Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t her sister get married like 3 months after getting engaged? I think Grace will be married quickly too.

Reactions: 13
so she'll probs be married within six months and pregnant pretty soon after, assuming that waiting til marriage type means no birth control

also nails painted and new hair cut ... me thinks she had a feeling

Reactions: 15
Everyone defending it because they’ve done it quickly is missing one key thing. Grace is a 25 year old 10 year old. She has the maturity of a bubblegum ice pop. She lives with her parents and doesn’t have a real life job. And she’s going to go from that, to living with a bloke and tending to his every need like a good Christian girl?

I hope it works for her but Jesus take the wheel. Pardon the pun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
so she'll probs be married within six months and pregnant pretty soon after, assuming that waiting til marriage type means no birth control
They're not devout Catholics, they'll be able to use birth control. Neither of her siblings have kids yet.

Reactions: 5
Like many here, I have concerns about how she’ll transition to married life. She seems so naïve and childlike to me. I have no idea what her fiancé is like though, perhaps he is also young at heart. I wonder if he’s impressed with the fact that she’s a former model (something that also seems crazy when you look at what she’s like now. Talk about different worlds!)

Reactions: 10
Everyone defending it because they’ve done it quickly is missing one key thing. Grace is a 25 year old 10 year old. She has the maturity of a bubblegum ice pop. She lives with her parents and doesn’t have a real life job. And she’s going to go from that, to living with a bloke and tending to his every need like a good Christian girl?

I hope it works for her but Jesus take the wheel. Pardon the pun.
THIS!! She has the maturity of about a 14/15 year old. No concept of the 'real world' at all and all the adult issues that come with it

Reactions: 11
With the first guy who’s laid eyes on her?? I remember her going on and on about being single for yeaaaaars and now that she’s got her first boyfriend ever they’re getting married? This is so baffling to me😭😭😭 She’s so immature and basically going from one family home to a different one without having to put any work in. I’m not a masochist but truly believe everyone has to go thru crappy flatshares and rent being due before they start living comfortably to gain some emotional and financial maturity. This has me abso screaming

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Wait, she is 25?!? My god...

I can't believe she was a model, if an industry make you grow up and mature quickly it's the modeling industry.

Reactions: 1
I'm a big believer in living with someone before you get engaged. Hope it all works out for them in the end, though.

just imagined what my life would be like if I married my first boyfriend and now I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep tonight

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Some of you lot haven’t met many religious people and it shows lol.
The vast majority of muslim girls I know (bar those who went to uni in a different area to where they lives) got married to a guy whilst still living with their parents and had never moved out before that. It’s also common for the couple to only really spend time with each other in group / family settings until they get married.
I’m not shocked in the slightest that she’s now engaged to the guy tbh.

Reactions: 18
Watched the vlog, she seems to have regressed to a pre-teen. Scary bananas? duck's sake.

If you're a dude who's marrying a 25 year old woman and arranging her teddies before she goes to sleep, I have some questions for you.

Yuck.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Imaging living with your parents and never had a boyfriend… a year later living with your parents and getting married?! Idk

Reactions: 3
I used to be Christian and it's so so typical to have a very quick engagement in order to move in together. It's pushed upon them and it's expected though never admitted. In the short 2 years I was in a church I witnessed 10 teenage couples get married. They were forced to do youth marriage courses, egged on to have quick cheap weddings, offered rental houses from older couples in the church and only 3 of those couples are still together. 2 were separated/divorced before they were 21!

I really hope it doesn't come crashing down for grace! She's very childish and has a heck of a lot of growing up to do!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Some of you lot haven’t met many religious people and it shows lol.
The vast majority of muslim girls I know (bar those who went to uni in a different area to where they lives) got married to a guy whilst still living with their parents and had never moved out before that. It’s also common for the couple to only really spend time with each other in group / family settings until they get married.
I’m not shocked in the slightest that she’s now engaged to the guy tbh.
We aren’t shocked. Pretty much everyone here knew it would happen. We just think it’s bleeping batshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Honestly this is like a 16 year old getting engaged , Grace has been frozen in time . I honestly believe if you don’t move out of home you don’t age beyond 16-18 !

I was with my husband when I was 25 and we did live together , so if he had proposed then it would’ve been fine . But we’d been together for 4 years at that point , were renting our first flat and even owned a cat together . We had a joint savings account , were saving for a house … it’s not about grace’s age it’s about her maturity level

it’s wild to me that people can get engaged without living together . Marriage is , sadly , about more than love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.