Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whether they're getting paid a decent amount or not in China / Turkey, the environment is not good from no protection of payment, harassment (verbal and sexual predominately), no set breaks, 16 hour + shifts, no insurance and people are forced to slave away. Disgusting when you claim to be so sustainable, it irks me so much!
Yeah there are big studies on major garment factories in Hong Kong and their exploitation. They are also known to fake codes of conduct so who knows whether or not whatever factory Grace is using has given her truthful and accurate documentation. Here is an excerpt from an Oxfam study in 2004 on conditions in Hong Kong factories. TALA is very possibly just another typical western company that outsources its labour to Asia but lies about its sustainability and resistance to slave labour .
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.10.17 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
In the mood to make an instagram to mention all of this ... nows the perfect time but my oh my where do we begin?!

Reactions: 6
those “discounts” are absolutely shocking. This isn’t sustainable. This is making profit out of loyal fans on items that should be 50% off or more...! Imagine going into Topshop and paying £1 less for a stained item? Blows my mind people have lapped this up

Reactions: 11
Are they just never gonna acknowledge the leaf cloths being made in China then? It literally says on the label ‘made in China’ yet up until today everything was made in portugal🤔

Reactions: 6
Are they just never gonna acknowledge the leaf cloths being made in China then? It literally says on the label ‘made in China’ yet up until today everything was made in portugal🤔
Do any of you guys also know how she literally plagerised those leaf cloths from a small brand she used to use and support, Dearest Fannie? Just wondering if that is common knowledge or if that's just me because I tried to bring awareness on that on Tala's instagram and no one responded. I actually discovered Dearest Fannie bc of Grace.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Is she going to post on her story that she's time blocked 9-5 for damage control? She's so keen to brag about her work life as a CEO I'd have thought her being the transparent kween that she is would've let her audience know how busy she must be today.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do any of you guys also know how she literally plagerised those leaf cloths from a small brand she used to use and support, Dearest Fannie? Just wondering if that is common knowledge or if that's just me because I tried to bring awareness on that on Tala's instagram and no one responded. I actually discovered Dearest Fannie bc of Grace.
Whaat! Is there anywhere we can read about what happened or are you able to talk about this in more detail?

@Nally_taylor an Instagram is a great idea, I think the hashtags work better there and would give more visibility to the issues. you could even have highlights for each issue

Reactions: 3
Ok now i rlly wanna make an insta

Reactions: 1
Whaat! Is there anywhere we can read about what happened or are you able to talk about this in more detail?

@Nally_taylor an Instagram is a great idea, I think the hashtags work better there and would give more visibility to the issues. you could even have highlights for each issue
So I just connected it this way: in this video, Grace mentioned this Dearest Fannie cloth which is really sustainable and you literally use water on it and your make up is gone. It's because of her mentioning this is why I bought Dearest Fannie cloths. Dearest Fannie even posted how they were so glad she mentioned it. So when she came out with those same cloths, I was like.....what? But back then I liked her and gave her all my benefit of doubt and thought it was like "oh many people probably make this so it must be fine." But no I've only seen it from Dearest Fannie and Tala. I have not seen anyone make this connection nor did I see Dearest Fannie call her out.
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.25.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.29.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.27.57 PM.png

• Angry
Reactions: 1
they’ve finally reduced it.... to £27.90!! Actually disgusting to give just £2.10 off an item that may be irreversibly damaged - not even 10% discount, it’s laughable
There's no "may" about it. They've obviously tried getting rid of the stain but cant

Reactions: 3
It's actually really sad, whether it's Grace or GenFlow it doesn't really matter but she is taking advantage of the people who have got her where she is today. What's worse is it's not too long ago that she was essentially content creator for Kayla Itsines. She has been in these girls shoes and she has advocated for her sister in the past for not getting paid by businesses for content. When the shoe is on the other foot and she is having to take money out of her pocket she isn't quite so vocal.

She has taken advantage of young girls who maybe aren't as experienced in business and understanding the importance of contracts for her own gain. These girls hang on her every word, many have grown up with her on insta/ youtube/ fitness world so they get blinded by her 'influence' that don't think that they have every right to demand fair compensation for their work. What is incredibly short sighted of her is that I think a lot of these girls would have been perfectly happy with maybe a free band and a mention in a video. Not that I think this is ok but had she not been so greedy she might not have had to pay them at all!

Very very ironic that such a vocal advocate of social justice and staunch labour supporter is behaving like the worst type of capitalist.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.