Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But I thought we couldn't catch her out????

Side note, a few weeks ago Anastasia Kingsnorth went out and flaunted breaking the rules her thread went mad and people spammed all her Instagram/youtube comments and DMd her repeatedly until she did a (very poor) apology video for it on her story, it's funny because you just know if we did the same to Grace (who is, quite clearly breaking the rules as London is in tier 2) she'd reply with something like oh these people all live with me they moved in for lockdown or they're in my bubble because I live alone (which she doesn't as we all know) or something
Still worth calling her out! All her followers know she lives in tier 2, she’s just posted that to show off her big house and the fact she’s cutting corners cash wise to produce content.
We love a money saving queen 👑 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone got any more pics which shows the products being made in china? I’m talking to an influencer exposure page that has quite a few followers but I’m not doing a good job of explaining lol

Reactions: 8
In London you’re not allowed other people inside your house, but of course this doesn’t apply to grace who has a whole team of people in her house. The privilege is real.
not white knighting her but you are allowed if it’s for work.
Up to 30 people can meet indoors for work purposes if the place they’re meeting is following covid guidelines

Reactions: 1
Screenshot so we have receipts before she delete them!
This is a good one as she literally admits it’s her own house.

not white knighting her but you are allowed if it’s for work.
Up to 30 people can meet indoors for work purposes if the place they’re meeting is following covid guidelines
is she following covid guidelines tho?

Attachments

She looks more than 2 metres away from the model, so yes.

There’s plenty to snark on when it comes to Grace, this isn’t one of these instances IMO.
tbf I’m pretty sure her continuous ignoring of covid guilelines is something to snark on. maybe this instance isn’t exactly breaking rules but given the current situation, it seems pretty risky to have so many people (there’s obviously more than just her and the model) inside her home. she doesn’t bother wearing masks, goes out to eat constantly, sees people from other households, etc, so i see this as just another stupid choice on her part.

Reactions: 26
tbf I’m pretty sure her continuous ignoring of covid guilelines is something to snark on. maybe this instance isn’t exactly breaking rules but given the current situation, it seems pretty risky to have so many people (there’s obviously more than just her and the model) inside her home. she doesn’t bother wearing masks, goes out to eat constantly, sees people from other households, etc, so i see this as just another stupid choice on her part.
yeah are you not supposed to wear masks (unless eating etc) when with people outside your house indoors?) I know she is modelling but honestly this is the (as much as I hate this frase) the New Normal so even her model wearing a mask would hardly be a big deal . Surprised Tala hasn't starting selling masks tbh

Reactions: 9
yeah are you not supposed to wear masks (unless eating etc) when with people outside your house indoors?) I know she is modelling but honestly this is the (as much as I hate this frase) the New Normal so even her model wearing a mask would hardly be a big deal . Surprised Tala hasn't starting selling masks tbh
also, I know the weather isn’t ideal, but couldn’t they photograph outside, or at least an open-air space? the risk would be so much lower and they could distance even further and perhaps wear masks (what a concept)!

Reactions: 7
also, I know the weather isn’t ideal, but couldn’t they photograph outside, or at least an open-air space? the risk would be so much lower and they could distance even further and perhaps wear masks (what a concept)!
Yeah I agree, I was talking to a friend about plans for my bday which is in November (literally just me and her, not having a gathering of 30 people) and we just decided whatever happens we will do some kind of picnic/drinks outside as it is so much lower risk. We both have parents who are older and at risk so it just makes sense. Yes, I would rather have her come to my house (she hasn't since February) but I would rather bear the cold than be a risk. A fitness thing especially in a park makes sense, I think half the people in the park near me are people training atm!

Reactions: 6
Thats just proof tala don’t give a tit about the environment really, disposable masks are terrible for the environment, if they made some reusable ones it’d be a solution to that issue.
(probably they will make some in the next month now since we know grace reads here)

Reactions: 8
I’m pretty sure you don’t have to wear masks if you’re meeting for a work reason, though I assume it’s encouraged to wear masks.

I’m just pointing out that what she’s doing in this particular situation is perfectly legal. Plenty of people who wfh still need to meet with people indoors, and I don’t think it’s fair to just say ‘meet outdoors!’ when it’s raining and windy, especially if you’re meeting to do photography.

God I’m tired of people bleating on like ‘bUt wHaT sHe’S dOiNg iS lEGaL’ yeah...okay. I’m a lawyer, and the law is bullshit. The right thing to do and what the law says is the bare minimum you must do are not the same. Grace holds herself out as caring about ethics etc - well do better. You don’t need to do a shoot in your home. That’s not a commercial space that will be deep cleaned after, that’s her house. And she’s already been shown breaking the rules so why anyone wants to make excuses for her because on this occasion maybe she’s doing the absolute bare minimum I really don’t know - should we give her a medal? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 47
God I’m tired of people bleating on like ‘bUt wHaT sHe’S dOiNg iS lEGaL’ yeah...okay. I’m a lawyer, and the law is bullshit. The right thing to do and what the law says is the bare minimum you must do are not the same. Grace holds herself out as caring about ethics etc - well do better. You don’t need to do a shoot in your home. That’s not a commercial space that will be deep cleaned after, that’s her house. And she’s already been shown breaking the rules so why anyone wants to make excuses for her because on this occasion maybe she’s doing the absolute bare minimum I really don’t know - should we give her a medal? 🙄
I mean this is a long running problem of graces, she can’t seem to figure out that just because something is legal doesn’t mean its moral.
Its the exact same as how she technically didn’t do anything illegal with the content creators, she paid them as per the contract but ofc it was a totally immoral contract which she knew would have them working hours for literally nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So are you saying we should hold her to a standard that is higher than the one you hold yourself to when it comes to covid guidelines?

Most people are doing the bare minimum as mandated by law, and if you want to do extra, that’s on you. But please get off your high horse, and perhaps find a new career if you think the law is bullshit.

Reactions: 6
So are you saying we should hold her to a standard that is higher than the one you hold yourself to when it comes to covid guidelines?

Most people are doing the bare minimum as mandated by law, and if you want to do extra, that’s on you. But please get off your high horse, and perhaps find a new career if you think the law is bullshit.
No actually, most people I know are not doing the bare minimum. Because lots of people actually care about other people and want us out of this covid hell as soon as possible. If caring about other people is being on a high horse, I'll happily stay up here lmao. And I very much think people like Grace who make careers out of influencing people need to think about their behaviour and what it suggests to younger people who look up to them.

Oh - and you clearly know nothing about law if you think lawyers cannot critique bad law when it's made. That is literally what we are trained to do for three years on our law degrees. Thanks for the crap and unsolicited career advice though, sorry you don't have the critical thinking skills to assess what you're being told to do and trust Boris Johnson to protect you.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

I think you don’t really understand the argument thats being made here, the point is that just bc somethings legal doesn’t mean its right. There are many things that used to be legal which are now illegal because they were literally terrible, like idk up until the 90s marital r*pe was legal in the UK. That is not right or moral, but it was still legal.
Obviously that is not comparable to doing the bare minimum to follow covid laws, but its just explaining that yeah actually sometimes we should hold ourselves to higher standards than what some laws stipulate because its the right thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
i will never understand why people come here to defend grace to such an extent. we all know what she’s doing is wrong, sure it isn’t illegal but that DEFINITELY doesn’t make it right and yeah, she’s a public figure so maybe she should be setting more of an example.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I mean this is a long running problem of graces, she can’t seem to figure out that just because something is legal doesn’t mean its moral.
Its the exact same as how she technically didn’t do anything illegal with the content creators, she paid them as per the contract but ofc it was a totally immoral contract which she knew would have them working hours for literally nothing.
Exactly and you know, if she didn't pretend to preach on about being ethical etc I wouldn't care half as much? Like obviously, it's still highly unethical and I wouldn't like it, but a huge part of the issue is that she makes this big song and dance about ethics when her business ethics are incredibly poor.

Reactions: 18

No, I don’t bring my work friends around my house to work together, even though it’s ‘work purposes’, when you have an office available to you why not use it? Especially where you can comply by Covid regulations easier. I see what she’s doing as the same difference between me going into the office which is a controlled space, and going around my bosses house with my team to work.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.