Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Realistically other than Zoella who has lucked out, in 5-10 years most of these influencers are fucked. Saying as baking is her passion, it would be a huge waste to do nothing with her degree because while she'll always have it, if she doesn't gain any experience it isn't going to count for much as a backup.

Reactions: 2
Realistically other than Zoella who has lucked out, in 5-10 years most of these influencers are fucked. Saying as baking is her passion, it would be a huge waste to do nothing with her degree because while she'll always have it, if she doesn't gain any experience it isn't going to count for much as a backup.
If I was her I would be doing courses in editing/social media etc, lots of brands need social media experts and if I was her I would be trying to move in that direction

Reactions: 6
The issue with this plan is the fact that the only thing on her CV in ten years will be her degree, church and making videos/editing (and she’s not that good at editing), it’s not going to be as cute when she’s 30+ Doing the same things unless she can quickly segue into mommy blogger content. Right now she gets away with being aspirational ‘big sister’ etc to young girls but the older she gets the less relatable it will be. If I was her I would be making sure I have different streams of income, doing some writing and media related side jobs etc so she has some real world hireable experience for when YouTube dries up.
I think that’s what she plans to do, get married and segue into the good Christian Mum market. Her partner is apparently a lawyer, right? I can see her as a stay at home mum running playgroups etc at the church so easily, I think she’d love it too.

Reactions: 3
For someone who like recipe development I wonder why she doesn't work on baking book?

For someone who like recipe development I wonder why she doesn't work on baking book?
I’ve said this before on the old thread but for someone with a degree in it her baking skills seem unbelievably mediocre. She always went on about how passionate she was about recipe and product development but only ever used recipes from Google. (Haven’t watched any of her food videos in ages so not sure if this is still the case)

Reactions: 15
I’ve said this before on the old thread but for someone with a degree in it her baking skills seem unbelievably mediocre. She always went on about how passionate she was about recipe and product development but only ever used recipes from Google. (Haven’t watched any of her food videos in ages so not sure if this is still the case)
exactly she has no new ideas, all she bakes are other people's recipes.
Watching her latest video...her talking about acting liek a child or whatever it was on the pier... as opposed to when? and "treating herself to a bath" ermmm.
Also , am I being too picky but her "free" activity, i..e playing games on the pier is not free, cheap maybe but not free. Her editing tskills are awful, at times I had to turn down the volume as the music went so loud

She probably just did the course to feed her food obsession
It is sad really, as someone else said, she stated her desire to go into food development after her course but has seemingly given up on that totally

Last edited:
She pretty much never makes her own recipes, I'm not entirely convinced she is interested in development at all! I love baking but my degree is in Biology and I dabble with my own recipes more than Grace :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
A random one but did anyone catch or know of the name of the guided walking tour app she used in Cambridge?

Reactions: 1
I think that most of the British Youtubers from 8-10 years ago that aren't very big anymore bought property back then and are now landlords :sick: (like Louise Pentland for instance)

They're set for life. And some sponsorships could pay what I make in a year (if not more).

Not saying that Grace is planning on becoming a landlord right now but I think many influencers get into the property market to keep the money coming in (they just don't publicize it because of how it looks).

And when her boyfriend is probably eventually going to be on a huge salary, she's sorted.

Great thanks I’ve seen nothing of Brighton with that video 🙃
An arcade that honestly could be Glasgow Quay, there’s nothing quaint about it. Walking on a pebble beach, cool. Some shops that are literally all around the UK. A Mediterranean restaurant (?) and the i360 which apparently was expensive, did she say the price ? No 🤦🏻‍♀️

Great thanks I’ve seen nothing of Brighton with that video 🙃
An arcade that honestly could be Glasgow Quay, there’s nothing quaint about it. Walking on a pebble beach, cool. Some shops that are literally all around the UK. A Mediterranean restaurant (?) and the i360 which apparently was expensive, did she say the price ? No 🤦🏻‍♀️
To be fair, the arcade is something that is pretty iconically Brighton. If you exclude that and the beach, it's excluding a huge part of what Brighton is famous for.

My bigger issue with that video was more the lack of pricing included which would have been beneficial, and also I get what people mean about the 'we' comments now. She didn't even hint that she was with Chloe until halfway through when you got a glimpse of someone else's feet and then she's pretty present in the arcade scene. I get Chloe not wanting to be a central feature of the channel, but like...why not just say Chloe is there?

Reactions: 5
To be fair, the arcade is something that is pretty iconically Brighton. If you exclude that and the beach, it's excluding a huge part of what Brighton is famous for.

My bigger issue with that video was more the lack of pricing included which would have been beneficial, and also I get what people mean about the 'we' comments now. She didn't even hint that she was with Chloe until halfway through when you got a glimpse of someone else's feet and then she's pretty present in the arcade scene. I get Chloe not wanting to be a central feature of the channel, but like...why not just say Chloe is there?
I can't work out why she does it, does she want people to speculate about whether she is with her boyfriend?

Why would she title the video ‘solo travel’ if she was obviously with Chloe?

Reactions: 1
I was confused with the video did she drive there or was she in Chloe's car because I thought she went home on the train? If this was the case why didn't she just say me and Chloe are going to Brighton, can't be bothered looking the video again because quite frankly I'm finding her and her content boring.

Has anyone seen her tiktok of that designer dress, I saw the thumbnail and thought it was a really tacky old fashioned apron :ROFLMAO: I wonder how much it cost!

Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen her tiktok of that designer dress, I saw the thumbnail and thought it was a really tacky old fashioned apron :ROFLMAO: I wonder how much it cost!
Yeah that dress is not the one, she needs to decide if she cares about fashion or not and if she does then find clothes that work with her body type/age. Everything just swamps her or she looks 12. Not a huge follower of Kibbi body types but I do think getting an expert to pick some based on what they think hers is would be good for her. My LEAST fave thing is seeing her in those horrible long slanty sunglasses all the time, she’s obsessed and my eyes really hate seeing them on her. They’re the ones she always puts on in the car. Can’t find a better picture but I promise they are bad!

Attachments

Yeah that dress is not the one, she needs to decide if she cares about fashion or not and if she does then find clothes that work with her body type/age. Everything just swamps her or she looks 12. Not a huge follower of Kibbi body types but I do think getting an expert to pick some based on what they think hers is would be good for her. My LEAST fave thing is seeing her in those horrible long slanty sunglasses all the time, she’s obsessed and my eyes really hate seeing them on her. They’re the ones she always puts on in the car. Can’t find a better picture but I promise they are bad!
Her style is non existent tbh, she either dresses like a kid or a 50 year old, there’s no in between. She should experiment more I think

Reactions: 16
I think this is another reason she seems so much younger than she is, she has no sense of her own style, just jumping on trends like a teenager would

Reactions: 6
I think it’s because she’s this weird middle ground of not caring but also caring. Like if she owned dressing for comfort and just what she likes to wear, then fair enough, loads of us do that. But she’ll do that whilst also clearly being interested and it ends up being this bizarre get up that’s almost trying too hard to not be stylish.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.