Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
Here is Alice’s response to the ruling:
Wow, Grace actually paid a solicitor to send this woman a threatening letter?! We all know she can’t handle criticism but this is another level. Really find it hard to believe she works as hard as she claims when she’s busying herself watching TikToks from small creators and sending them legal threats.

Alice’s response was great, particularly where she highlights how out of order Grace was by pulling the “women shouldn’t bring down women” card. It’s ironic because that argument is more relevant to Grace: she leveraged her power (i.e. wealth and influence) to silence a smaller female content creator, when she could’ve just ignored it and gone about her day.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

klarigold

What is it about him that gives you scummy vibes? / I don't actually know much about him tbf so have 0 clue - he just seems like he's older? But beyond that hasn't done anything offensive? Could be mistaken though.
I think a 38 year old guy dating a 25 year old millionaire and proposing within a year is pretty questionable...

Reactions: 54

ceecee454

Chatty Member
it’s interesting that she’s had PCOS all this time
yet only chose to medicate in the run up to her wedding 🤔 and doubly interesting that the chosen medication is correlated with weight loss. and triply interesting that she’s marketing her weight loss as attributable to her weight loss guides
such an ethical babe x

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Such a weird take, I think what influencers also forget is it IS different if you make a platform first as an influencer, where you share your life and sell adverts, create a whole following based on that and THEN decide to create your “own brand” where you are milking them existing followers like cash cows. The brand would not have been able to exist had you not been an influencer. It literally grows with fans saying shit like “so happy to support you 🥹” they’d buy ANYTHING

Why are you mentioning Victoria beckham, her brand is called Victoria beckham, pretty sure that is clear and obvious 😂

Richard Branson is only famous BECAUSS he created virgin. And these people aren’t also intertwining hello fresh ads between their posts.

Actually funny how much second hand promo Ben Francis gets from Greg and stans trying to bring him down 😂 I’ve never seen Ben doing a video of him trying on all his T-shirts telling the audience how the material is so buttery, similar to skims, much cheaper price point, best product out there.

Grace hasn’t been criticised for simply talking about her businesses. It’s the way she does the most aggressive sales pitch for them where the purpose is solely to get you to buy all of those products 🙄 she’s not being asked to take down obnoxious videos of ringing bells for reaching a million pound in sales (though honestly I found that far more offensive) because it’s not “selling”

opopoto

They’ve unpinned their reel about the average UK woman being a size 16 and about their size inclusivity project since this launch … not sus at all

• Wow
  • Haha

July9696

Chatty Member

Probably not the way she hoped to make the news 🎉🎉
I can’t believe she had the audacity to make the case that she doesn’t need to advertise because she assumes people already know who she is.

If I’m scrolling tiktok and one of her vids pops up with her showing one of her pieces and it doesn’t say ad then I don’t know it’s an ad do I? That’s all it comes down to! Is she that dense?

“In case it isn’t overtly clear” ???
why would it be? She’s an influencer with a brand, why would anyone know who she is 💀

Reactions: 50

mindlessness

VIP Member
Glad someone’s brought this up, very interested to see if they respond as this is something I’ve never understood 🧐
That word choice is very passive 'When we began our size expansion journey, we understood that our seamless products...are not technically possible to make in our full size range due to limitations in our factory partner's machinery'. Okay, well once you 'understood' that why not find a diff factory partner as part of your 'journey' then? Other brands manage to make seamless clothes above an XL just fine.

Also 'size expansion journey' is such a wank of a phrase.

Reactions: 48

klarigold

No I’m sorry this is such a BS excuse. “The shapewear industry exists.”
Yeah no shit, Sherlock. Doesn’t mean you have to PERSONALLY profit off it 🤷‍♀️
"No one is promoting the need for anything, the tobacco industry exists and has done for years, and talking about efficacy of a product your selling is important for people to be able to make purchasing decisions. We didn't invent smoking, and for people who love it, there should be better options and that's what we're aiming to provide. Creating cigarettes and not talking about what they do I don't think would be possible, but for anyone who doesn't smoke, there is absolutely no need to 💕"

Just an example of how cracked her argument is... you're profiting from it either way babes. She's just a greedy capitalist and it's honestly so boring.

Reactions: 48

Mystery07

Really not the flex she thinks it is. The only reason she can do this not because of her success as a businesswoman but because she’s a white woman with generational wealth; she’s generally a non threatening person to the Tory government. She’s an upper middle class woman that advocates for surface-level equality but glosses over economic and class struggles - like most Tories.

The thing is, she could actually use that privilege to advocate for people who need it but instead she’s going to use this time to advocate for women to become billionaires more easily. She’s not doing any good work here; the Tories will love her for wanting to encourage more people getting super rich.
What would 2 private and Oxford educated people have to discuss about financial inclusion?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

LittlePea

Chatty Member
Sorry but I find her reposting this incredibly icky and irresponsible.

I hope to god there’s not a poor bunch of women lapping this up, buying this garbage and wondering why it’s not working for them.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 47

HaveSomeMilk

Chatty Member
Grace's comment on the ASA's decision from the article:

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 12.06.55.png

From what she's said it would appear that she still thinks she's right and that it didn't constitute an Ad or she still feels that she already disclosed sufficiently her connection with Tala... I don't get why she's being so intentionally dim on this? If she wasn't trying to sell the coat, for example, she would have never made the TikTok/Reel? It's not at all the same as just talking naturally about her work online. She specifically wants people to buy the coat.

Reactions: 46

kendallandkylie

"I have been pondering effervescently over the incredulous response to our perfectly designed (DON'T DARE INSULT OUR DESIGNERS 😡) underwear shapewear and I am confounded over all of your misunderstanding. We are a TINY TINY company. No company has ever been smaller than us. You should be thanking us for giving you body dysmorphia - it's such a long word so it must be good. Here's some additional enlogated vocabulary for your encephalon. We won't do better but we'll pretend and you'll buy from us again. I will be taking my fifth holiday of the year to process this while my overworked staff respond to your emails and ask their parents to top up our dismal salaries so they can pay rent for their houseshare in Clapham."

• Haha
Reactions: 46

thisisntreal

Their response to these comments is so patronising - every single person is saying they can’t even get the thing on and they’re just like “shapewear is difficult to put on hun have you tried putting it over your hips ❤”. They’re also asking people to only pull on the heavy support areas so their shitty product doesn’t rip.

If every single customer is having the same problem it’s hardly because they aren’t used to shapewear; there’s obviously a problem with the product. Not surprised - Grace looked comical wearing it, there’s no way anyone could realistically wear that thing for any length of time.
At least the comments girlies are coming through with snarky replies befitting of such a stupid response from Tala. This is my favourite:

1711269940218.png

• Haha
Reactions: 45