Greta Thunberg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her parents have forced her on it, personally.

No eight year old, gretas age at the time, should have severe depression because they're worrying so much about climate change. This was embedded in her somehow. That wouldnt even cross an eight year olds mind
I don't doubt that her parents are in some way managing the whole thing. I wish she wasn't in the public eye and could have a normal teenagehood.

However, her message is valid. Climate change is a real problem and governments and society aren't doing enough to combat it.

Reactions: 10
The kid seems unstable. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Ya, I think she seems incredibly vulnerable and is being used by powerful people as a front.

As I said above, it is not normal for an EIGHT-year-old child to have severe depression because of climate change. Something/one influenced that. Both she and her sibling have bad OCD. And Greta has had an eating disorder that ended up with her being hospitalized multiple times. Shame on her parents for playing into this absolute circus. Greta isn't a scientist, she is being used as a puppet.

People will forget who she is in a few months time once someone new comes around. Just like how many people have not forgotten about the Parkland kids :(

Reactions: 12
Ya, I think she seems incredibly vulnerable and is being used by powerful people as a front.

As I said above, it is not normal for an EIGHT-year-old child to have severe depression because of climate change. Something/one influenced that. Both she and her sibling have bad OCD. And Greta has had an eating disorder that ended up with her being hospitalized multiple times. Shame on her parents for playing into this absolute circus. Greta isn't a scientist, she is being used as a puppet.

People will forget who she is in a few months time once someone new comes around. Just like how many people have not forgotten about the Parkland kids :(
I meant to say HAVE forgotten about the parkland kids.

I agree with you completely. Her mental health is very worrying. I worry for her and every other child in the public eye (the teenagers who attended Parkland included).

But that doesn't negate that the message she is sending out is true, does it? She is right that climate change is real and that governments aren't doing enough. Or do you disagree?

Reactions: 4
I agree with you completely. Her mental health is very worrying. I worry for her and every other child in the public eye (the teenagers who attended Parkland included).

But that doesn't negate that the message she is sending out is true, does it? She is right that climate change is real and that governments aren't doing enough. Or do you disagree?
Oh, no, I agree that climate change is real. No denying that.

And it is good to start somewhere and educate folk but I'm not comfortable with Greta being put on a pedestal.

The real people that need to be spoken to are China and India, two of the countries that contribute most to the world's pollution, other wise our efforts are futile.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, Greta benefits from having parents who are wealthy and I would guess are also well-connected (media, PR, etc). And yes, she's also very fortunate to have this platform and to have people paying attention to her. She is in a place of privilege and speaking up when it must not be easy for her to do so considering she has Asperger's. She has been successful considering how many indigenous groups who have been speaking out about saving their homeland for years have largely been ignored (we know why that is). Those indigenous groups don't have the privilege or the money backing them to travel and speak about this issue at hand like Greta does. That is certainly not to downplay what Greta is doing at all. I think she's bringing a lot of awareness to climate change which is always a good thing but I'm also a bit skeptical having her be the face of this issue. I really hope this doesn't become a flash in the pan issue and is revisited over and over. Malala Yousafzai is another young activist that comes to mind that had a moment and over the years the media has moved onto other things.

I do agree with her message but I am also cynical that it's already too late and not much can be done. Mega corporations and countries that emit the most pollution are reluctant to do anything as it hurts their bottom line-- money. I'm glad she's drawing attention but I also worry the line of fire she's in. Dissenters are being ableist, making fun of her looks, and dismissing her overall-- as to try to nullfy all the arguments she's bringing up in regards to climate change.

Yes, the Parkland kids have gone off the radar and their momentum has died down quite a bit. A lot of them are in college/university atm. But they also really pushed to get a lot of young voters to vote for the 2018 midterms in the US; which the turnout was an unprecedented high for youth voters. They played a part in that and getting people to see the NRA in an unfavorable light (whose membership is dropping rapidly). So something is still better than nothing but for climate change... I think it's too late and not enough people realize the urgency and exactly what is at stake. Or they're aware but just don't have enough in them at the end of the day to think about how awful our future can be when most people are just barely getting by in their own lives due to wage stagnation, crippling debt, inflation, etc.

Reactions: 7
My friend just said: 'Greta Thunberg reminds me of a Vegan Cat. You know the cat did not get that way making its own choices.'
🤭 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My friend just said: 'Greta Thunberg reminds me of a Vegan Cat. You know the cat did not get that way making its own choices.'
🤭 :ROFLMAO:
Hahahahah. That is such a good description of her.

I just saw Greta has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. I am sorry but that is bleeping ridiculous. She hasn't done anything notable.

In her speech, she went on about how "her dreams and childhood have been stolen." Not really. She still had a pretty good childhood. Look around the world Greta, at kids who are forced into slave labor, etc. She needs to get a grip. It is all so obviously scripted and contrived.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Hahahahah. That is such a good description of her.

I just saw Greta has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. I am sorry but that is bleeping ridiculous. She hasn't done anything notable.

In her speech, she went on about how "her dreams and childhood have been stolen." Not really. She still had a pretty good childhood. Look around the world Greta, at kids who are forced into slave labor, etc. She needs to get a grip. It is all so obviously scripted and contrived.
I totally 100% support her aims and ethos etc but this particular video made me cringe. It seemed staged, it felt like I was watching someone perform. It seemed like acting. And I feel awkward even saying that cos so many people are like "hail greta" and "rich white men dislike her" so I feel odd even saying something against her....esp something about how she comes across . Hope someone gets what I am trying to say here 🙈🙈😂

I totally 100% support her aims and ethos etc but this particular video made me cringe. It seemed staged, it felt like I was watching someone perform. It seemed like acting. And I feel awkward even saying that cos so many people are like "hail greta" and "rich white men dislike her" so I feel odd even saying something against her....esp something about how she comes across . Hope someone gets what I am trying to say here 🙈🙈😂
Oh no, I get it. She is speaking out and that is great but I find her a pain in the arse. The whole part about "I should be in school and because of you my childhood is ruined" pissed me off. Again, if it weren't for her parents, she wouldn't be sailing to the US or have this platform.

Also, just to add, the people that sailed her over to the US FLEW back to Sweden. It is all such smoke and mirrors.

She is a privileged kid with a barrage of mental health problems that I think seems vulnerable and easy for people to manipulate and mold.

Reactions: 10
Not surprised. Everything is so contrived. Granted that English isn't her first language but she manages just fine when prepared and scripted. Also, I thought she HAS been speaking on behalf of "everyone" soooo... This is all going to come crashing down.

Reactions: 3
Wow, this goes to show how everything she says and does is scripted, she obviously wasn't given the answers to the questions, she had no idea how to answer!

Its embarrassing to watch.
She is just someone's puppet. She had no idea what to say. I bet when she gives those speeches she actually has no idea what she is talking about

I think she’s an inspiration and a remarkable young girl. I think it’s so sad that so many people (across the web, media and politicians) are trying to belittle her passion and tenacity because of her age and Aspergers. I’ve learnt things about climate change from her that I wasn’t previously even aware of. I would be proud if she were my daughter. Also those mentioning her age....don’t forget it wasn’t so long ago we were sending 16 year old boys to fight on the front line. Have a read of her posts on FB too if you think she’s just a puppet.

• Heart
I think she’s an inspiration and a remarkable young girl. I think it’s so sad that so many people (across the web, media and politicians) are trying to belittle her passion and tenacity because of her age and Aspergers. I’ve learnt things about climate change from her that I wasn’t previously even aware of. I would be proud if she were my daughter. Also those mentioning her age....don’t forget it wasn’t so long ago we were sending 16 year old boys to fight on the front line. Have a read of her posts on FB too if you think she’s just a puppet.
I've read her Twitter posts and they too seem incredibly scripted and written by a PR. Her fb posts are much less calculated and what a 16 year old would post.

Reactions: 2
I just cannot believe this is all her doing, there is no way someone her age, didn't she start at 8yrs? Can talk like she does, I think the video is proof of that, she is told what to say when.

Her parents should be ashamed to let her be used in this way it's child abuse.

I just cannot believe this is all her doing, there is no way someone her age, didn't she start at 8yrs? Can talk like she does, I think the video is proof of that, she is told what to say when.

Her parents should be ashamed to let her be used in this way it's child abuse.
You are correct. At eight years old, Greta had severe depression because of her worries about climate change. So, that was way back in 2011. Sorry, that is fucked up. An eight-year-old should not be worrying about those kinds of things. She says her "childhood was stolen" from her. Perhaps she should look around at who raised her as a kid and caused her such anxiety. Kids brains are like sponges so anything being said at home, they will absorb. She said her parents weren't for climate change until she brought it up and that her mother, a famous opera singer, stopped traveling (apparently) because of what Greta said. I am sorry, even if your child means well, you should never put your career on hold because of something they said. A child is a child and should not hold that much power in the household.

She is vulnerable and being completely exploited. Anybody who believes that the speeches are really Greta's words is gullible. I'm not saying I don't believe that she is for climate change BUT I do think she is being fed information and told what to say when, as she clearly had no clue what she was talking about in the press conference.

• Heart