Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those slip dresses really, really aren't flattering on her

I don't intend to hate you in anyway but I don't think we should get carried away with the argument and start commenting about the way she looks. Idgaf what she wears but I do care if she is deceiving her customers. If we make comments like this it can distract and devalue against what is a very valid argument about an influencer misusing their power.

I hope that makes sense. I do think you are entitled to your own opinion however

Definitely. If she thinks people are fed up with her because she's making money, eh its not that. There's plenty people making money, most people get it that businesses exist to make money. She is just pretty vocal about social and environmental issues but doesn't follow the principles in her own life. And she's loud at critising others for not doing the right thing, but herself she's holier than thou
Exactly. So she should just be honest. Drop the sustainability label and the CEO label because she doesn't deserve it OR do the hardwork and actually earn those labels like others in the field had to do

• Heart
Reactions: 23
^ Yeah agreed, I don’t really care for reading catty comments about her body, skin etc… I get it’s a ~gossip~ forum but it's quite weird to read insightful criticisms about her business then suddenly people are talking about her tits lol.
Definitely. If she thinks people are fed up with her because she's making money, eh its not that. There's plenty people making money, most people get it that businesses exist to make money. She is just pretty vocal about social and environmental issues but doesn't follow the principles in her own life. And she's loud at critising others for not doing the right thing, but herself she's holier than thou
And I think this is why she finds herself kind of stuck - she has spent a long term curating her sustainability and social justice image, but it's obvious she is also very drawn to the elite wealthy lifestyle which doesn't correspond with those ideals. She has even gone as far to say she thinks she would be a 'good' billionaire, which I think indicates how far her progressive politics are willing to go. It's classic basic white feminism to believe in the idea that you can fix the gender inequalities caused by capitalism by working with capitalism, i.e. that somehow having more girl boss CEOs at the top will trickle down benefits to women at the bottom.

I think she is going to be producing more content which embraces making money and building a business because she is obviously hoping to scale up TALA/BND, but there's a limit to how much you can scale up without sacrifices to sustainability.

Reactions: 21
As much as I dislike her I really do want to see the house... shameful about it? 100% Will I still watch with an adblocker on? Absolutely

• Haha
Reactions: 12
^ Yeah agreed, I don’t really care for reading catty comments about her body, skin etc… I get it’s a ~gossip~ forum but it's quite weird to read insightful criticisms about her business then suddenly people are talking about her tits lol.

And I think this is why she finds herself kind of stuck - she has spent a long term curating her sustainability and social justice image, but it's obvious she is also very drawn to the elite wealthy lifestyle which doesn't correspond with those ideals. She has even gone as far to say she thinks she would be a 'good' billionaire, which I think indicates how far her progressive politics are willing to go. It's classic basic white feminism to believe in the idea that you can fix the gender inequalities caused by capitalism by working with capitalism, i.e. that somehow having more girl boss CEOs at the top will trickle down benefits to women at the bottom.

I think she is going to be producing more content which embraces making money and building a business because she is obviously hoping to scale up TALA/BND, but there's a limit to how much you can scale up without sacrifices to sustainability.
I agree with everything you said.

Do you think we should flag something like this up? Like to DietPrada or something else. Like I said before, I am more concerned about the consumers (esp considering most of them aren't super rich) who are losing so much money to a brand that is deceiving them. I know we could say that, just give it time, TALA will slowly fade but (eventhough lots of people are taking noticing) there is still a ton that are not in the complete know.

It took so many years for Reformation's customers to finally become aware of the greenwashing that happened. Even then it took publicising their wrongs to make that happen.

Reactions: 5
I don't intend to hate you in anyway but I don't think we should get carried away with the argument and start commenting about the way she looks. Idgaf what she wears but I do care if she is deceiving her customers. If we make comments like this it can distract and devalue against what is a very valid argument about an influencer misusing their power.

I hope that makes sense. I do think you are entitled to your own opinion however
I don't intend to hate on you in any way but you can't moderate a gossip forum by saying certain topics are forbidden because they're too gossipy.

Reactions: 17
I don't intend to hate on you in any way but you can't moderate a gossip forum by saying certain topics are forbidden because they're too gossipy.
Sorry I didn't mean it like that. Idk perhaps it's because I don't think gossiping is actually worthwhile especially when it's negative comments over someone's body/appearance. I actually came here because I thought it was nice to finally speak to people who were on the same page about the unethical business movements that were going on. And that we could proactively take steps to make stuff happen so that the business can be held accountable.

Perhaps we both just came here with completely different intentions

Reactions: 8

I agree with everything you said here. She is definitely more focused on proving herself as a "self-made young business woman" than focusing on environmental and sustainability issues. Her drawing to elite wealthy lifestyle is really obvious in who she hangs out with, where she spends her time, what she buys, and etc. It actually does injustices to other people out there who are truly focused on sustainability. It's disingenuous. Like many people said before, none of this would actually be so bad if she was just honest with herself and stopped trying to play an ethics game. But many influencers do this - it's what gets them their following, their structured "relatability"

Reactions: 13
I think what is becoming more and more clear, especially after the money aspect in her essays, was that TALA was never (or at least it is no longer) about encouraging sustainability for her but instead the MAIN goal was to make a lot of money. If sustainability was her priority then she would repeatedly do masses amounts of launches, poor quality clothing and manufacturing in China.

Sustainability is clearly just a card she uses whenever it benefits her to do so
She is up there with Lauren Tickner in terms of privileged white girls wanting nothing but more wealth and thinking they are relevant

Reactions: 6
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 06.16.44.png

If you don't like it Grace then change? :rolleyes:

She is up there with Lauren Tickner in terms of privileged white girls wanting nothing but more wealth and thinking they are relevant
YES. Surprised Lauren Tickner hasn't got her own thread tbh.

The fact that she’s lost 4000 followers in the space of 2 weeks gives me hope that people are seeing through the bullshit now
Wow yeah and almost 1k just yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry I didn't mean it like that. Idk perhaps it's because I don't think gossiping is actually worthwhile especially when it's negative comments over someone's body/appearance. I actually came here because I thought it was nice to finally speak to people who were on the same page about the unethical business movements that were going on. And that we could proactively take steps to make stuff happen so that the business can be held accountable.

Yeah I do agree, especially because some of the comments are about grace not posting perfectly flattering pictures but I thought (going by other threads and general opinions) that people want to see more influencers posting real, unedited photos. So what she doesn't look airbrushed and perfect in all of them? That's a good thing surely and when I still liked grace that was one of the things I liked about her-she always showed herself without make-up etc and even though she's a good looking girl she didn't make me feel tit about myself like some other influencers do with their perfect, filter and filler faces and no pore skin. But it is one of the rules of the forum not to tell others what they can and cannot post about. Though I guess it's still fine to have an opinion on it? I'm going to stick to talking about her actions as this is what I find annoying.

Grace has done a podcast called fashion fix-
Would recommend watching. Really highlights her lack of self awareness
-Talks about how honest she is
-Talks about how ethical her family are
-How people with a following like her have a responsibility to be conscious about what they are sharing
-How she couldn’t be showing £100 leggings to her student followers and as a student herself ( you always wore lulus hun)

• Wow
Reactions: 14
There's been an influx of positive responses so I think they've sent out emails again.
‘Leave us trust pilot reviews!2!2!2!’ Yeah Emily still waiting on your response to the tit one

First time poster but I have been reading this these past few days as (ever since the BCAAs launch) I've been skeptical about Grace (although I used to like her a lot).

But there have been some things I have noticed:

- I think she constantly uses labels to boost her ego e.g. Oxford university, boasting about the millions and the house she bought, doing a Harvard online course. The fact that she purposely goes for big labels kind of makes me feel like she's trying to prove herself (and now the possible ted talk - like out all the things you purposely went for the grand label of ted talk). It seems that she is trying to convince both herself and others that she is a smart CEO of sustainable business when sadly none of those things are true when you put the facts in line. It was good to hear someone state how unfair and offensive it is for influences to put themselves under the same category as self made CEOs. They simply have not hussled the same way entrepreneurs do nor do they live by their business the way entrepreneurs do. Instead of trying to see how much she can use the title of being a CEO she should start acting like one and that means taking real, hardcore responsibility.

- she was never (even to this day) completely transparent about big things like Genflow and how her company is in China. It's not that those things are inherently bad but her lack of honestly and being upfront is UNFAIR to her customers. They have a right to be made aware.

Which brings me to my final point and I don't want to sound controversial but I think this should be flagged up. Not for Grace but for the customers who are losing a lot of money out of being deceived.

I think we should publise this somehow so the customers can see. Maybe talk to DietPrada? There is power in numbers so if a lot of us flag it up made DietPrada will listen. It's like how H&M and Reformation is now being scrutinised for their transparency (as they should be). If TALA is really that squeaky clean they should not worry about being properly questioned on their true level of sustainability.
I was thinking angelika oles on YouTube, she writessss notes about the tea she’s going to spill and we can show her the three threads and the well informed article one of the incredible users here write on TALAS/GB questionable ethics

Guess it’s more so she doesn’t look the same in her insta posts to her ‘paparazzi photos’ so of course people are rightfully going to pull that up

And commenting on how someone’s doesn’t look flattering is not a big deal, we all have those days and outfits
We’re not shaming her for looking the way she does

Last edited:
-How people with a following like her have a responsibility to be conscious about what they are sharing
-How she couldn’t be showing £100 leggings to her student followers and as a student herself ( you always wore lulus hun)
Oh god just listened to a bit of it but can't handle it anymore. She's so full of tit it's ridiculous. Took her a bit of time to move away from over consumption... As if she has. Like someone mentioned before, doing hauls and just her buying so many clothes is probably more than normal people buy ever. I don't think I've owned as much clothing in my lifetime as she owns now? I remember she also retweeted something recently about people knowing about unethical fast fashiom practices for years and being shocked about boohoo. Not sure if that implies she's known about it for years, if so, clearly she wasn't bothered when she needed it to make money. Guess she didn't send a message to her family group chat to check, duck me.

Reactions: 7
Oh god just listened to a bit of it but can't handle it anymore. She's so full of tit it's ridiculous. Took her a bit of time to move away from over consumption... As if she has. Like someone mentioned before, doing hauls and just her buying so many clothes is probably more than normal people buy ever. I don't think I've owned as much clothing in my lifetime as she owns now? I remember she also retweeted something recently about people knowing about unethical fast fashiom practices for years and being shocked about boohoo. Not sure if that implies she's known about it for years, if so, clearly she wasn't bothered when she needed it to make money. Guess she didn't send a message to her family group chat to check, duck me.
Yeah I got about halfway through it and I couldn't really stand it anymore. Between the constant self gratifying statements and every five minutes talking about her dog, I just couldn't. Sending a question in the family group chat to ask about how ethical a company is lol give me a break. As it's been mentioned here so many times, she still wears fast fashion to this day even after her rants; I don't know how you can lack so much self awareness it's actually cringey? She wants to minimise her consumption but her walk in closet is bigger than my bedroom??

I was thinking angelika oles on YouTube, she writessss notes about the tea she’s going to spill and we can show her the three threads and the well informed article one of the incredible users here write on TALAS/GB questionable ethics
Angelika literally lifts drama off here, GG and Reddit and has moaned about gossip sites in her videos. She won't care because she's also a privileged white girl more interested in rehashing popular drama for follows (notice how she's always behind drama until it's something like Jefferee Star which will get her thousands of views.)

That's so annoying, I like fashion fix. Might write in and complain tbh.

I haven't even listened to it and it already sounds cringe.

"I'm literally trying to offer someone a job right now that's why I'm being so hectic" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: yeah m done

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I haven't even listened to it and it already sounds cringe.

"I'm literally trying to offer someone a job right now that's why I'm being so hectic" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: yeah m done
Other highlights for me included when she said something like (For context she was talking about when she used to work with unethical brands) “If I’m working with a brand then I’d make them hundreds of thousands of pounds”. Grace come on you’re not that famous. You tagging a £5 PLT bralette wasn’t quite this much of a storm for companies 😅

Her degree is apparently now music and politics, and she feels equipped to be a ceo from it because she’s used to writing 10,000 words a week on subjects she knows nothing about

“you can’t tell someone they’rea bad person if they can’t afford sustainable leggings“

But my absolute favourite “if you’re making activewear it has to be high performance. You can’t just say it is, then rips in one wear because that’s really not sustainable at all”😳😳😳😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Other highlights for me included when she said something like (For context she was talking about when she used to work with unethical brands) “If I’m working with a brand then I’d make them hundreds of thousands of pounds”. Grace come on you’re not that famous. You tagging a £5 PLT bralette wasn’t quite this much of a storm for companies 😅

Her degree is apparently now music and politics, and she feels equipped to be a ceo from it because she’s used to writing 10,000 words a week on subjects she knows nothing about

“you can’t tell someone they’rea bad person if they can’t afford sustainable leggings“

But my absolute favourite “if you’re making activewear it has to be high performance. You can’t just say it is, then rips in one wear because that’s really not sustainable at all”😳😳😳😳
Yeah also when she listed stuff about her course, music and politics "specialising in" then listed all the stuff she did at uni. Going by that I specialise in a lot of things I had to do for my undergraduate degree 😂 like just because you did a semester on something doesn't mean you "specialise" in it

Reactions: 16
Yeah also when she listed stuff about her course, music and politics "specialising in" then listed all the stuff she did at uni. Going by that I specialise in a lot of things I had to do for my undergraduate degree 😂 like just because you did a semester on something doesn't mean you "specialise" in it
She’s really trying to sound like something she’s not. Music is one of the easiest degrees to get into oxford. I’m sure she’d be capable of learning about business etc if she took the time to educate herself before trying to use the lingo and act like she’s qualified, but she doesn’t. Again, bringing up Krissy she did a law degree so hasn’t had experience in business either. But the difference is she knows her strengths and brings that to a team, rather than trying to talk the talk and act like a know it all.

grace’s pride and ego really will be and already has been her downfall. She also needs to stop pretending to be pro labour because I remember her endlessly complaining about how much she gets taxed which will only increase under a labour government. the only thing she’s CEO of is knowing how to con impressionable young girls

Saw that TALA said this on TrustPilot in response to someone saying the clothes only said they were hand finished in Portugal so they’re not sure they’re completely sustainable and ethical. Turkey??? Grace has kept quiet about that one

Attachments

• Wow

omggggg i didnt even make it far past the part where they literally just sat down and they can't stop talking about how ziggy is on the bed. SHE'S SO INTO HERSELF HOLY tit!!!!!!!!!! This is insane. And ya those companies are making hundreds of thousands of pounds by sponsoring or affiliating every influencer who cries happy tears to be gifted clothes from them.

And omg that last one.

Ok now I really want Diet Prada to expose her lol.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.