Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Some of the pieces on graces depop (run by younger sister) are hilarious. Nothing is remotely 'in fashion' anymore its worth a browse for a laugh.
The earrings: selling things for £3.50 when your family is worth multiple millions and you could just donate them.
The headband: theres actually a few tala bits i have no idea why.
The pants?! Surely if you bought a pair on underwear and they were too big you would give them to a friend? It says unworn but theres no label and someone actually bought them!
that is insane! surely it's more effort than it's worth going to the post office etc to sell a £3 pair of earrings. I am not at all rich and anything like that I would either give to friends or a charity shop, she's so selfish

Reactions: 1

lilamay

VIP Member
Right I’m sorry, but I’m fucking fed up of this ridiculous “manifesting” trend. Does anyone know any normal people (ie non instagrammers) who do it? All just seems like a con to me

1) social media people don’t actually do that much, it’s like they’ve started this “manifesting” to give them something else for their to do list which isn’t gonna be hard work. Whenever you see an influencers “day in the life” they pack it out with things like going to the gym/ the supermarket (Taking o the bins 👀)). But they make out like going to the shops is part of a working day. Hunny we all have to do these things outside of our 9-5. So now they can spend and hour manifesting and writing gratitudes to make them look busier

2) it’s just a way of indirectly asking for stuff.
“Manifesting a holiday” ** gifted a holiday. Wow the universe answered my prayers 🙄

3) manifesting is just the same as wanting something. Like people go for a job, they probably all really want it. Bt by saying you manifested it just sounds like you did more. Sounds like you had life involvement. No it’s just a fucking wish let’s not over egg it

4) manifesting is just ready to be the scape goat. So if things don’t go how they want, it’s nothing to do with them personally “the universe said no”. E.g grace instead of just manifesting for tala to make money- how about actively resolve the production issues and sort out your customer service team etc, will have more impact then “manifesting”. But doing is harder than dreaming

5) another way to hide privilege. Like I said- who are the people you see “manifesting”. Always influencers and usually young middle class white girls. You’re not manifesting these opportunities, society has already paved the way for you to be given them. And then they can’t feel “guilt”because the universe chose and wanted this for them 🤢

anyway that’s my two pence on that.
She is literally a capitalist cash cow and I cba with her pretending she gives a shit about anything but her ego
So well said.

lallallalalalalalala

Yeah notice how she was super quick to chime in on the Oatly debate, writing essays about the whole thing, but doesn’t have anything to say about the Lucy & Yak stuff which is arguably way more relevant to to her. TALA has a narrower range of sizes than L&Y, and I’ve seen many comments from customers complaining their sizes are actually smaller fitting than the website description. And we know she will be fully aware of the issue because she reposts Aja’s stuff all the time.
Bit slow of me, but please could someone explain the Lucy and Yak thing? I was going to buy some!

Lalisa_mb

Grace is gonna be on Patricia Bright's business podcast. Although I know she's never gonna get grilled cos they're friends, Pat asks pretty direct questions and isn't afraid to talk candidly about money, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out against Grace's waffle.

I remember they did a Q&A style thing together before and I rewatched it and this part is so infuriating (starts 18:00). It's the same spiel about her non-existent financial difficulties at uni. The way she talks about it is so cagey and misleading. She says she took out the tuition fee loans, but didn't she only do that for the first year? She also hints at how she didn't take out a maintenance loan (instead using the seemingly bottomless pit of money from her IBM internship + money from influencing). I find it really hard to feel sorry for her supposed financial difficulties at uni when she purposefully didn't take out any of the loans which are literally there to fund university. Idk why this thing irks me so much - I think it's because she seems to use this story as a way to appear 'normal' and self-made, but to actively choose not take out those loans means you are in an insanely privileged position. You don't do something like that without being sure that you've got a safety net somewhere (i.e. family).

100% agreed

emm

VIP Member
um excuse me it's billionaire. How dare you underestimate such a powerful boss babe queen

She has always admitted that she's very privileged but it was always very shallow like "yeah I'm really privileged I know I'm really lucky and thankful and I was at the right place at the right time blah blah blah" but then go on about how she's worked from nothing, had no one helping her, and she's done it all by herself which all just extremely false and her admitting that she is privileged does not outweigh the ignorance of the rest of that (putting aside all her actual actions).
haha, oh sorry my mistake BILLIONAIRE boss babe :LOL: yeh she always says this but doesn;t really act on what she says imo, if she did she would pay fair wages for her staff so that they can afford to live in London in a reasonable condition

jjeett

Chatty Member
'In 1976, it converted to its current fee-paying independent status.'

'In 2013 the school offered to give financial support to Dunottar School in Reigate, and in return Reigate Grammar School would help manage Dunottar.'

I think it was Dunottar that was in the poor financial situation. I guess the last paragraph on the wiki page could be quite confusing. I don't know anything either btw, just going off the wiki page as well cos I was curious.
It says the other way round - 'Dunottar School for Girls in High Trees Road, Reigate, signed a 10-year deal with United Learning to take over the running from the Reigate Grammar School (RGS) group on Friday (February 28) .' Source.

Edit: btw sorry if I am being dumb and skim-reading badly

Edit: ooh ok yeah I am being dumb and skim-reading everything. Sorry both of you!

• Haha

Tea4u

VIP Member
Sorry if it’s been mentioned already but do we know why she’s had a shit week for Mon to send her that card or is this just Grace lol

Vegemite

all these calls snd meetings are clearly invented, she never specifieswhat they are for, everything is just an "exciting new project " and does anyone do calls at 6.15 pn a friday??
I’m sure it’s just Genflow updating her on the latest designs and colours they are sourcing to keep CEO Grace in the loop regarding what’s happening with her businesses.

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
I just watched the literal first bit and omg she is so patronizing and bitchy. "Why would you eat food or do workouts that you hate?" And what is Shreddy contributing that is so mind blowingly new or different? Your workouts suck and your recipes sucks gtfo. Also you do not do it everyday, you do F45 or a round of poor hip thrusts k xo
IDoes anyone else think it's so strange that she advertises she does workouts that aren't hers? surely she should be saying her's are enough by themself? If I was her I'd lie about it!

Lalisa_mb

I know this is so petty but I checked the menu of the pub she was at. There is one vegan option which was like a bean stew which she clearly didn’t order. The veggie burger was with cheese and mayo. But no one can catch her out
I did the same and couldn’t see anything from the sushi stuff except for 1 yet it didn’t look as if she hD that

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
The Tala website is wayyy better now, just stalked it. But it’s full of fake news with only five star reviews

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
She says she hates primary colours? I've seen her wearing every primary colour?
I feel like she probably got a bit of hate on whatever she posted - probably had an obnoxious caption or something so deleted it and blamed it on how particular she is about her feed. She’s hardly got a cohesive or aesthetic feed

nomaddie

Chatty Member
and she’s wearing that ugly balenciaga sweatshirt in her stories 🙄 does everything she own have a brand name plastered on it???

• Sick