Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenvelvet

VIP Member

It says that TALA argued Grace creating a TikTok playlist called “aggressive marketing” for all the TALA stuff (amongst other things) should have been enough for people to tell it was her brand. I might be wrong about this but didn’t Grace literally do that in response to Alice calling her out in the first place? Does anyone have a better memory than me lol

Reactions: 28

emm

VIP Member
i’ve had friends with similar personalities to grace, and with all of them it’s been very male centred- i’d only see them if their boyfriends/partners were busy, they weren’t on good terms or if they wanted to share how amazing their life/relationship was going. it all seemed very transactional and also like they expected me to listen to how great everything is, or rant about the latest drama after paying for my meal/coffee etc. as a woman you very quickly realise what “friends” want you for, and i can’t imagine it would be hard with grace to figure out.
Remember when she had that dinner with her single friends (when she was with a bf) and they all had to bring tinder dates? It's like rubbing it in she had a boyfriend and using them as entertainment. Utterly bizarre imo

• Wow

Guccigal

Chatty Member
I didn’t realise tala had so many staff members, as per her story. I used to work for a mediumish business where the ceo was super involved and it was absolutely hell. CEOs can be so insufferable and will treat the office like their personal playground when for everyone else this is just any other job.

I always hate the dynamic where you feel you have to play along or entertain it because they’re obviously the boss. Lots of people used to bitch about the ceo and how annoying they were, most preferred when they didn’t come to the office.

knowing grace, I can bet she’s like that in the office and ignorantly thinks everyone finds her so cool and so so funny. Esp if her slack messages and screenshots are anything to go by

iz157

They are BOLD for quickly moving onto promoting another collection with no models above a size small again. The top liked comments on the launch post are all criticising, seems people are finally starting to see through their bullshit

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
This part of the article is interesting. I thought it wasn’t an influencer brand and stood alone with its success completely independent of the fact Grace is the founder? 🤨
I think the ASA stuff makes that so interesting. A lot of influencers want to "scale" their businesses to be solely independent of their identity and names - that's how they (and much of the public) consider it a "true" business and not an influencer one but the ASA regulations and enforcement literally make that impossible. I love this though because it's clown af for influencers to profit and market off of their following only to pretend that their influencer role had nothing to do with the business's "success".

FDR97

Chatty Member
Am I grumpy or is this just pure ick and not cute at all? If you're walking back home alone at night in London, then of course it's normal for your partner to ask if they can give you a lift home and to tell you to get home safe. But at 3pm?!

This feels like he is infantilizing her - and not to get too deep, but infantilization in relationships is ultimately about control. Hopefully this is just a weird exchange of messages and their whole relationship isn't like this, but the caption implies this is a regular thing. A get home safe message at 3pm... weird.
I think the fact they use baby that much in a short sequence of messages, implies they have a REALLY weird dynamic in their relationship. We knew it was odd anyway but I’ve never seen people use baby that much

AshM

These new clothing items are coming so fast! It seems every time I check Tala there is another new launch
It’s ridiculous! They were an active brand and now I’m not really sure what they are?! These jeans aren’t doing things for her height
IMG_3970.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

ramble1234

is it just me or does she actually have no friends? i’ve seen her sisters and her employees turned housemates but no actual good female friends? or even male at this point- seems like she’s definitely the ditch her friends at the first sight of a man which isn’t a surprise but quite sad all the same. saying that i don’t remember her doing anything but sit in her uni room until the boyfriend of the moment appeared so maybe a common theme???

LucilleSi

I'm sorry but if I bought "shapewear" that makes these kind of rolls on the waist and the awful clench on the hips, I would abcolutely hate it. I carry some extra cms on the hip and belly area and these would look just awful on me. Get a model with a belly or some fat on hips if you dare, Tala 💩
1000008119.jpg
1000008121.jpg

Reactions: 27

betty14

No I’m sorry this is such a BS excuse. “The shapewear industry exists.”
Yeah no shit, Sherlock. Doesn’t mean you have to PERSONALLY profit off it 🤷‍♀️

Also why does have to always barge in with her personal account as soon as there’s even the slightest hint of criticism? Like let your team do their work, it’s part of the job.
I’m a fan of the commenters reply as well, bringing up the lack of diversity from Tala recently.Feels like a big u turn from where they started

Guccigal

Chatty Member
I'm surprised that Tala is still doing well despite all the glaring issues - not actually sustainable, overpriced considering the quality/where it's made, not size inclusive, people complained about the items ripping and not getting refunds at one point. Surely there are better brands out there. Are her team just really good at hiding it all?
I think they’re doing well BECAUSE of those issues. Her fans couldn’t give a crap about sustainability or people over a size 10 being able to purchase. They’re the same as Grace, just lip service and pretending to care. I think Grace and co realised they have enough obsessed fans to not have to be so niche and they’ll wave away the few complaints with corporate talk or big bully grace with her Oxford degree

they give such tacky fast fashion vibes now. For that price I’d rather buy from a more established brand or one with a less irritating wonder

• Heart

Guccigal

Chatty Member
She looks like she scrolls Pinterest and just recreates the first look she sees. She has no personal style, just endless money to buy every microtrend

samanthajoness

Said like she doesn’t have multiple hair/nail etc appointments in the middle of work days most weeks… *most weeks being the odd week she actually happens to be in the country and not on holiday so maybe these things do actually feel really spread out and unusual for her*

Attachments

• Haha

loval

I would love to see this reel for the weeks she released the sculpt wear and the trench 💀
My thoughts exactly! I'm sorry, but the whole "the room was too small, so we had to spend three grand to get a bigger one"...my heart bleeds for you Grace. I'm sure they do segments on Comic Relief about this kind of awful injustice.

It sounded like the whole thing was just terribly planned to be honest. Wrong room, should have had multiple cars for A SHOOT WITH A CAR, wrong transport method for stock... She can post about productivity all she likes but being productive does not mean making the right decisions / being good at your job / ensuring others know what they're doing

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Grace getting ready to DISRUPT the industry again with striped trousers that you can currently purchase anywhere. I simply can’t keep up with this girls creative flair and innovation 😍😍

• Haha

PostiveVibezOnly

Why on earth, as an actual millionaire, would you insist on exclusively wearing clothes that are at least 2 sizes too big.
Also this is not a Tala trench?! 👀
IMG_0973.jpeg

• Haha

PostiveVibezOnly

Oh Grace! Renting a big ass car, displaying an endless array of plastic cups, launching yet another product that is anything but innovative.
Watch her post about Earth Day today 🙃

• Haha

buffyjayne

Chatty Member
We need laws on gifting and free pr stays etc... They should be seen has being handed money and should be taxed somehow.
"The more you accept for free the less ....Or the more you have to ...."
I don't know I'm not smart enough to think of it, but I'm sure there is someone out there that could. Or better yet we stop that free stuff all together ! When you have to pay for stuff, a lot of the frivolous things lose their appeal.