œtrollsā€ pointing it out and didnā€™t give a crap until someone once again pointed it out on that IG post about racism. Doesnā€™t give a crap until her hypocrisy is pointed out publicly. Sounds like most influencers.
Completely agree - Iā€™m appalled by the use of the language and baffled at how sheā€™s handled it, given she was clearly aware of the post from the comments from ā€œfaceless trollsā€ sheā€™s been deleting for yonks. How much of the promotion of BLM and support of black authors (e.g. Candice Brathwaite) immediately before the ā€œApologyā€ was about her brand image (Ā£Ā£Ā£) as opposed to genuine concern? I hope sheā€™s taking this time to actually read I Am Not Your Baby Mother.

Just writing to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the comments calling Hannah out on the language she chose to use and the resulting issues arising from it that she chose to ignore. I think Jen Allisonā€™s comment summed it up the best for me. She is someone whoā€™s words I have agreed with the most - for a long time actually now too. I can only imagine how Hannah must be feeling at the moment but herself and a lot of other influencers need to be held accountable for their actions once and for all.

Reactions: 7
I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she disappears until she has baby number two and then she pops back up again, more with a mummy blogger aspect to her blog/insta

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.