Great British Bake Off 2021 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Crystelle and I wouldn’t mind if she wins (though she needs to chill on the over dramatic facial expressions). I do feel that they built up Jurgen and then were just waiting to watch him fall. It always felt like they held him to a higher standard?

I have some weak tea on Guiseppe! I've been sat on it a while, I'll put it behind a spoiler alert.
Someone I know has spoken face to face with Guiseppe and he no longer lives in the UK, he has moved back to Italy with his family.
I wonder why. Maybe after the pandemic and everything he just wanted to go home.

Anyone know who wins?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Jurgen not getting to the final is more controversial than Laura getting to the final last year

Reactions: 12
I was in central London today and saw a man taking a selfie with someone and I just thought huh, he looks familiar then I realised it was George and then I saw Rahul, Chigs, Crystelle and Amanda all just standing around! I think they were figuring out where to go. Took me by surprise ahh still can’t believe it 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I was in central London today and saw a man taking a selfie with someone and I just thought huh, he looks familiar then I realised it was George and then I saw Rahul, Chigs, Crystelle and Amanda all just standing around! I think they were figuring out where to go. Took me by surprise ahh still can’t believe it 🤣
Giuseppe has just put up a photo of himself and Rahul on his Instagram.

Last edited:
I dislike Paul immensely and want him gone, but I feel like I'm the only one who's never detected anything out of the ordinary about his interactions with the supposedly "young hot" girls on the show? I just don't see it.

If Ruby stood out for the wrong reasons it was because of her constant hand-wringing lip-biting "star baker - who me?" method. I don't see it with Chrystelle either even though he's been nice to her - he was the same "sweet" way with Rahul on his season and I don't think he fancied him.
The favouritism "scandal" was raging in 2013. And then he said this gross thing - https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...i-think-kimberley-s-far-prettier-8881047.html

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
Watched Tuesday's episode last night and I'm still so sad and angry they sent Jurgen home! I knew he was going before even watching bc spoilers but actually seeing his sad expression when all the others got handshakes and he didn't was heartbreaking. He's been consistently exceptional throughout the series but they decided to base their decision on one single bake.

I have a strong feeling Crystelle is going to win it bc Paul's a creep and definitely likes her the most. Seeing next week's trailer and the way she's smiling it seems she's almost certain she's the winner. I'm sorry I hope I don't come across as a hateful witch but I really can't stand her personality. Yes she can bake, though her using the same flavours aka miso and sesame everything doesn't really scream creativity to me. How every bake is emotional or has a story and means a lot to her and her family, being overly surprised and dramatic as if it's the first time she's ever been complimented on a good bake, doing the same designs with buttercream and roses everything. She had a handshake in the signature and little clap in the showstopper and she still had to pull that 'omg poor me it could be me going home face' when they were announcing who's leaving. In my opinion she tries too hard to get the judges and audience sympathy and it looks like it's worked like a charm as she's in the final.

Anyway sad to see Jurgen leave as I would have loved to see him in the final. He was not afraid to try new flavours and combinations like the matcha even though he knew it's not the most preferred flavour. I hope he gets great opportunities after this as he really deserves to be recognised as the great baker he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have a strong feeling Crystelle is going to win it bc Paul's a creep and definitely likes her the most.
It'll be Crystelle or Chigs, despite the fact that of the three remaining, Giuseppe is the best baker, but he's not a 'pretty lady' or 'cheeky chappy' so he's not going to win. I'd like him to, but I can't see it happening.

Reactions: 19
Watched Tuesday's episode last night and I'm still so sad and angry they sent Jurgen home! I knew he was going before even watching bc spoilers but actually seeing his sad expression when all the others got handshakes and he didn't was heartbreaking. He's been consistently exceptional throughout the series but they decided to base their decision on one single bake.
Jurgen was definitely quite hurt and bewildered at not getting that stupid handshake. Definite bullying on Paul's part.
I usually like Noel, but his skipping around Jurgen after that going on about it was ill timed, you could see Jurgen just wanting to be quiet.
(I don't think Noel meant any harm, he probably sees how daft and pompous the handshake ceremony is).
Can't believe how annoyed about it I am still 😂

Reactions: 18
If Crystelle wins I will be rioting
I have got a horrible feeling she will win.
I don't mind her personally, but she simply is not the best baker and should've gone out instead of Lizzie imo. Another unfair decision by Paul. (He decided that her previous body of work should be considered - which has never ever been the rule before - always judged on that week's tasks previously).

Reactions: 18
I have got a horrible feeling she will win.
I don't mind her personally, but she simply is not the best baker and should've gone out instead of Lizzie imo. Another unfair decision by Paul. (He decided that her previous body of work should be considered - which has never ever been the rule before - always judged on that week's tasks previously).
I agree. I think she is a bit OTT and excitable, but she's an ordinary person ( I don't know what she does for a living) who is suddenly on TV, having millions of people judging her on her mannerisms, which may be what she has always been like, but they haven't been shown up on TV before. Its more that she seems far too limited to be the winner, yet she is in the final. She used the same flavour combinations too often, so piped roses far too often, yet that is down to the judging by two professionals who made no mention of her repetitive techniques.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have just been informed that we are going out for dinner tonight… the only positive about Jurgen going out last week is that I no longer care who wins

Reactions: 7
I’ve not been able to join in the threads properly as I was never watching live/+1 because MAFS Australia took priority for the thread on here (😂) so tonight is the first one I’m watching live.
I caught up on last weeks episode yesterday and I was so sad for Jurgen, especially when he didn’t get the handshake ☹
I like all 3 of the finalists but I think I want Guiseppe to win now 😊

• Heart
I’ve not been able to join in the threads properly as I was never watching live/+1 because MAFS Australia took priority for the thread on here (😂) so tonight is the first one I’m watching live.
I caught up on last weeks episode yesterday and I was so sad for Jurgen, especially when he didn’t get the handshake ☹
I like all 3 of the finalists but I think I want Guiseppe to win now 😊
Good to see a fellow MAFSA Tattler 🥰 (although I always left the thread on Tuesdays to watch Bake Off lol) I'm rooting for Guiseppe too. Just making a brew and warming up a huge cinnamon bun in prep for tonights final!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good to see a fellow MAFSA Tattler 🥰 (although I always left the thread on Tuesdays to watch Bake Off lol) I'm rooting for Guiseppe too. Just making a brew and warming up a huge cinnamon bun in prep for tonights final!
You did always leave, I couldn’t bring myself to not watch MAFS live 🤣🤣
My boyfriends not pleased cos he wants to watch the football

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.