Grace Victory #8 Has the entire village raise her child, while she sits on the couch waiting takeaway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see she hasn't changed, what she went through was horrendous and scary but she's acting even more insufferable now? I'd forgotten about her unt I saw the thread on the main page here. Is she looking after her health?
Like hell she is. I'm amazed Deliveroo or Just Eat haven't signed her up as an ambassador yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Her likes. JEEEZ. The newborn days are haaaard on a relationship and I absolutely can imagine Grace feeling the struggle of what default parenting is as a breastfeeding mum and feeling resentful towards Lee, who in turn probably is angry that he had to deal with this alone with Cyprus. That’s my theory anyway!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 20
How long until a “consciously uncoupling but co-parenting” announcement? Or will they stay together until the next Hello magazine deal payment…

Reactions: 30
Her likes. JEEEZ. The newborn days are haaaard on a relationship and I absolutely can imagine Grace feeling the struggle of what default parenting is as a breastfeeding mum and feeling resentful towards Lee, who in turn probably is angry that he had to deal with this alone with Cyprus. That’s my theory anyway!
Yikes! Twitter accounts are free hun make a burner for all this x

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh snap, looks like things are truly unravelling now. What a predicament Grace has gotten herself into. Only just recovered from a serious life threatening illness, two kids under two, and from the looks of things a relationship that’s imploding.

Hopefully she’s just being her usual dramatic self and she and Lee can weather this initial difficult new born stage together. While I’ve never really believed in the solidity of their relationship, breaking up right now would be awful and stressful for everyone in their lives. Plus even genuine loving couples can go through a stage of hating each other when dealing with a newborn baby, sleep deprivation is a killer.

I’ve always felt they’d break up eventually as they have never seemed on the same page. I honestly think the coma prolonged their relationship. A big dramatic event to bond them, tons of family support. It allowed them to avoid their incompatibility and live in a bubble. But now that it’s just the two of them navigating caring for a newborn and being responsible for a whole family - the cracks are showing big time.

I like Lee, but Grace clearly carries the weight in their relationship. Grace likes giving men the world because she thinks that’s the way to keep them around. Plus she enjoys the control. But the problem is once the chips are down and you really need your partner to step up, it doesn’t happen. I don’t think Lee loves Grace enough to meet her needs. He reminds me of my own dad funnily enough, a nice enough guy but not someone who’s equipped to steer the ship. It feels like Grace and the kids just happened to him, if that makes sense.

I feel like he does the bare minimum but isn’t the kind of person who’s gonna roll their sleeves up and take initiative. Grace probably has to constantly tell him what to do. He seems very type B. Too many women do this though, they force a life with a guy who isn’t right for them because they’re desperate to tick boxes. Then when it backfires they get mean and resentful.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Grace my love! Like why is she liking this content on her main where he presumably follows her / she has an active tattle thread? Like keep some things private sweetie!!
Phew I thought I had made a ooopsie with my identity 😂

she absolutely knows what she’s doing with the likes tho she’s so passive aggressive

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Lee, who in turn probably is angry that he had to deal with this alone with Cyprus.
He wasn't completely alone, he also got a lot of help from her mum and sister who by appearances raised Cyprus until Grace got better (and continue to do so).

If they're both this resentful or unprepared, why have unprotected sex?

Oh snap, looks like things are truly unravelling now. What a predicament Grace has gotten herself into. Only just recovered from a serious life threatening illness, two kids under two, and from the looks of things a relationship that’s imploding.

Hopefully she’s just being her usual dramatic self and she and Lee can weather this initial difficult new born stage together. While I’ve never really believed in the solidity of their relationship, breaking up right now would be awful and stressful for everyone in their lives. Plus even genuine loving couples can go through a stage of hating each other when dealing with a newborn baby, sleep deprivation is a killer.

I’ve always felt they’d break up eventually as they have never seemed on the same page. I honestly think the coma prolonged their relationship. A big dramatic event to bond them, tons of family support. It allowed them to avoid their incompatibility and live in a bubble. But now that it’s just the two of them navigating caring for a newborn and being responsible for a whole family - the cracks are showing big time.

I like Lee, but Grace clearly carries the weight in their relationship. Grace likes giving men the world because she thinks that’s the way to keep them around. Plus she enjoys the control. But the problem is once the chips are down and you really need your partner to step up, it doesn’t happen. I don’t think Lee loves Grace enough to meet her needs. He reminds me of my own dad funnily enough, a nice enough guy but not someone who’s equipped to steer the ship. It feels like Grace and the kids just happened to him, if that makes sense.

I feel like he does the bare minimum but isn’t the kind of person who’s gonna roll their sleeves up and take initiative. Grace probably has to constantly tell him what to do. He seems very type B. Too many women do this though, they force a life with a guy who isn’t right for them because they’re desperate to tick boxes. Then when it backfires they get mean and resentful.
He's definitely one of those passive guys who are nice enough to not make any major missteps or cause upset when there's no friction, but as soon as problems arise you realise they're quite inactive and/or useless.

Even the fact that he gave her the baby she asked for but not the ring. Well, it was easy enough for him because having sex is something which happens anyway with minimal effort and satisfies him.

Biologically, the pregnancy had no impact on him either and without knowing his view on things, I can assume that he expected Grace - the one who yearned to be a mother and has a job which arguably rewards her for becoming a parent - to "naturally" take on the traditional role as primary caregiver.

Laidback and agreeable men aren't all bad but Lee seems to have made very few decisions in their relationship which isn't a great sign. You can't have one person steering things.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The first few weeks with a newborn are soo so hard on a marriage. Me and my husband are SOLID, and I love him more than life, but those few weeks, my body pumped with hormones, I was ready to pack my bags and go a fair few times. I remember once sobbing on the sofa uncontrollably, whilst breastfeeding my baby for 3 hours straight with cracked bleeding nipples, because he said 'Im just going to pop to the shops' and did just that, and I felt like I will never ever be able to just 'pop' anywhere. I think it really just hits you in those first few weeks, how little the men's life changed after having a baby, compare to yours. These are completely valid feelings, but combined with Graces strong narcissistic personality, I wouldn't be surprised if she did walk, or if she was emotionally abusing Lee for not being able to do as much as she has to. Liking passive aggressive tweets definitely won't help the situation though, and it just shows her emotional immaturity. It reminds me of how I used to post cryptic Facebook updates/song lyrics aimed at certain people instead of addressing the issues🤣
If they did break up though I'm sure it will be a 'gentle, mature, guided separation that they manifested for the greater future' or something along those lines

• Heart
Reactions: 39
He wasn't completely alone, he also got a lot of help from her mum and sister who by appearances raised Cyprus until Grace got better (and continue to do so).

If they're both this resentful or unprepared, why have unprotected sex?

He's definitely one of those passive guys who are nice enough to not make any major missteps or cause upset when there's no friction, but as soon as problems arise you realise they're quite inactive and/or useless.

Even the fact that he gave her the baby she asked for but not the ring. Well, it was easy enough for him because having sex is something which happens anyway with minimal effort and satisfies him.

Biologically, the pregnancy had no impact on him either and without knowing his view on things, I can assume that he expected Grace - the one who yearned to be a mother and has a job which arguably rewards her for becoming a parent - to "naturally" take on the traditional role as primary caregiver.

Laidback and agreeable men aren't all bad but Lee seems to have made very few decisions in their relationship which isn't a great sign. You can't have one person steering things.
You’ve explained it absolutely perfectly! While I do agree with others that the newborn phase will naturally bring out resentments for even the strongest couples. However, I think this is what’s ultimately the crux of their issue. I’ve seen this dynamic play out between them even before babies entered the picture.

I remember Grace constantly being passive aggressive about Lee’s lack of housework when they were in that first flat together. And she was very rude to him during their first gender reveal and said ‘I have to reach him (unborn baby) how not to be like his father’. I really do think Lee is exactly as described above, a genial and nice but ultimately passive partner who leaves it to Grace to make all the decisions and do all the heavy lifting.

Grace reminds me so much of an old friend of mine. She was desperate to tick off milestones so she clung to a guy who was super checked out emotionally by making things very convenient for him. She got him a plum job at her dad’s business, pushed him to save up with her for a mortgage, got pregnant and even though he wasn’t very enthusiastic he eventually went along with that too.

Then once the baby arrived things became really unbearable. Like he loved his child ofc but did not take a firm hand in anything - my friend was left to deal with 99% of child rearing and household chores. Whilst still going 50/50 with him on all finances. And because she’s the one who pursued him and pushed him into everything, their dynamic is super awkward. They feel like two kids playing house. Some women will cling to a man just to say they have one, meanwhile in a practical sense they’re almost operating like single mothers.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Char has posted a photo on Instagram I think a couple of days ago and Grace didn’t like it when she normally coments on her pics. She must of seen it cos she’s clearly using social media . Maybe some of those tweets are aimed to Char somehow ? Maybe the whole fam are calling Grace on her bullshit ?
Also, hot take : Grace’s new rebrand in a few months will be something along the lines of “ empowered single mum” like Sammi María

When she came out of that coma she said one of the first things she tweeted was that she HAS to marry Lee. Knew something had to have happened.

Reactions: 5
Char has posted a photo on Instagram I think a couple of days ago and Grace didn’t like it when she normally coments on her pics. She must of seen it cos she’s clearly using social media . Maybe some of those tweets are aimed to Char somehow ? Maybe the whole fam are calling Grace on her bullshit ?
Also, hot take : Grace’s new rebrand in a few months will be something along the lines of “ empowered single mum” like Sammi María
Grace didn't like her sister previous photo either. But Lee liked the last one. It may be unimportant, idn

Reactions: 7
Lol the shade on her last IG story about watching old episodes of the Kardashian's.
Omg yes!!! She is so passive aggressive it's embarrassing.

Grace see if you put in the same amount of energy you do to diss people around you on social media, ordering deliveroos, moaning how hard done by you are and sharing posts of 'selfcare is not selfish' tit, then you would have a somewhat relaxing, wholesome, and solid life.....just a thought 🙄

Reactions: 14
I did wonder when she was pregnant if there might be an odd dynamic when this baby was born, Lee has done it before (albeit with lots of help) but this is Grace’s first experience of a newborn. Must be a strange feeling for them really.

Could you imagine using Instagram and Twitter to throw shade at the man you’re in a relationship with and who literally lives in the same house 😭?! Like just say it to his face? Or vent to your friends? This feels so juvenile, even by Grace’s standards.

The thing is we all know what she’s like, her perceptions are quite warped so there’s no way of knowing exactly what’s going on there. She’s shown agginess towards Lee in the past but never to the extent of this week. I wonder if he really is distancing himself from her atm. Is it cus she’s constantly biting his head off and being impossible? Or is he just not bothered to deal with everything now that their relationship has become much harder/less convenient for him? Either way 🍿

• Heart
I actually think he isn't at home right now, and he hasn't been there during the weekend either, that's why her friends came to help her and that would also explain why she "communicates" with him through social media.

(English is not my native language)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.