Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think actually people her age must do? not a lot maybe, but even without lockdown etc, surely a lot of early 20s work in supermarkets/in labouring etc jobs?
I can only speak from my experience but like I said most of my friends are students and/or unemployed or on furlough at the moment. Hospitality was a huge area of work for loads of young people in particular so it was more late nights and lie-ins (after working late) than getting up early even before covid. I genuinely don't know anyone my age (I'm 21) working a job where they have to get up/leave the house early currently. Like I said though, just my experience there obviously is some

Reactions: 5
I can only speak from my experience but like I said most of my friends are students and/or unemployed or on furlough at the moment. Hospitality was a huge area of work for loads of young people in particular so it was more late nights and lie-ins (after working late) than getting up early even before covid. I genuinely don't know anyone my age (I'm 21) working a job where they have to get up/leave the house early currently. Like I said though, just my experience there obviously is some
ah okay true, sorry i am in early 30s so totally out of touch!

I think that’s the thing, there’s nothing that odd about not waking up at 5:30am (or just early) or about going to bed at 10pm but I think very few people of that age group (or most adult age groups honestly) fit into both categories as Grace seems to claim to generally, not just during lockdown.

I think she does these challenges because its something new for her, not because she thinks its the most out of the ordinary thing to wake up at half 5 in the morning. Its the same as doing a week on plant based or something, its not say that she invented it, its just documenting an interesting change in routine.

Reactions: 34
I think she does these challenges because its something new for her, not because she thinks its the most out of the ordinary thing to wake up at half 5 in the morning. Its the same as doing a week on plant based or something, its not say that she invented it, its just documenting an interesting change in routine.
Yeah exactly! I personally do find it interesting to watch because I never get up that early and never would unless I had to for work. So I'd rather watch Grace do it and tell me what it's like so I don't have to put the effort in and try for myself lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Before lockdown I got up at 5am for work, my partner still gets up at 4.30am for work. Grace doing a video on her waking up early when she doesn't need to is about creating content, just the same as when she does videos about eating a certain diet. It's just a video of her doing something she doesn't normally do. It isn't her saying that no one else does it or not acknowledging her privilege.

Reactions: 24
Mostly I’m just jealous she seems to get 9 hours of sleep regularly 😂 I would kill (not literally) for that much sleep!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love Grace. I do. But I’m finding unless it’s an ‘eating like....’ video etc - I’m just switching off. It’s repetitive as f. Macha something, bake something, Honor something, sanny pads honouree mention for the second time in a month (never mentioned it. Ever. Before then) as an excuse for going to the supermarket.

I really, really love Grace. Since day 1. But I feel the bigger she’s getting- the more she’s struggling with content. I know it’s lockdown etc.But. Yeah.

Reactions: 18
I love Grace. I do. But I’m finding unless it’s an ‘eating like....’ video etc - I’m just switching off. It’s repetitive as f. Macha something, bake something, Honor something, sanny pads honouree mention for the second time in a month (never mentioned it. Ever. Before then) as an excuse for going to the supermarket.

I really, really love Grace. Since day 1. But I feel the bigger she’s getting- the more she’s struggling with content. I know it’s lockdown etc.But. Yeah.
I think she's kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place since her content was always pretty niche to begin with. With the pandemic the ways she would've potentially diversified her content (maybe more travelling and trying to overcome her homesickness more) have been limited so she can't explore that side of her content too much. It's the struggle with a lot of youtubers within their certain niches that eventually videos get very repetitive if they don't change it up. If I think about my daily life there's not much I could film that would be different day to day.

I think quite a few people put on her videos as sort of a comforting background noise/filler so they potentially don't notice the repetitiveness as much, since those videos are what people are encouraging her to post the most. I think including Honor so much might also be due to the fact that her family mostly don't want to be on camera and she's not seeing anyone else other than her family (mostly) nowadays so including Honor kind of replaces that/fills the gap

Reactions: 15

I'm not sure if she is struggling for content, but I think the issue is that her content has always been somewhat repetitive because she's just filming her life, which mainly includes cooking or running errands. Personally I like repetitive content becuase I mainly watch while doing other stuff, but I can see how it won't be good in the longrun for viewer retainment

Reactions: 9
I suppose baking is her niche though like how some YouTubers feature fashion/makeup in every video hers is food and baking. I'm sat doing nothing most days (unemployed life lol) struggling to find things to do so I can imagine the pressure when shes also got an audience to entertain. There really is only so many content ideas whilst we're in lockdown I'm finding every influencer I follow getting repetitive at the moment. I guess it's their job to be creative and think outside the box but I feel like most people they're just trying to get through it and out the other side

Reactions: 6
I've never brought something from an 'influencer' but the tree thing actually got me and I done one for my baby 😂

Reactions: 1
I also thought it was weird she mentioned going to the shop for sanitary pads AGAIN, sounded like she was just saying it so nobody could say anything about the amount of times she goes to the shop

Reactions: 6
Finding it a bit cringe that she has gone from never doing any ads to actively asking brands to sponsor her on stories 🥴

• Wow
Random, but I would love to see her do a baking challenge from Nailed It. She's a great baker, experiments with a lot of recipes, the challenges are designed to be impossible, and I could really see this work out with her general energy of being chill but a little but all over the place.

Despite being an atheist I would really like to see a video where she speaks about church stuff and her beliefs but I suppose some people would find that quite controversial and unsub. She obviously enjoys her involvement in the church so it would be nice to get to know that side of her.

Reactions: 28
I also thought it was weird she mentioned going to the shop for sanitary pads AGAIN, sounded like she was just saying it so nobody could say anything about the amount of times she goes to the shop
She’d had a lot of comments on her veganuary stuff about the amount of times she was going to the shop (plus it was questioned here) so it seems she’s now going to the other extreme and justifying it. I suspect most people would have chosen milk or something as their excuse object, but Grace is Grace 🤣

I thought she was joking about asking the company to sponsor her to be fair.

I love her TikTok recipe videos - I want her to do a nailed it one too, that would be ace!

Reactions: 3
She hasn’t put a single thing up about the current talk about women not feeling safe etc (not sure I can say on here the name of the poor woman). It’s surprised me 😕 it’s so important for influencers to show support and spread awareness.

Reactions: 4
She hasn’t put a single thing up about the current talk about women not feeling safe etc (not sure I can say on here the name of the poor woman). It’s surprised me 😕 it’s so important for influencers to show support and spread awareness.
Oh really, that surprises and saddens me! I thought she would really get behind it, especially as she goes for solo walks.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, I get sick of influencers raising awareness about this and that. Its not like they’re the sole font of all knowledge, they get hauled over the coals for getting things wrong too.

I see nothing wrong with light entertainment without an education/moral slant, in my opinion its needed to balance up all the heavy, scary and depressing media we are fed daily.

• Heart
Reactions: 25