Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's just regurgitating content over and over at this point. We've seen this with different products so many times now. I'm not saying she has an ED but it does start verging on the obsessive. It's sort of like when you meet people who had super strict parents who denied treats, then when they have the freedom they go rogue and have ALL THE THINGS.

Reactions: 9
She's just regurgitating content over and over at this point. We've seen this with different products so many times now. I'm not saying she has an ED but it does start verging on the obsessive. It's sort of like when you meet people who had super strict parents who denied treats, then when they have the freedom they go rogue and have ALL THE THINGS.
TBH I wonder if she realises most of her viewers are ED/ex ED people, and she is just catering to them? Personanally. I don't think she has an ED]. If this is the case it is awful tbh

Reactions: 8
TBH I wonder if she realises most of her viewers are ED/ex ED people, and she is just catering to them? Personanally. I don't think she has an ED]. If this is the case it is awful tbh
Id like to hope she doesn’t realise 💀 if she does then that’s next level low. She seems pretty ignorant to life outside her bubble so I’m hoping she’s just completely unaware.

Her Bath video was so boring and could’ve been actually fun! It feels like these types of videos have been done over and over and then when she explaining the Bath history it seemed so quick and dull. Nothing is ever consistent and it annoys me when Honor is there as Grackle seems so cringey with her

Reactions: 5
Had another gander this morning and honestly I just can’t watch her anymore. She comes across so manic and cocky now and it gives me the massive ick. I miss humble, normal Grace.

she annoys the hell out of me with her childish ways, laziness and I can't imagine her letting loose and having fun I think the singing and dancing are just cringe!

Reactions: 7
If that is the case then that is super dark - I came to watching Grackle off the back off anorexia and I think one of the compelling things about her (coming from an ED) is how much she seems to enjoy food, cooking and how normally she appears to eat whilst still being very, very thin. For someone with an ED or in recovery who are inevitably obsessed with food she is catering to this extremely well. If she is aware of this and milking it for content then I would be so disappointed.

Reactions: 6
If that is the case then that is super dark - I came to watching Grackle off the back off anorexia and I think one of the compelling things about her (coming from an ED) is how much she seems to enjoy food, cooking and how normally she appears to eat whilst still being very, very thin. For someone with an ED or in recovery who are inevitably obsessed with food she is catering to this extremely well. If she is aware of this and milking it for content then I would be so disappointed.
I get the feeling that she truly thinks that she eats a lot of food and is just a ‘Lanky bean’ as she says - I think she fools herself about how much she really eats combined with generally being on the move a lot. Before lockdown she was out and about all day doing errands, babysitting, church, visiting people etc. also possible that having Covid affected her appetite as she is especially tiny these days.

Reactions: 4
She should team up with a local shelter which serves meals or food bank, donate what she doesn’t eat and buy one extra of everything to donate/the equivalent money. She could team up with them to raise money through her channel. There are plenty of ways she could involve her Christian values in her channel without ‘pushing’ anything on her viewers - people getting fed is always a bonus. She must be making enough money to do so if she can afford the constant spending while doing YouTube full time and living at home.

She should team up with a local shelter which serves meals or food bank, donate what she doesn’t eat and buy one extra of everything to donate/the equivalent money. She could team up with them to raise money through her channel. There are plenty of ways she could involve her Christian values in her channel without ‘pushing’ anything on her viewers - people getting fed is always a bonus. She must be making enough money to do so if she can afford the constant spending while doing YouTube full time and living at home.
She doesn’t seem like the generous type of religious person though tbh, she seems like the holier than thou type who is more attracted to the conservative aspects of their religion and sees going to church as purely a networking opportunity.

Reactions: 12
She doesn’t seem like the generous type of religious person though tbh, she seems like the holier than thou type who is more attracted to the conservative aspects of their religion and sees going to church as purely a networking opportunity.
Well we don't know her, but she was raised in the church and we parents are very religious, most of her social network are in the church (the guy who edited her videos for Grackle tries etc).

I do hope she gives whatever she doesn't use to a shelter, but yeah something tells me it ends up in the bin.

the thing is (in my experience) no food bank etc (understanably) will take half eaten food, unless she us giving this to friends this is all going in the bin

Reactions: 13
It’s going in the bin let’s be real. She isn’t gonna drive to multiple different friends just to give them some stake, supermarket cake 🤷🏻‍♀️ And food banks wouldn’t touch it. Homeless people perhaps but Grace slumming it on the streets? No chance, here stranger have a half eaten Aldi birthday cake?! 💀

Reactions: 11
I used to be a huge fan of Grace Booth because she made me feel more comfortable in my situation.

I’m also in my 20s and living at home (if I had the money, I would have a place of my own) and close to my parents and don’t drink or do drugs.
Also have limited dating experience.
It made me feel like I wasn’t a failure to see Grace, who had such a passion for fun and food and life. I know it’s pathetic but whenever I would cry or get depressed about being single or weird, I would be confirmed by thinking that Grace Booth is also single and she’s a cool and chill person, so no need to feel like somethings wrong with me.

Now she has a boyfriend who takes her on french holidays and she’s making tons of money and doing lots of exciting things and is super beautiful.
I don’t feel a connection anymore. I just feel inferior.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I used to be a huge fan of Grace Booth because she made me feel more comfortable in my situation.

I’m also in my 20s and living at home (if I had the money, I would have a place of my own) and close to my parents and don’t drink or do drugs.
Also have limited dating experience.
It made me feel like I wasn’t a failure to see Grace, who had such a passion for fun and food and life. I know it’s pathetic but whenever I would cry or get depressed about being single or weird, I would be confirmed by thinking that Grace Booth is also single and she’s a cool and chill person, so no need to feel like somethings wrong with me.

Now she has a boyfriend who takes her on french holidays and she’s making tons of money and doing lots of exciting things and is super beautiful.
I don’t feel a connection anymore. I just feel inferior.
The weird thing about your 20s is time moves at so many different speeds across the years, you can feel one age forever then one day you’re hitting your fifth anniversary and have made progress in your career and it feels like two minutes ago you were crying about feeling alone and worrying about money, watching everyone around you move out, get engaged and go on holidays you couldn’t dream of. Things will feel better one day and it’ll feel like your early 20s were one big fever dream and you’ll wonder if you were just actually just exaggerating your situation - it’s okay to feel those feelings! Don’t let it get you down, we all find ourselves comparing ourselves to other people’s public narratives. Inside even the most adulty adult still feels like three toddlers in a trench coat. One thing that really changed my perspective was finding out how many of the people around me who were ‘successful’ were in serious credit card debt.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The weird thing about your 20s is time moves at so many different speeds across the years, you can feel one age forever then one day you’re hitting your fifth anniversary and have made progress in your career and it feels like two minutes ago you were crying about feeling alone and worrying about money, watching everyone around you move out, get engaged and go on holidays you couldn’t dream of. Things will feel better one day and it’ll feel like your early 20s were one big fever dream and you’ll wonder if you were just actually just exaggerating your situation - it’s okay to feel those feelings! Don’t let it get you down, we all find ourselves comparing ourselves to other people’s public narratives. Inside even the most adulty adult still feels like three toddlers in a trench coat. One thing that really changed my perspective was finding out how many of the people around me who were ‘successful’ were in serious credit card debt.
thats a good point. I am gratefully not in any debt at all. So I suppose I’ve one thing going for me. ✌🏻

Reactions: 5
thats a good point. I am gratefully not in any debt at all. So I suppose I’ve one thing going for me. ✌🏻
I am engaged, have a wonderful partner, a new baby, lovely dogs and a nice house.

I am also in crippling debt and have severe anxiety that ruins my life.

You wouldn’t know that if you looked at my socials - don’t let it fool you, her life likely isn’t anything like she makes it seem. You are so young, you will get there in your own time, don’t wish your life away thinking you need to do things on a timeframe, absolutely make your own 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am engaged, have a wonderful partner, a new baby, lovely dogs and a nice house.

I am also in crippling debt and have severe anxiety that ruins my life.

You wouldn’t know that if you looked at my socials - don’t let it fool you, her life likely isn’t anything like she makes it seem. You are so young, you will get there in your own time, don’t wish your life away thinking you need to do things on a timeframe, absolutely make your own 😊
thank you for being so kind. It really means a lot to me. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Unless she's showing the boyfriend on instragram, I'm pretty sure he's not on the scene.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.