Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very true, I really don't understand what she studied at that baking school
from one of her previous videos they don't seem to have taught her what a black forest gateau is. she called it a chocolate cherrry cake if I remember correctly

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought he was called Richard? Rick doesn't seem middle class enough tbh.. surely they would be more of a Rich...(no pun intended)
I think he’s called Christopher, which makes Rick even more random. Maybe it’s his middle name but I doubt it 😂 like you say, not middle class enough.

Reactions: 3
just noticed her stats.. a new era 92k views
month later 50k views
a month ago 40k views
pack for paris 32k views..

dropping like the proverbial stone

also have we covered the Shalom Jackie tagline on her channel.. pretty odd for a Christian

Reactions: 9
month later 50k views
a month ago 40k views

also have we covered the Shalom Jackie tagline on her channel.. pretty odd for a Christian
Presumably that's a Friday Night Dinner reference.

Reactions: 16
sorry no idea what that is
It's a TV show about a Jewish family having Friday night dinner and their weird neighbour Jim being obsessed with the mother Jackie and being extremely reverential about Jewish culture, even if he didn't know anything about it and God fed a load of lies about Judaism. And he's say Shalom a lot, especially to Jackie who he fancied.

It's a really great show if you ever get the chance to see it. Batshit crazy but brilliant.

Reactions: 11
month later 50k views
a month ago 40k views

not her main channel though, she still gets good views there.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
She was going in as a helper to her sister’s school a while back doing reading so Primary makes sense, her mum is a Secondary textiles teacher and Dad was Secondary Art before he was a bigwig so unlikely to have been helping either of them.
Grace wouldn't last five minutes at the school where her dad is now Head, it is rrrrough!

Reactions: 10
Grace wouldn't last five minutes at the school where her dad is now Head, it is rrrrough!
I doubt she'd last any time in any kind of state school, maybe in some kind of private Christian school but even then I doubt she'd cope with the workload

Reactions: 4
I watched the hen do vlog after not watching her for ages (she's picked up at least 3 new irritating phrases she didn't use previously). I just find it so weird that her family/friends gave her a sports-day themed hen do? It just seems like they're desperate to keep her as a little girl until the last possible moment when she's thrust over to this husband and straight into adulthood. Obviously they're not going to go for a massive piss-up with penis balloons, but I thought maybe a spa day would be more appropriate. Even something like one of those adventure parks so she could at least leave the house?!

I don't move in modern Christian circles- what types of hen parties are typical?

Reactions: 17
I watched the hen do vlog after not watching her for ages (she's picked up at least 3 new irritating phrases she didn't use previously). I just find it so weird that her family/friends gave her a sports-day themed hen do? It just seems like they're desperate to keep her as a little girl until the last possible moment when she's thrust over to this husband and straight into adulthood. Obviously they're not going to go for a massive piss-up with penis balloons, but I thought maybe a spa day would be more appropriate. Even something like one of those adventure parks so she could at least leave the house?!

I don't move in modern Christian circles- what types of hen parties are typical?
I would have thought like a really nice afternoon tea or something, or has she done all of those in London already?

Reactions: 18
It was an utterly bizarre hen. When has she ever expressed any interest in sports? It’s about the last thing on earth I would have associated with her tbh

Reactions: 12
I personally would rather hen do's be a fancy afternoon tea or dinner with friends instead of binge drinking/sexual stuff (you do you I just wouldn't attend one like that) but even I thought the sports day theme was weird. Grace loves high tea/ afternoon tea and that would've been a great theme for a non drinking hen do. Imagine setting up a lovely high tea with fancy baked goods and sandwiches, they could've even roped her dad in to being the waiter. Grace would've absolutely goofed off at that. I'm assuming they were working with a small budget so couldn't afford to go out, the sports day was just weird though.

I remember she mentioned when she was studying about wanting to go into food product development or something but she never made any effort to do so
I remember just after she graduated her channel was doing really well and she mentioned in a video that she was going to take a “gap year” almost and focus on her channel before looking for jobs/starting a career in product development. I think then the pandemic happened and jobs probably were few and far between in the industry as well as her becoming very comfortable at home and that’s why she’s never done anything in her industry

Reactions: 8
I personally would rather hen do's be a fancy afternoon tea or dinner with friends instead of binge drinking/sexual stuff (you do you I just wouldn't attend one like that) but even I thought the sports day theme was weird. Grace loves high tea/ afternoon tea and that would've been a great theme for a non drinking hen do. Imagine setting up a lovely high tea with fancy baked goods and sandwiches, they could've even roped her dad in to being the waiter. Grace would've absolutely goofed off at that. I'm assuming they were working with a small budget so couldn't afford to go out, the sports day was just weird though.
also there's so many other activities that could have been fun and more Grace appropriate - could have had a pottery painting (or pottery making) workshop with lovely nibbles/canapes etc., could have done a fancy cooking class or chocolate making, could have had a bake off style hen do, fancy afternoon tea (as already mentioned), spa day at a hotel etc. etc.
It just seemed so mismatched to her interests and also super low budget ... which there is nothing wrong with but just didn't seem special enough for a hen do imo.

Reactions: 21
I remember just after she graduated her channel was doing really well and she mentioned in a video that she was going to take a “gap year” almost and focus on her channel before looking for jobs/starting a career in product development. I think then the pandemic happened and jobs probably were few and far between in the industry as well as her becoming very comfortable at home and that’s why she’s never done anything in her industry
It was around the time she was finishing college when I started following her and she was talking about the gap year. But at around the same time she started to get a lot more popular and she now makes far more than she ever would in most jobs she would be qualified for and for a lot less effort. It makes financial sense for her not to have pursued other work. Because she can pick her hours and it isn't a high workload she knows she can keep it up a bit even when she's married with kids. She can basically be a stay-at-home mum but also make money at the same time. That must be a very attractive prospect.

I didn't see Taz in the hen video, I thought they were good friends but I think they may have drifted a bit since Grace has been seeing her fiance. I think that's a shame, Taz was her one non-Christian friend that I'd heard of.

Reactions: 6
I don't see any issues with her hen do being low budget though? It's their own choice, not everybody wants an expensive hen do, which is totally fine imo.
I do think it would have been nice to take her out somewhere. It would have been nice if everybody cooked/baked something nice with some delicious drinks and they all went out to a park for nice picnic for example. That is still cheap but also a lot of fun. They could have still made it very special, with making/doing something touching. It doesn't have to be big in order to be special.
Or even at home, there are still many things you can do to make it special. Like someone else said here, painting, making something with air dry clay. There are many fun/cute DIY things you can do together that would suit her a lot more?
But I do hope she can look back on it happily, after all, if she was happy and liked it then that's all that matters

Reactions: 7
Nothing to do with budget for me, I don't even understand hen do's and won't bother personally. Spend as much or as little as you want, no issue at all. I just think it was a weird activity for her. Like you say she clearly enjoyed it so they obviously didn't get it that wrong, just a peculiar choice when there's so much out there we could all picture her loving.

Reactions: 13
She's very sheltered.
Not surprising that it was an afternoon kiddie style do in her parents' backyard.
Couldn't see her on a sesh over in Soho.

She's gonna freak out on her wedding night.

• Haha
She’s such a lazy cheapskate with her videos these days. She says her followers asked her to review online ordered wedding cakes and she essentially get flavoured tasting cupcakes? You literally have one singular job, do it properly 🙄

She’s still begging a honeymoon and wedding cake in that video too, it’s just so tasteless. Ask your parents who are forcing you into marriage with a stranger to spare some of their combined £120k pa of income

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.