Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also she hasn’t even finished the book? Surely if she was really writing it 100% herself she’d be working on it now? This is just further evidence that it’s at most 50% her input imo
Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 13.01.06.png

This was from yesterday from the plane. So she has barely started on the book and she is already going to take one or two weeks away from it since she seems to be stuck (something that obviously is a normal part of the process). I just find her reaction amusing because she has already put in significantly less effort than "normal" writers, people that don't even get to see their proposal being fought over in an auction after their first attempt at writing a book, and she is already wanting to "scream" at it. Yes sweetie, writing a book is bleeping hard work. I understand it must be difficult considering the fact that your work schedule is a literal joke. You got this deal handed to you on a platter, the hard work has to start some time.

I feel genuinely sorry for whoever needs to proof read her writing. RIP to their brain cells. Ironic that reading her book on productivity will be the most unproductive waste of time ever

Reactions: 14
View attachment 218309

This was from yesterday from the plane. So she has barely started on the book and she is already going to take one or two weeks away from it since she seems to be stuck (something that obviously is a normal part of the process). I just find her reaction amusing because she has already put in significantly less effort than "normal" writers, people that don't even get to see their proposal being fought over in an auction after their first attempt at writing a book, and she is already wanting to "scream" at it. Yes sweetie, writing a book is bleeping hard work. I understand it must be difficult considering the fact that your work schedule is a literal joke. You got this deal handed to you on a platter, the hard work has to start some time.

I feel genuinely sorry for whoever needs to proof read her writing. RIP to their brain cells. Ironic that reading her book on productivity will be the most unproductive waste of time ever
She acts as if she’s writing a uni essay, writers spend years on books, 4 hours of editing a chapter (while en route to a holiday) is hardly impressive

Reactions: 24
Not that getting a 2:1 is bad AT ALL, but surely if you’re writing a book you’re coming from an expert place of how to be productive and balance things. She didn’t get a first and her businesses were largely outsourced/have so many issues so how can she give advice on how to be really productive and effective with your work when hers are all second rate? Again just want to restate getting a 2:1 at uni isnt bad, it’s very very good, but also I don’t see how anyone has the nerve to write a book on anything unless they’re absolutely nailed it (which in my eyes Is her getting the first she was aiming for but didn’t get because her productive techniques clearly aren’t that useful)

Reactions: 22
Not that getting a 2:1 is bad AT ALL, but surely if you’re writing a book you’re coming from an expert place of how to be productive and balance things. She didn’t get a first and her businesses were largely outsourced/have so many issues so how can she give advice on how to be really productive and effective with your work when hers are all second rate? Again just want to restate getting a 2:1 at uni is bad, it’s very very good, but also I don’t see how anyone has the nerve to write a book on anything unless they’re absolutely nailed it (which in my eyes Is her getting the first she was aiming for but didn’t get because her productive techniques clearly aren’t that useful)
Exactly this. She has a hugely overinflated ego though and thinks she's the crème de la crème. Whenever she makes a mistake, it's never her fault.

Reactions: 9
Exactly this. She has a hugely overinflated ego though and thinks she's the crème de la crème. Whenever she makes a mistake, it's never her fault.
I really think she just pitched the idea of a book and is now coming up with ideas to fill it, when it should be the other way round. Just more crap to add to her LinkedIn

Reactions: 10
at least bcs grace clearly hasnt been informed that theres a pandemic then she hasnt brought out tala face masks - presumably made in china, ripping at seams after a couple wears, branding covering the whole face, claims theyre sustainable - its the whole worlds loss rly

• Haha
Thread title suggestion: ‘my white privilege I’ll ignore. Global pandemic holidays? I want more!

or

‘my TALA leggings are bound to rip. Global pandemic? Time for another trip!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Getting carried away now maybe I should write a book on thread titles: ‘All my work is done by gleam. Don’t tell me to pay my workers, you’re being mean’

(Although i do love the one above so accurate @ceecee454 )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
New thread title suggestion:
Another holiday for the sustainable “CEO” because all her work is done by gleam and genflow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Not that getting a 2:1 is bad AT ALL, but surely if you’re writing a book you’re coming from an expert place of how to be productive and balance things. She didn’t get a first and her businesses were largely outsourced/have so many issues so how can she give advice on how to be really productive and effective with your work when hers are all second rate? Again just want to restate getting a 2:1 at uni isnt bad, it’s very very good, but also I don’t see how anyone has the nerve to write a book on anything unless they’re absolutely nailed it (which in my eyes Is her getting the first she was aiming for but didn’t get because her productive techniques clearly aren’t that useful)
You've hit the nail on the HEAD.

I even think you can totally write a book about your failures etc even if you've not nailed it - but that involves a level of self awareness she absolutely doesn't have. And she's not old enough or experienced enough to see how her actions are ACTUALLY going to pan out.

I'm tempted to email Penguin and ask why they're commissioning books from more mediocre, blonde, white semi-celebs, instead of focussing on BIPOC authors, who ACTUALLY have something to add to how we see the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Getting carried away now maybe I should write a book on thread titles: ‘All my work is done by gleam. Don’t tell me to pay my workers, you’re being mean’

(Although i do love the one above so accurate @ceecee454 )
You’ll def be in a bidding war with at least 9 publishers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Grace got her book inspo and title from selling sunset 👀 heard it here first x

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.