Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said in a TikTok that they were very unhappy with her about it. She needs to realise that if she wants to do these kinds of things she’d be so much better off in her own place, her poor parents are pretty much empty nesters who both work very stressful teaching jobs and have been parenting for nearly 30 years, they probably hoped to have a nice quiet life by now with having three adult children rather than it being Grace’s chaos studio where she plays on TikTok all day, makes them react to her cooking every five mines and destroys their stuff.
I mean, her parents can be mad all they want but... It's pretty much their own fault. They've enabled her her whole life to be all childish and immature and they've clearly coddled her for it. You reap what you sow in life.

Reactions: 18
I just wonder how much of the 'adult responsibility' she takes on. I moved back home but I work full time so I contribute to my parents financially, as well as doing the odd jobs around the house like cleaning and cooking dinner. I just can't imagine Grace doing those things because it's a nice thing to do, I can only imagine her doing those things out of desire for TikTok content or because she's asked to. I feel like she used to seem so considerate a few years ago when she would do random nice stuff for her family but I don't get that vibe any more.

Reactions: 9
Could you imagine if she did that in a rented property and had to go to her landlord to say what she had done. She’s so out of touch with the real world and being an actual adult. She lives in this little bubble of her family home which is keeping her childlike. Some adults act like adults when they are still living with parents and others don’t seem to grow up and act their proper age when they are still living at home and Grace is one of the latter.

Reactions: 12
Could you imagine if she did that in a rented property and had to go to her landlord to say what she had done. She’s so out of touch with the real world and being an actual adult. She lives in this little bubble of her family home which is keeping her childlike. Some adults act like adults when they are still living with parents and others don’t seem to grow up and act their proper age when they are still living at home and Grace is one of the latter.
yeh I came here to say that, it would have been so much worse if she was in a rented place

Reactions: 2
She really needs to get her own place and enter the real world. She’s starting become stunted living like this.

Reactions: 8
She really needs to get her own place and enter the real world. She’s starting become stunted living like this.
I wonder if, after the bath incident, her parents are saying the same, Iknow I would be

Reactions: 4
I wonder if, after the bath incident, her parents are saying the same, Iknow I would be
Im sure it wasn’t exactly their hope for her life that she’d abandon all her aspirations to dance around her parents house making tiktoks, trying caterpillar cakes and orgasming over Christmas all year round

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Im sure it wasn’t exactly their hope for her life that she’d abandon all her aspirations to dance around her parents house making tiktoks, trying caterpillar cakes and orgasming over Christmas all year round
Especially seeing as she literally has a degree in baking, she should be working at a bakery and gaining some real experience, unfortunately she's taking the easy way but there's no way she's going to be making tiktoks and 1000 supermarket runs and christmas related vlogs for the next 40 years.

Reactions: 6
But I kind of get it, it's hard to step away from that kind of money for doing so little.

Reactions: 2
But I kind of get it, it's hard to step away from that kind of money for doing so little.
but thtere is SO much work and money in hospitality atm, in london salaries are going up and up all the time, the more she leaves it doing nothing.... and she has done nothing to build her CV, her videos aren't any better, her cooking isn't anyt better... is she so short sighted to think this will last forever?

Reactions: 3
but thtere is SO much work and money in hospitality atm, in london salaries are going up and up all the time, the more she leaves it doing nothing.... and she has done nothing to build her CV, her videos aren't any better, her cooking isn't anyt better... is she so short sighted to think this will last forever?
I think she's trying take all she can get, maybe save the money so she can buy a house when she gets married

I do think she has some interesting ideas for videos - the Grackle tries series was really good, and I think the 24 Hours In series is quite good easy travel content. I just think she needs to lean in on her good ideas rather than going 'Oh I can't make another video this week so I'll do a 24 hour challenge'

I do think she has some interesting ideas for videos - the Grackle tries series was really good, and I think the 24 Hours In series is quite good easy travel content. I just think she needs to lean in on her good ideas rather than going 'Oh I can't make another video this week so I'll do a 24 hour challenge'
Wasn't the graceless tries only about 3 episodes in the end though? The vast majority of her content revolves around supermarkets at this point

Reactions: 4
For me it’s not even the type of videos she films, it’s the lack of effort and poor quality

Maybe it’s just my personal pet peeve but her walking around with chocolate on her face after having ice cream just made me die inside.
I’m suuuuuper paranoid and keep a mirror and tissue on me for exactly this reason, I actually don’t think I’ve ever had something on my face but seeing that just urghhhh gave me the boak..

Reactions: 13
Maybe it’s just my personal pet peeve but her walking around with chocolate on her face after having ice cream just made me die inside.
I’m suuuuuper paranoid and keep a mirror and tissue on me for exactly this reason, I actually don’t think I’ve ever had something on my face but seeing that just urghhhh gave me the boak..
Every day I’m more and more convinced she is actually 10 years old

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree, I thought it was nice they seemed close a few years ago but it really seems like she is outstaying her welcome. She’ll have enough money to go rent somewhere, she should go rent somewhere with Honor.
I don't think Grace intends to move out on her own or with friends and will just move in with her partner eventually. Maybe if she hadn't met him she might have thought about moving in with friends but I don't think that's on the cards for her now.

I think she's trying take all she can get, maybe save the money so she can buy a house when she gets married
Yes she is probably saving a lot of money at the moment to buy a house so that if the YouTube money dries up she can be a homemaker/part time YouTuber. If she stays with the boyfriend they will have a house easily and he will make plenty of money as a lawyer.

I understand people saying she should get a hospitality job but I mean when she knows she's making a killing right now and will be set for the future why bother I guess? (I know I'd rather make lots of money for not a whole lot of work than to work hard..)

Last edited:
I don't think Grace intends to move out on her own or with friends and will just move in with her partner eventually. Maybe if she hadn't met him she might have thought about moving in with friends but I don't think that's on the cards for her now.

Yes she is probably saving a lot of money at the moment to buy a house so that if the YouTube money dries up she can be a homemaker/part time YouTuber. If she stays with the boyfriend they will have a house easily and he will make plenty of money as a lawyer.

I understand people saying she should get a hospitality job but I mean when she knows she's making a killing right now and will be set for the future why bother I guess? (I know I'd rather make lots of money for not a whole lot of work than to work hard..)
The problem is though, like a lot of YouTube her content is totally dull without any other focus in her life, regardless of money working elsewhere would let her meet new people and inspire new xontent

Reactions: 3

The issue with this plan is the fact that the only thing on her CV in ten years will be her degree, church and making videos/editing (and she’s not that good at editing), it’s not going to be as cute when she’s 30+ Doing the same things unless she can quickly segue into mommy blogger content. Right now she gets away with being aspirational ‘big sister’ etc to young girls but the older she gets the less relatable it will be. If I was her I would be making sure I have different streams of income, doing some writing and media related side jobs etc so she has some real world hireable experience for when YouTube dries up.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.