Greta Thunberg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But I own clothes from ‘fast fashion’ that I’ve owned for years because more eco friendly companies don’t cater to my size or shape.
Ultimately countries like China aren’t making the changes needed, and I’m more than entitled to say that, yeah a lot of people live there but that doesn’t mean they can’t make improvements.
I reuse and recycle but if I want to treat myself to a holiday I will, because unlike Greta I work for the privilege of travelling
No one is saying not to go on holiday. But if you fly loads, maybe consider using a train one time, it’s all about small swaps.
Not really sure why you’re trashing her for getting free travel and not working, that’s a strange thing to resent her for.

Reactions: 2
No one is saying not to go on holiday. But if you fly loads, maybe consider using a train one time, it’s all about small swaps.
Not really sure why you’re trashing her for getting free travel and not working, that’s a strange thing to resent her for.
I don’t resent her, I just don’t understand why it’s ok to shut down cities & cause criminal damage (digging up trinity college grass) in the sake of climate change? Greta, XR, all want things to change but won’t do it in a diplomatic way
greta doesn’t sit with people who can make achange and discuss action plans , she just rants about it. That won’t change anything.
I also don’t see how I can get a train to Spain.

Reactions: 3
Who is going to sit and discuss action plans with a child? Her point is that her age group have no power at the moment except for 'ranting' and protesting so those in charge need to take action themselves.

Who is going to sit and discuss action plans with a child? Her point is that her age group have no power at the moment except for 'ranting' and protesting so those in charge need to take action themselves.
She could push for meetings with MPs / equivalents, but she was taught screaming and shouting would solve it,

Reactions: 4
I don’t resent her, I just don’t understand why it’s ok to shut down cities & cause criminal damage (digging up trinity college grass) in the sake of climate change? Greta, XR, all want things to change but won’t do it in a diplomatic way
greta doesn’t sit with people who can make achange and discuss action plans , she just rants about it. That won’t change anything.
I also don’t see how I can get a train to Spain.
I know someone got a train to Spain this week to avoid flying, it is possible...
She does do her best to sit with people, but when you have Donald Trump in the White House who doesn’t even believe climate change is real, what can you really do apart from ranting about it and making it headline news so everyone starts to talk about it and reconsider their own behaviour? You need to shut down cities and cause inconvenience so that people actually become aware of this before we sleepwalk into climate oblivion.

She could push for meetings with MPs / equivalents, but she was taught screaming and shouting would solve it,
She does? She gives speeches at the UN, Davos Conference? She has lots of meetings promoting the issue, not just screaming and shouting - no idea why you think that. I really would recommend doing more research than just forming an opinion in her based on short sound bites.

Reactions: 4
I know someone got a train to Spain this week to avoid flying, it is possible...
She does do her best to sit with people, but when you have Donald Trump in the White House who doesn’t even believe climate change is real, what can you really do apart from ranting about it and making it headline news so everyone starts to talk about it and reconsider their own behaviour? You need to shut down cities and cause inconvenience so that people actually become aware of this before we sleepwalk into climate oblivion.
Yeah, a train to Spain which would cost more than I earn. Shutting down cities & causing damage governments have to pay for? Isn’t that taking money that could be used for climate change. She isn’t going to reimburse to money lost because her protest made me late to work.
She isn’t a child who wants to world to change, she has a platform because her mother is a singer & her father and grandfather are actors, and this is her turn in the limelight. A petulant child who needs to go back to school or get a job

Reactions: 6
Yeah, a train to Spain which would cost more than I earn. Shutting down cities & causing damage governments have to pay for? Isn’t that taking money that could be used for climate change. She isn’t going to reimburse to money lost because her protest made me late to work.
She isn’t a child who wants to world to change, she has a platform because her mother is a singer & her father and grandfather are actors, and this is her turn in the limelight. A petulant child who needs to go back to school or get a job
I stopped following news about her as it was pissing me off so much. Like you said, she only got the platform she has because her parents are wealthy and famous. She reads from scripts and has no idea what she is talking about when she doesn't have one.

Reactions: 11
I mean this is a fair point, that you can only do what you can reasonably afford. I’m not going to agree with you on Greta though!

She's bleeping annoying. She does my head in.
I've never seen her smile, not once.
She's the most miserable looking kid for someone that has so much time off school and is supposedly passionate about what she's preaching.

She just shouts and accuses yet has absolutely no resolution.
Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon.

Reactions: 9
Not really, no...
City has to replace ruined grass, plants & broken public property. Bristol had a huge patch of public grass ruined by protesters- will now need to be replaced, which costs money. That money they could spend on recycling, public transport etc.
so yes, really

City has to replace ruined grass, plants & broken public property. Bristol had a huge patch of public grass ruined by protesters- will now need to be replaced, which costs money. That money they could spend on recycling, public transport etc.
so yes, really
And how much money is the government currently have to shell out for flooding defences to defend against storms that are increasing in regularity due to man made climate change? Think you’ll find a hell of a lot more than some grass.

Reactions: 2
so yes, really
Could have been spent on recycling, public transport etc. but wouldn’t have been. So no, not really.

Anyway, fundraisers have raised the money to cover the cost of repairs. PLUS, the Council seemed very supportive of the protest; who do you think approved the road closures?

D0DCF78E-08BA-44BD-ADDA-BEE8B7AD6674.jpeg 1234A092-ED61-4A15-8319-B7ED53B07437.jpeg

Last edited:
We’ve all got that one family at school who uses their kid and ‘their idea’ for virtue-signalling. I expect it’s a similar thing with Greta and her parents. One of our eco-warrior parents organised a ‘children’s protest march’ to the town hall 🙄
I mean, cool to Instagram it to hell and make sure everyone sees what you did but, you know, maybe concentrate on not driving your massive 4x4 to school when we all know how tiny the catchment area is and you could most definitely be walking instead 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But I own clothes from ‘fast fashion’ that I’ve owned for years because more eco friendly companies don’t cater to my size or shape.
Ultimately countries like China aren’t making the changes needed, and I’m more than entitled to say that, yeah a lot of people live there but that doesn’t mean they can’t make improvements.
I reuse and recycle but if I want to treat myself to a holiday I will, because unlike Greta I work for the privilege of travelling
I agree with this point- I rarely buy new clothes but when I do they are usually from cheaper stores (even primark 😱) and I keep them for a long time. Surely it would be better to educate and model to children about keeping clothes nice rather than wearing once and throwing away and recycling fabric rather than stopping businesses from selling fashions that people want.

I've noticed she keeps popping up on my i player at the moment. I think it's a film about her life and there's also some new series. I guess she's still going full steam ahead. Had no idea her parents were famous, thought she did start it all on her own LOL. But I never looked into it to be fair. It must be stressful to be so angry all the time, hopefully she's now a bit of a balance now the initial hype has died down.

I've noticed she keeps popping up on my i player at the moment. I think it's a film about her life and there's also some new series. I guess she's still going full steam ahead. Had no idea her parents were famous, thought she did start it all on her own LOL. But I never looked into it to be fair. It must be stressful to be so angry all the time, hopefully she's now a bit of a balance now the initial hype has died down.
Didn't you hear the conspiracy that Greta is behind Covid so that people would stop travelling on planes and driving??? lolol.... just kidding.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Her heart is absolutely in the right place. Her understanding of the issues is probably deeply flawed. She’s undoubtedly a reflection of her parents views and at the moment she’s a lightning rod for both sides and is probably doing her cause as much harm as good.

Reactions: 1