Greta Thunberg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I’d be curious to hear them as honestly I’m not sure what I think...

Reactions: 1
From the sound of it I’d say those thoughts were allllll negative 😂 have some balls and say it
My pet hate is anyone who starts a thread with “thoughts!?”
YOU SET UP THE THREAD AT LEAST START IT WITH A THOUGHT 😂😂 Just one.... even a little one 🤷‍♀️

Not just you @bubbletea123 😂 everyone who sends out an invitation to a new thread and you turn up and there’s radio silence 😐

Reactions: 9
At least she’s doing something? Everyone doing nothing could lead to extinction of our species, the planet will recover, it has before. Humans won’t.

Reactions: 34
At least she’s doing something? Everyone doing nothing could lead to extinction of our species, the planet will recover, it has before. Humans won’t.
I don’t have a problem with her she’s a young kid trying to help the planet. I mean if she inspires other kids her age to be more aware of this stuff then that can only be a good thing right.

Reactions: 13
Right. Well.

People are saying how amazing it is that someone so young is raising awareness and while it is, BOTH of her parents are very famous celebrities in Sweden. SO she hasn't just gotten lucky and I don't know if people realise that.

Greta isn't just the daughter of normal parents who went to school, sat outside and protested by herself and then overnight caught people's attention. I think it is much more orchestrated. Her parents are incredibly wealthy people. They also support Antifa and have raised money for them. Antifa in my mind are not a great organisation. They are quite extreme in terms of left-wing.

You know pushy parents for stage kids? I wonder if her parents have been like this with Greta. Living their idea through her.

Greta also has a history of MH problems, ranging from depression (at aged EIGHT), OCD, to an eating disorder. A child doesn't need this kind of pressure. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/this-greta-thunberg-thing-is-child-abuse

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Hmm that sounds like the kind of alt right half truth narrative that gets thrown at any activist with a vaguely left wing image these days. Though I have no idea why climate change should be seen as a left wing issue - but that says a lot about how screwed we are. I’m sure you’ll say it’s not left wing, but when people actively involved in helping start being demonised for their parents supposed links to antifa, it is.
I said I wasn’t sure about her but that was more that she might be a bit of a distraction or under too much pressure etc.
Whether or not her parents fame helped her get into that position, and if they support antifa (who I hear about way more about in these conspiracies than I ever see the actual presence of, in the UK anyway) is pretty irrelevant.

Reactions: 9
Hmm that sounds like the kind of alt right half truth narrative that gets thrown at any activist with a vaguely left wing image these days. Though I have no idea why climate change should be seen as a left wing issue - but that says a lot about how screwed we are. I’m sure you’ll say it’s not left wing, but when people actively involved in helping start being demonised for their parents supposed links to antifa, it is.
I said I wasn’t sure about her but that was more that she might be a bit of a distraction or under too much pressure etc.
Whether or not her parents fame helped her get into that position, and if they support antifa (who I hear about way more about in these conspiracies than I ever see the actual presence of, in the UK anyway) is pretty irrelevant.
Someone as fragile as her though I think doesn't need this pressure.

I am far from alt-right and don't read such media. I read about her parent's history and that is my thoughts on the situation.

Reactions: 7
I don’t know, all the pages I can find that are freaking out about any connection between her and antifa seem to be fairly closely aligned with alt right ideals...

Reactions: 2
Honestly, I think it sucks that a child feels the need to even pursue the path Greta has. She should be enjoying her teenage hood with her friends. Greta and hundreds and thousands of other children and teenagers around the world are marching and protesting because governments and adults aren't doing enough to combat climate change. It's shameful.

Reactions: 18
Honestly, I think it sucks that a child feels the need to even pursue the path Greta has. She should be enjoying her teenage hood with her friends. Greta and hundreds and thousands of other children and teenagers around the world are marching and protesting because governments and adults aren't doing enough to combat climate change. It's shameful.
I think her parents have forced her on it, personally.

No eight year old, gretas age at the time, should have severe depression because they're worrying so much about climate change. This was embedded in her somehow. That wouldnt even cross an eight year olds mind

Reactions: 28
I admire her bravery but I do hope she doesn't crumble under the weight of hatred she seems to be getting from Western rich men.

I think corporations need to help the public change habits for the better. We all now recycle at the kerbside but you hear stories of it getting sent to China to be incinerated, or that councils cannot recycle some types of plastics.

Corporations with the capital funds and technology should change packaging, and recipes (do we really need palm oil in every biscuit?), and the consumers can then recycle at local level knowing that they can actually be processed. A lot of the public are getting better at using metal water bottles and using reusable coffee cups and you are almost the odd one out now if you use a plastic straw. We the public need help from our suppliers, to give us options. The argument that it is all the consumers fault for buying plastic covered food and that demand from customer should change the corps, is flawed. The average person does not have the resource to drive miles and miles to the local farms to buy a few carrots every week, and the population is massive. People need to eat so will buy what is available. The suppliers should drive the change and consumers can then adapt. And how to make the mega corps toe the line? Government policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I admire her bravery but I do hope she doesn't crumble under the weight of hatred she seems to be getting from Western rich men.

I think corporations need to help the public change habits for the better. We all now recycle at the kerbside but you hear stories of it getting sent to China to be incinerated, or that councils cannot recycle some types of plastics.

Corporations with the capital funds and technology should change packaging, and recipes (do we really need palm oil in every biscuit?), and the consumers can then recycle at local level knowing that they can actually be processed. A lot of the public are getting better at using metal water bottles and using reusable coffee cups and you are almost the odd one out now if you use a plastic straw. We the public need help from our suppliers, to give us options. The argument that it is all the consumers fault for buying plastic covered food and that demand from customer should change the corps, is flawed. The average person does not have the resource to drive miles and miles to the local farms to buy a few carrots every week, and the population is massive. People need to eat so will buy what is available. The suppliers should drive the change and consumers can then adapt. And how to make the mega corps toe the line? Government policy.
I'm not sure how it is in the UK but here where I am in Canada , there is easy access to farmers markets to get local produce.

I am from the UK and the one thing I noticed is that the UK uses so much plastic when it comes to produce such as fruit and veg. Over here, most of that stuff is not wrapped in anything. Also, ready meals are less available here than in the UK surprisingly, so much less plastic from that.

Pressure needs to be put on India and China considering much of rhe world's pollution comes from them. Until something with them changes, our efforts will be pretty futile. It is good for us to try and make changes though but they won't be significant enough.

Also I want to add, people better not start saying we shouldn't be using airplanes. Greta was only able to sail to the USA because her parents are very wealthy. There are people I follow online who are panicking about driving to the grocery store and honestly that is ridiculous. You can be conscious but you still have to get on with life and mass hysteria is not it. Unfortunately where I live, public transit isn't great and the city is so widespread that driving is the best option.

Reactions: 7
My thoughts are that she is a puppet, who's pulling her strings I'm not sure but I think this is all a stunt.

When she was interviewed when she arrived in NYC she looked so out of her depth and totally scared.

What parents would allow their child to do what she has been doing unless they were getting paid very well for it??

None of it sits right with me I'm afraid.

Reactions: 28
My thoughts are that she is a puppet, who's pulling her strings I'm not sure but I think this is all a stunt.

When she was interviewed when she arrived in NYC she looked so out of her depth and totally scared.

What parents would allow their child to do what she has been doing unless they were getting paid very well for it??

None of it sits right with me I'm afraid.
Right. I wonder are her parents behind it? I believe they're very friendly with leaders of some green charities.

I have read she is donating all the money but I doubt it.

She looks and sounds going by her mental health record very vulnerable.

Reactions: 8
Right. I wonder are her parents behind it? I believe they're very friendly with leaders of some green charities.

I have read she is donating all the money but I doubt it.

She looks and sounds going by her mental health record very vulnerable.
Yes, someone or some companies are, a 12yr old just doesn't decide all this on her own without parents etc.

People are putting her on a pedestal like it was all her idea I don't think so.... All very orchestrated I think.

Doing something? But what is that something really doing to her?

I think she is one very unhappy confused kid. who needs to step away from all this and be a kid, but as in everything in this world there are people behind her pulling her strings, making big bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8