Greggs bakery

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure Greggs used to have more choie than they do now.
I love the Tuna Crunch baguette! I used to love this doughnut but haven't seen it in years:

https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

I used to love the prawn Mayo baguette and the vegetable pastie but they don’t make either any more. Not keen on cakes etc as not got a sweet tooth and the cheese scones are awful

Reactions: 1
I love the Tuna Crunch baguette! I used to love this doughnut but haven't seen it in years:

The pandemic might have slimmed their menu down a bit. I always remember there was more sweet stuff to choose from before

Reactions: 2
I used to love the prawn Mayo baguette and the vegetable pastie but they don’t make either any more. Not keen on cakes etc as not got a sweet tooth and the cheese scones are awful
Yes I loved the prawn baguette too. I assume they now have a limited menu due to the pandemic like a lot of other places and that’s why they stopped it, but they still seem to do the tuna one.

Went in for a vegan sausage, bean and cheese melt the other day and had a browse and there was no space for the normal version - sorry guys😬😬

Went in for a vegan sausage, bean and cheese melt the other day and had a browse and there was no space for the normal version - sorry guys😬😬
I think it’s linked to shortages, I saw some posts of people kicking off thinking they had been removed, and Greggs confirmed it was due to shortages 😂

Gregg's do need to sort out the temperature of baked items. For me it is definitely a big negative of the chain.

For example, if you are lucky you may get a hot pasty fresh from the oven. Otherwise you have to make do with a lukewarm, or cold one from the front counter.

I know they don't keep food warm due to the 'pasty tax', although how much more expensive would it be to provide piping hot ones? You can walk into many Sainsbury's and Tesco stores and pick up a piping hot baked item for a reasonable price.

Why not at Gregg's?

Yea I complained to Greggs about how cold everything is from them these days, got a £5 voucher.

I definitely buy a lot less from them than I did a few years ago when they did a better job of having things freshly baked and warm.

Gregg's do need to sort out the temperature of baked items. For me it is definitely a big negative of the chain.

For example, if you are lucky you may get a hot pasty fresh from the oven. Otherwise you have to make do with a lukewarm, or cold one from the front counter.

I know they don't keep food warm due to the 'pasty tax', although how much more expensive would it be to provide piping hot ones? You can walk into many Sainsbury's and Tesco stores and pick up a piping hot baked item for a reasonable price.

Why not at Gregg's?
You can ask for anything to be warmed up if you want?

Why not at Gregg's?
I must be a weirdo cos I hate when I go to greggs and get something which is piping hot, I think they taste better lukewarm 😂

If you like Greggs then you really should try out PoundBakery. Similar to Greggs but everything is a £1 and there seems to be a lot more choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I always thought that Greggs stopped serving breakfast items at midday. I was disappointed to visit a branch last weekend, only to discover it is 11am they stopped serving breakfast.

I wasn't sure, as I usually tend to do Wetherspoons for breakfast.

I missed out on one of their bacon rolls by a mere 10 minutes. :(

If you like Greggs then you really should try out PoundBakery. Similar to Greggs but everything is a £1 and there seems to be a lot more choice.
Unfortunately Pound Bakery are primarily based up north at present. No branches for us in the south.

They also sell their product in iceland. The cheese and onion bakes are on sale for £1.

They also sell their product in iceland. The cheese and onion bakes are on sale for £1.
There's a popular local bakery in my area called Copland's which is like Greggs. It was founded in Scarborough and has a few stores around the area into Brid and Hull and so on... they also sell their frozen items in Iceland now

My question is... do they sell them in all Iceland's or just the areas that have a Cooplands? 😂

There's a popular local bakery in my area called Copland's which is like Greggs. It was founded in Scarborough and has a few stores around the area into Brid and Hull and so on... they also sell their frozen items in Iceland now

My question is... do they sell them in all Iceland's or just the areas that have a Cooplands? 😂
I’ve never seen a Cooplands bakery before but have seen their products in Heron foods. Just the Greggs range in Iceland. I’m in Manchester for reference😊

Here they sell Cooplands stuff in Herons only and its Greggs stuff in Iceland. I bought a pack of 2 cheese bakes the other day. I put one in the oven the next thing it was black ,charred to a cinder so it went in the bin. So I put another in, took it out, then a thousand peppercorns fell right on it, so that had to go in the bin too.

They did!, I once asked whats happened to the cheese salad baguette and was told they had a limited menu due to Covid!

Last edited: