Greta Thunberg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Greta seems to spend a lot of time on Twitter. Perhaps she should get rid of her phone, tablet or laptop, considering much plastic is made from oil. She should also make sure a well is drilled in her garden to get heat from instead of using gas. Hypocrite. She is all talk and no action. She can talk the talk but not walk the walk. And it seems unless scripted she has no idea what drivel she is meant to say.

Reactions: 4
I was wondering if she still attends school or has a tutor.
Neither going by her, "I should be in school. How dare you" tantrum speech that she threw.

No one is forcing her to not go to school. This kids ego is going to get out of hand.

Reactions: 3
I think Greta is amazing! It blows my mind to think that only a year ago she was striking on her own and now there are millions striking with her in so many countries. Regardless of whether anyone thinks it's orchestrated or not, I think this has probably made the world leaders listen more than ever before. Except Trump of course, but that oompa loompah never listens to anyone. :D

• Heart
I think Greta is amazing! It blows my mind to think that only a year ago she was striking on her own and now there are millions striking with her in so many countries. Regardless of whether anyone thinks it's orchestrated or not, I think this has probably made the world leaders listen more than ever before. Except Trump of course, but that oompa loompah never listens to anyone. :D
She wouldn't be followed by millions if her parents weren't millionaires. It is all a fad until the next person comes along. People love to jump on the bandwagon through social media. What makes me laugh is influencers preaching about straws and plastic but they're flying around the world every week.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The only thing that I would say personally that annoyed me about her was when Trump took "the limelight off her" at the UN speech.

Trump, like it or not, is one of the most important people in the world at the moment (aka president of the USA). Greta is an activist. Yes, climate change is important and we should be doing our bit to save the planet, but she is coming across as very self entitled and dare I say it, a bit pretentious. She comes across like she is better than everyone else when she isn't. 🤷‍♀️

The only thing that I would say personally that annoyed me about her was when Trump took "the limelight off her" at the UN speech.

Trump, like it or not, is one of the most important people in the world at the moment (aka president of the USA). Greta is an activist. Yes, climate change is important and we should be doing our bit to save the planet, but she is coming across as very self entitled and dare I say it, a bit pretentious. She comes across like she is better than everyone else when she isn't. 🤷‍♀️
I think she seems a bit bratty and it will only get worse the more spotlight she has.

I watched the news last night and they had a group of people on talking about Greta's movement. And one lady said, well how much are people willing to sacrifice? Are they all never going to go on a plane, give up their cell phone, laptop, instant pots etc? Things that are made from petroleum that they probably don't realise. It is one thing to preach about climate change, it is another to take action. Greta seems to use her phone very often for Twitter, a product with parts made from oil. Ignorance plays a huge part in this though. SO many products are made somewhat with oil than we realise, clothes, shoes, umbrellas, etc. It is more than just heating the home and flying places. We will all have to go back to living like cavemen if we want zero products with oil which isn't realistic.

I can't stand Trump and think he is awful but of course, he is going to get attention at the UN. I did snigger a bit at his tweet about her and I typically disagree hugely on what he tweets.

Reactions: 2
I don't disagree with the message, but people at the event in Bristol keep saying to drive an electric car as if that will really make a difference. The electric car driving Greta is brand new and has a police convoy.

You have to buy a new car for that, how is the energy for the electric car going to be generated and the country has a huge problem with people driving new cars then getting a new one a few years later. I'm no expert but even the best electric car probably isn't better for emissions than using all the produced cars until they can't be fixed 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I don't disagree with the message, but people at the event in Bristol keep saying to drive an electric car as if that will really make a difference. The electric car driving Greta is brand new and has a police convoy.

You have to buy a new car for that, how is the energy for the electric car going to be generated and the country has a huge problem with people driving new cars then getting a new one a few years later. I'm no expert but even the best electric car probably isn't better for emissions than using all the produced cars until they can't be fixed 🤷‍♀️
It’s going to be chaos in Bristol today and speaking as someone who works in the city centre I’m dreading it

It’s going to be chaos in Bristol today and speaking as someone who works in the city centre I’m dreading it
College green is going to be brown for many months to come.

I think it'll die off by the time people need to leave work, sucks for people that need to travel around there now

Reactions: 1
Out of the loop, but how does a kid skipping school to hold a sign then catapult into the situation we have now? There are lots of people protesting, young people, and decades long campaigns, yet none have received this level of attention and funding, people who have a string of qualifications, yet landed none of these amazing opportunities. I say funding, because surely she is dependent on the good will of others, to meet her basic needs like food and to travel the world, or are her parents helping out massively, if the latter is the case then why are they raising their concerns when they are funding this? How can a kid drop out of school and there not being any consequences? I agree with her message, and she is courageous to travel alone and speak to crowds and authorities at this young age, but something just doesn't seem great, that all this weight and expectation is being put on her, at this age. Seems like it will be a big adjustment to go from this, to then just becoming one of the masses at school or university, having to meet deadlines, else she gets opportunities to prolong her activism which probably seems likely.

Reactions: 5
I know it’s not nice to say you dislike a child but I honestly cannot stand this girl!

Reactions: 6
Right. Well.

People are saying how amazing it is that someone so young is raising awareness and while it is, BOTH of her parents are very famous celebrities in Sweden. SO she hasn't just gotten lucky and I don't know if people realise that.

Greta isn't just the daughter of normal parents who went to school, sat outside and protested by herself and then overnight caught people's attention. I think it is much more orchestrated. Her parents are incredibly wealthy people. They also support Antifa and have raised money for them. Antifa in my mind are not a great organisation. They are quite extreme in terms of left-wing.

You know pushy parents for stage kids? I wonder if her parents have been like this with Greta. Living their idea through her.

Greta also has a history of MH problems, ranging from depression (at aged EIGHT), OCD, to an eating disorder. A child doesn't need this kind of pressure. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/this-greta-thunberg-thing-is-child-abuse
I agree I think her parents have more to do with what she’s doing, but Greta has aspergers and once they find an interest they can go all out and that’s all they think of, it consumes every thought, so she has become very passionate about it. Some children thrive on this kind of pressure

I think she's amazing, she's educated so many people and is inspiring so many too, although it is so sad that she's having to do this.
I find it really petty when people say things like "she didn't just get lucky, her parents are rich" Get lucky?!! She's a climate change activist, not a Hollywood actress.
She has captured the attention of millions of people, and become a spokesperson for her generation.
I didn't watch the clip everyone is saying is embarrassing, but I gather that she wasn't prepared and was therefore unable to answer questions. Yeah, she's a child with Aspergers so being put on the spot like that would be hard. Doesn't mean she's a puppet.
I find the hatred for her really bizarre, I don't get why people are so vicious. The original poster called her a "little witch" seriously?! She's trying to save the planet, why does anyone hate that? So strange.

Imo she can do whatever she wants but don’t come preaching to me, when countries like China are some of the biggest polluters

stopping using straws wont save the planet - she gives speeches but doesn’t work with anyone in positions to make a change

Imo she can do whatever she wants but don’t come preaching to me, when countries like China are some of the biggest polluters

stopping using straws wont save the planet - she gives speeches but doesn’t work with anyone in positions to make a change
They’re the biggest polluters because 1billion plus people live there... that is always going to be inevitable.
If you look per person, the western world is far far worse and small changes by everyone can make a bigger difference than just hammering China. Plastic straws are only a tiny part of this, we all need to be flying less, using public transport more and trying more reusable s/recycling.
Boohoo, Missguided etc need to be banned, the idea that clothes can be manufactured and worn barely anything times before throwing away is an absolute scandal and it is distressing how well these companies are doing - I know the argument is the clothes are cheap, but surely it is better to invest in one piece that will last than loads of pieces of shoddy sweatshop tat just because someone on Love Island is promoting it.

Sorry for the rant, but it really winds me up when people abdicate responsibility for doing anything and say naaaaah it’s China’s responsibility. It isn’t.

They’re the biggest polluters because 1billion plus people live there... that is always going to be inevitable.
If you look per person, the western world is far far worse and small changes by everyone can make a bigger difference than just hammering China. Plastic straws are only a tiny part of this, we all need to be flying less, using public transport more and trying more reusable s/recycling.
Boohoo, Missguided etc need to be banned, the idea that clothes can be manufactured and worn barely anything times before throwing away is an absolute scandal and it is distressing how well these companies are doing - I know the argument is the clothes are cheap, but surely it is better to invest in one piece that will last than loads of pieces of shoddy tat just because someone on Love Island is promoting it.

Sorry for the rant, but it really winds me up when people abdicate responsibility for doing anything and say naaaaah it’s China’s responsibility. It isn’t.
But I own clothes from ‘fast fashion’ that I’ve owned for years because more eco friendly companies don’t cater to my size or shape.
Ultimately countries like China aren’t making the changes needed, and I’m more than entitled to say that, yeah a lot of people live there but that doesn’t mean they can’t make improvements.
I reuse and recycle but if I want to treat myself to a holiday I will, because unlike Greta I work for the privilege of travelling