Grace Beverley #20 Only 20 holidays per year, what a stressful career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking this yesterday, like it’s got to the point where womens clothes for doing exercise like swimwear and activewear have to be ‘flattering, snatched, synched, sculpting, like shape wear, like a bbl’ etc, rather than being practical and comfortable. Are we teaching women that we have to be synched and have our ass and boobs out all the time to look and feel good? (I know it’s not that deep but it’s definitely an interesting topic especially when you consider the impact on young girls:unsure:)
I actually do think it's a big deal! If the only way to be well-dressed in fitness gear is to wear tight stuff that gives the appearance of big boobs, a big bum and a tiny waist, I think it makes fitness more inaccessible because it increases pressure that you should look a certain way when you exercise.

It suggests that plus size women, women with wide waists or small boobs or flat bums that their natural bodies must be re-shaped to look stylish in activewear. Meanwhile, the lady from that TikTok genuinely looks really nice without the need to 'cinch' anything in or lift her boobs etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I was thinking this yesterday, like it’s got to the point where womens clothes for doing exercise like swimwear and activewear have to be ‘flattering, snatched, synched, sculpting, like shape wear, like a bbl’ etc, rather than being practical and comfortable. Are we teaching women that we have to be synched and have our ass and boobs out all the time to look and feel good? (I know it’s not that deep but it’s definitely an interesting topic especially when you consider the impact on young girls:unsure:)
It is that deep and it’s not what I want my little girls growing up around.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
“We don’t have many units of anything in this collection.”

She doesn’t understand how sustainable businesses operate, does she? Look at somewhere like Organic Basics. They don’t do ‘collections’ or ‘limited edition’. They sell a variety of staple products in a few colours and that’s that - they keep consistent stock levels going to avoid all this overconsumption caused by FOMO. Sometimes items sell out, but they come back.

Her whole approach is in line with fast fashion, even if she *is* using recycled materials. Buying a whole bunch of clothing every 5 mins is not sustainable, regardless of what it’s made from. 🙄

Reactions: 27
I actually do think it's a big deal! If the only way to be well-dressed in fitness gear is to wear tight stuff that gives the appearance of big boobs, a big bum and a tiny waist, I think it makes fitness more inaccessible because it increases pressure that you should look a certain way when you exercise.

It suggests that plus size women, women with wide waists or small boobs or flat bums that their natural bodies must be re-shaped to look stylish in activewear. Meanwhile, the lady from that TikTok genuinely looks really nice without the need to 'cinch' anything in or lift her boobs etc etc
exactly and the focus when you are exercising shouldnt be about how you look

Reactions: 9
For someone who had a skin cancer scare she is talking a lot about how the swim collection was designed for good tan lines.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
“We don’t have many units of anything in this collection.”

She doesn’t understand how sustainable businesses operate, does she? Look at somewhere like Organic Basics. They don’t do ‘collections’ or ‘limited edition’. They sell a variety of staple products in a few colours and that’s that - they keep consistent stock levels going to avoid all this overconsumption caused by FOMO. Sometimes items sell out, but they come back.

Her whole approach is in line with fast fashion, even if she *is* using recycled materials. Buying a whole bunch of clothing every 5 mins is not sustainable, regardless of what it’s made from. 🙄
48BFFCBA-76DA-418B-900F-4C69D120C05C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Grace can flash her cash around all she wants. But she’ll never experience genuine friendship. I hope she continues to live an empty life in all honesty. Shoving your designer dog on to other people because he’s no longer a puppy is disgusting. It always winds me up having worked in a rescue centre we had countless designer dogs handed into us when they were around a year old.

Reactions: 16
Just had a little snoop on insta and it looks like all the comments about the stolen designs have been deleted? Unless I’m being stupid

Just had a little snoop on insta and it looks like all the comments about the stolen designs have been deleted? Unless I’m being stupid
Ignore me! I was looking on the wrong photo 😂

Reactions: 1
Ignore me if I’m wrong, but if an influencer is talking about their own brand on their stories so it’s not technically an ‘ad’ but could still generate profit, aren’t they required to state this?

I’ve seen a few Instagrammers put disclaimers like ‘My own brand’ or ‘Ad - my brand’ to cover themselves, so not sure why Grace thinks she’s the exception if that’s the rule.

Reactions: 15
Not ONE of those swimsuits would be appropriate for swimming for fitness.

But you're a brand for gymwear, right Grace?

0E055799-D93C-4D5F-A1E1-CCCD95225E53.jpeg

These schedules still absolutely BLOW MY MIND. Surely she is just trolling at this point with the amount of times she uses the word approvals?

Imagine being a Tala employee and you’ve got Grace just sauntering in on launch day after her 8th holiday of the year and she immediately starts with her stupid little schedules to make herself look busy. Nice 3:15 finish as well 🤣 She is a parody of herself at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1380741
These schedules still absolutely BLOW MY MIND. Surely she is just trolling at this point with the amount of times she uses the word approvals?

Imagine being a Tala employee and you’ve got Grace just sauntering in on launch day after her 8th holiday of the year and she immediately starts with her stupid little schedules to make herself look busy. Nice 3:15 finish as well 🤣 She is a parody of herself at this point
And working in the fact she worked "quite a lot" while on holiday. 🙄 please. She is a joke.

• Haha
Ignore me if I’m wrong, but if an influencer is talking about their own brand on their stories so it’s not technically an ‘ad’ but could still generate profit, aren’t they required to state this?

I’ve seen a few Instagrammers put disclaimers like ‘My own brand’ or ‘Ad - my brand’ to cover themselves, so not sure why Grace thinks she’s the exception if that’s the rule.
Heres a v handy flowchart from the ASA that would suggest it’s a bit of a grey area because you could say it’s immediately obvious that it’s an ad. Especially in this case when she’s wearing a new product on the day it launches. Sometimes I feel like people use #myownbrand as a bit of a humblebrag (Zanna and her Stay Wealthy Swimwear springs to mind) but I’m sure others would use it out of caution.

96AE2DE0-459C-42A5-8FAD-3AF555419E7C.jpeg

Idk whether anyone‘s reported any other influencers for this? Seems weirdly wishy washy when all the other guidance from the ASA is so clear, as this one is really all about perception ie. do you know X influencer owns Y brand?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.