Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker here, thoroughly enjoy reading these threads as I have experience working with people like Grez.

As someone who owns a athleisure/sportswear business myself, I can honestly say I’m baffled by how Grez is still on the forefront of TALA & Co. At no point could I engage with clients and customer base in a manner similar to hers and expect to get away with it - which is why I’m glad to see her getting called out on here. Genflow really should be questioning what exactly it is Grez brings to the brands and whether the positives outweigh the negatives. Given her lack of personal control ie her flippant remarks, comments and defensive rebuttals, I honestly don’t understand why Genflow haven’t pulled her aside yet. Imperative in business, regardless of sCaLe or which position you hold in the company. A CEO should expect to be called out as much as an new-start colleague but evidently Grez is riding the “it’s my company, I’ll say what I want cos I have 1mill followers” train (or should that be plane?). She also acknowledged the understanding that she would be called out more than most but yet fails to reply in a suitable manner?

It’s super disappointing to see her ‘minions’ as they’ve been dubbed on here still believing her web of lies and deceit as unfortunately money talks and they will continue to support Grez (not her brands per se, but Grez - their idol). There are so many other fantastic companies out there, offering better quality clothing, better benefits to employees and generally just a better customer experience. In what is already a tough market, Grez is trying to differentiate herself and her brands by making false claims and false promises and hoping the tit sticks.

Grez, if you see this, which I’m sure you will. Take some advice from the team around you. People don’t want blood (no matter how much you claim they do), they just want an apology and for you to do better, like you promised. Actions speak louder than words at this point and you’ve already said way too much.

ps, I’m living for the receipts, I can just imagine your camera rolls 😂 have a great Sunday everyone 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Long time lurker here, thoroughly enjoy reading these threads as I have experience working with people like Grez.

As someone who owns a athleisure/sportswear business myself, I can honestly say I’m baffled by how Grez is still on the forefront of TALA & Co. At no point could I engage with clients and customer base in a manner similar to hers and expect to get away with it - which is why I’m glad to see her getting called out on here. Genflow really should be questioning what exactly it is Grez brings to the brands and whether the positives outweigh the negatives. Given her lack of personal control ie her flippant remarks, comments and defensive rebuttals, I honestly don’t understand why Genflow haven’t pulled her aside yet. Imperative in business, regardless of sCaLe or which position you hold in the company. A CEO should expect to be called out as much as an new-start colleague but evidently Grez is riding the “it’s my company, I’ll say what I want cos I have 1mill followers” train (or should that be plane?). She also acknowledged the understanding that she would be called out more than most but yet fails to reply in a suitable manner?

It’s super disappointing to see her ‘minions’ as they’ve been dubbed on here still believing her web of lies and deceit as unfortunately money talks and they will continue to support Grez (not her brands per se, but Grez - their idol). There are so many other fantastic companies out there, offering better quality clothing, better benefits to employees and generally just a better customer experience. In what is already a tough market, Grez is trying to differentiate herself and her brands by making false claims and false promises and hoping the tit sticks.

Grez, if you see this, which I’m sure you will. Take some advice from the team around you. People don’t want blood (no matter how much you claim they do), they just want an apology and for you to do better, like you promised. Actions speak louder than words at this point and you’ve already said way too much.

ps, I’m living for the receipts, I can just imagine your camera rolls 😂 have a great Sunday everyone 😊
100% posting this response

Reactions: 1
She’s so entitled, tacky and unaware. I just can’t get over it😂 I tried to folllow her journey through her vlogs, and the desperate need to come across as relatable is jarring. It almost became relatable until she bought the big house in London, which was clearly aided by daddy’s contribution to her deposit.

She doesn’t care about her consumer just the lifestyle it has allowed her. Her performative alley ship with the BLM movement has almost been embarrassing.

She is a left wing, self righteous, rich girl that made a fitness plan based on her good genetics. Which is okay. But, she should be transparent and stop pretending she comes from humble beginnings.

Gym shark clothing is much better. Although, there is no persona behind it or a gimmick with chav trends (which TALA has become).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If her family helped with the deposit for the house then why hasn't Flora got a massive house? Does she even own a place?

I don’t post often but I’ve been keeping up with the shreddy scandal, it’s insane! Really subscribing to the fact that she’s paid off those that have spoken up. All SM posting seems to have died down and even those that had joined / were posting here seem to have stopped? (Hoping I’m wrong but honestly nothing would surprise me now).

Reactions: 6
I don’t post often but I’ve been keeping up with the shreddy scandal, it’s insane! Really subscribing to the fact that she’s paid off those that have spoken up. All SM posting seems to have died down and even those that had joined / were posting here seem to have stopped? (Hoping I’m wrong but honestly nothing would surprise me now).
I really think people are scared of the legal threats, are emotionally exhausted, and preserve their mental health. Not to mention all the problematic minions saying disgusting horrible trash. But I really wish it won't die / someone will figure out some alternative way to protest this.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If her family helped with the deposit for the house then why hasn't Flora got a massive house? Does she even own a place?
I’d assume Flora doesn’t have as much passive income to afford the mortgage for a ‘massive house’ ?

Grace had her company up and running prior to buying whilst at university. So, again assuming she had a good percentage of her deposit saved already with a percentage coming from her parents.

I do remember Flora saying (on YouTube) she would like to buy an apartment one day and has always viewed herself living in an apartment. She currently rents one with friends and often posts it on her Insta story.

Reactions: 7
Syd and Ell’s new YouTube video is an AD for Shreddy 😬
I wonder if this is after the scandal and they're trying to get more subscribers who have no idea what went on? Because they were happy to have Syd and Ell as ambassadors for this long without feeling the need to put into their contracts that they have to actually promote it... 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ seriously everytime Ell mentions working out she's always making up her own workouts, which is fine but you'd never think she's being paid to use and promote a workout app. Shreddy is honestly a joke, to think they pay these two clowns and other Love Island 'stars' to promote a product they don't use when there's literally thousands of girls who love Shreddy and some can't even decent money or even gifted a Tala set in exchange for actually making content and workout videos for them :rolleyes:.

Grace needs to go back to the drawing board or something because she will lose the support of all the people that brought her up to where she is in the first place. These girls supported all the B_ND, Tala launches, even back when she was a gymshark athlete I used her link once. It's disappointing she's treating her supporters this way. I feel for the ex content creators who spoke out because I think they're just tired of the whole situation to be honest. The girl who put up the initial post on insta and has now deleted it and said she's be getting SO much abuse. It's an absolute joke and so horrible. People need to have some empathy and realise they're not speaking badly of Grace herself just telling their story and how they were treated by the company which they have every right to do!

Reactions: 5
I’d assume Flora doesn’t have as much passive income to afford the mortgage for a ‘massive house’ ?

Grace had her company up and running prior to buying whilst at university. So, again assuming she had a good percentage of her deposit saved already with a percentage coming from her parents.

I do remember Flora saying (on YouTube) she would like to buy an apartment one day and has always viewed herself living in an apartment. She currently rents one with friends and often posts it on her Insta story.
long time lurker here...

don't be fooled, flora might "pay rent" on that flat, but she co-owns it lol

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I wonder if this is after the scandal and they're trying to get more subscribers who have no idea what went on? Because they were happy to have Syd and Ell as ambassadors for this long without feeling the need to put into their contracts that they have to actually promote it... 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ seriously everytime Ell mentions working out she's always making up her own workouts, which is fine but you'd never think she's being paid to use and promote a workout app. Shreddy is honestly a joke, to think they pay these two clowns and other Love Island 'stars' to promote a product they don't use when there's literally thousands of girls who love Shreddy and some can't even decent money or even gifted a Tala set in exchange for actually making content and workout videos for them :rolleyes:.

Grace needs to go back to the drawing board or something because she will lose the support of all the people that brought her up to where she is in the first place. These girls supported all the B_ND, Tala launches, even back when she was a gymshark athlete I used her link once. It's disappointing she's treating her supporters this way. I feel for the ex content creators who spoke out because I think they're just tired of the whole situation to be honest. The girl who put up the initial post on insta and has now deleted it and said she's be getting SO much abuse. It's an absolute joke and so horrible. People need to have some empathy and realise they're not speaking badly of Grace herself just telling their story and how they were treated by the company which they have every right to do!
Syd and Ell have said it’s pre recorded so it was before the revelations but it is bad timing

Reactions: 3
Syd and Ell have said it’s pre recorded so it was before the revelations but it is bad timing
Ahh okay fair enough. Imagine getting paid to not promote something though? They do a enough good for fabletics as opposed to Shreddy so it's good to know some companies actually get their moneys worth paying these influencers to promote. Shreddy why not take note... 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Ahh okay fair enough. Imagine getting paid to not promote something though? They do a enough good for fabletics as opposed to Shreddy so it's good to know some companies actually get their moneys worth paying these influencers to promote. Shreddy why not take note... 🤦‍♀️
Oh I’m not defending them, but Syd and Ell get paid I assume as it was an AD and haven’t spoke up about the Shreddy situation as they probably don’t care and even if they did, I doubt they would end their contract! 💰

Oh I’m not defending them, but Syd and Ell get paid I assume as it was an AD and haven’t spoke up about the Shreddy situation as they probably don’t care and even if they did, I doubt they would end their contract! 💰
Oh no I absolutely not saying you were I was just thinking its ridiculous to get paid to be an ambassador and not actually promote that thing lol. Oh yeah and I definitely don't think Syd and Ell would speak up even if they did know, they're too busy trying to pick an advert for every single one of their of their Youtube videos to exploit their 'fans'. :rolleyes: 😂

Oh no I absolutely not saying you were I was just thinking its ridiculous to get paid to be an ambassador and not actually promote that thing lol. Oh yeah and I definitely don't think Syd and Ell would speak up even if they did know, they're too busy trying to pick an advert for every single one of their of their Youtube videos to exploit their 'fans'. :rolleyes: 😂
As long as they get their coin they don’t care if it hurts others! If anyone comments about the Shreddy drama they’ll get blocked probably 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I just showed Syd & Elle's video to my little sister bc I watched them and thought it was such an awful "ad" for a fitness app imho, they cannot workout for tit and they definitely aren't convincing me to use Shreddy. But I didn't know if I was being biased and wanted a completely neutral opinion. So 1) both of us have no idea who Syd & Elle are 2) my sister has no idea what all this Grace drama is or who even Grace is, forget all her brands. So I asked her what did you think of this ad for a fitness app? And she was like "is this one of those fitness apps that use anyone who just has a lot of followers because those girls clearly cannot workout? Or maybe the people who own this app cannot afford real athletes because they're new?" And I said "the people who own this bought a multi million pound house, constantly buys expensive jewelry and branded stuff so they definitely have money." And she was like "maybe because they're doing all those things that they cannot afford real athletes? I feel like real athletes would also not agree to advertise such bad exercises."

So even a completely neutral outside person who knows nothing about Grace and her brands can see right through her. My little sis is also 21. What she also said made me think of Grace vs. people like Krissy and Whitney. Grace is focused on showing off her wealth, her "ethics", her "success" whatever. Like we can assume people like Krissy and Whitney are also making as much as her if not possibly more because they've been active longer and have way more followers, but they're nowhere near boastful. They also invest in their apps / products - always working on it, perfecting it, while also appropriately working out consistently as fitness influencers rather than putting their money into showing off with cartier bracelets and flinging a fendi ring around while threatening to sue people and spewing whataboutisms.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I thought flora lived in Dorset? All her instas have been there for a fair few months now

I just showed Syd & Elle's video to my little sister bc I watched them and thought it was such an awful "ad" for a fitness app imho, they cannot workout for tit and they definitely aren't convincing me to use Shreddy. But I didn't know if I was being biased and wanted a completely neutral opinion. So 1) both of us have no idea who Syd & Elle are 2) my sister has no idea what all this Grace drama is or who even Grace is, forget all her brands. So I asked her what did you think of this ad for a fitness app? And she was like "is this one of those fitness apps that use anyone who just has a lot of followers because those girls clearly cannot workout? Or maybe the people who own this app cannot afford real athletes because they're new?" And I said "the people who own this bought a multi million pound house, constantly buys expensive jewelry and branded stuff so they definitely have money." And she was like "maybe because they're doing all those things that they cannot afford real athletes? I feel like real athletes would also not agree to advertise such bad exercises."

So even a completely neutral outside person who knows nothing about Grace and her brands can see right through her. My little sis is also 21. What she also said made me think of Grace vs. people like Krissy and Whitney. Grace is focused on showing off her wealth, her "ethics", her "success" whatever. Like we can assume people like Krissy and Whitney are also making as much as her if not possibly more because they've been active longer and have way more followers, but they're nowhere near boastful. They also invest in their apps / products - always working on it, perfecting it, while also appropriately working out consistently as fitness influencers rather than putting their money into showing off with cartier bracelets and flinging a fendi ring around while threatening to sue people and spewing whataboutisms.

I couldn't agree with this post any more. It's so true especially when you compare her with Krissy and Whitney. I find Krissy's personality ever so slightly annoying but could never say she is braggy at all. Same with Whitney, she's the most humble person I just want to hug and you're right she must have so much money even from her youtube video views alone but especially now she has an app too. Anything Whitney puts her name to I'd want to support because she just seems lovely and never shows off her wealth like Grace does.

Also your sister is right I don't get why Shreddy doesn't have actual fitness people who make fitness content ambassadors rather than people like Olivia Bowen? Similar to the way Gymshark picks their athletes. I've never watched an episode of Love Island and when I saw Olivia advertising on the Shreddy instastories I just thought this girl looks like she knows nothing about fitness... why would this make me want to download this workout app?! I haven't actually seen Syd and Ells video because I know it'll just annoy me right now especially when they've been so bad at promoting before but if their actual form on the exercises is that bad it sounds like it'll be a pretty good video just to laugh at! :ROFLMAO: 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I thought flora lived in Dorset? All her instas have been there for a fair few months now
No I think she lives in London but goes to where her boyfriend/ boyfriends parents live on weekends (Dorset) or when she doesn’t need to be in London. I watched one of her videos with her bf and they are looking to buy somewhere in Bristol. I don’t know about her flat in London though.

If their parents did help Grace buy her house I wonder about Violet and Alice? Are they going to buy a house soon too... I also did some digging and found out Alice had some sort of internship at the VA museum... where her mum works... can’t even make it up at this point 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I may be in the minority here but I really don’t think her parents had to give her money for the house deposit, as others have speculated. I’m sure they were involved in the process of her finding and closing on the house, and maybe involved legally, but it’s not far fetched to assume that she had 360,000 pounds to spend on that house. Think about how many streams of income she has had in the industry for five years. It’s been stated in the thread before that her gym shark sponsorship could’ve been in the six figures. Even if it was “only” five figures, she also had sponsorships from bulk powders and life sum. What if each of those were in the five figure range? Not to mention, the girl probably barely dished out money for groceries considering that she was constantly sent ready meals, protein bars, yogurts, etc while in uni. Plus she is constantly being gifted jewelry, press on nails, makeup, face wash, clothes, athletic wear... you have to wonder what she actually had to buy herself. Think about how many fans probably clicked on her affiliate links, which give her a cut of any purchases they made. Think about how YouTube probably sent her a few hundred for each video based on the amount of views they got. And her fancy internship that covered a good chunk of her uni costs. And then, she also launched bnd and tala while in uni!!!! She has mentioned they both have had millions in sales, so it’s safe to say she likely has made a few hundred thousands off that. Oh, and I just remembered her original gracefituk guides that had little to no overhead cost and were basically pure profit.

I am by no means defending her. I just think assuming her parents are supporting her financially detracts from the fact that she has made hundreds of thousands of pounds from questionable practices that require young girls who idolize her to dish out their hard earned money to feed her lifestyle in the name of ethics and eco friendly consumerism. I definitely recognize that her privileged background has helped her get here, but at this point, it’s clear Grace has in fact made a TON of money from greenwashing and duping people who have little fitness experience.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.