Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad you’ve said this I was thinking about downloading her app but wasn’t sure. I usually weight train and have a good understanding about progressive overloading.

Struggling without weights at home though so need some fresh ideas. Might give it a go!
Failing downloading the app, everyone I know is on the Body by Ciara wave right now and are all looking 👌🏿 nice girl and you can see she’s a person with who knows her stuff with that good a body!

Reactions: 3
Failing downloading the app, everyone I know is on the Body by Ciara wave right now and are all looking 👌🏿 nice girl and you can see she’s a person with who knows her stuff with that good a body!
Having a good body isn't a PT qualification...

Having a good body isn't a PT qualification...
... Ciara is qualified though?
And although not all great PTs have good bodies, if your PT has the shape you want it’s a good indication they can help you achieve it, too.

Reactions: 5
... Ciara is qualified though?
And although not all great PTs have good bodies, if your PT has the shape you want it’s a good indication they can help you achieve it, too.
She is qualified. And she’s a lovely person too

slightly off topic but did anyone see grace’s sister flora’s post? I came across it on this tweet and I’m flabbergasted. the privilege is astounding.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18

slightly off topic but did anyone see grace’s sister flora’s post? I came across it on this tweet and I’m flabbergasted. the privilege is astounding.
I actually do quite like Flora, I find her content on instagram and youtube generally a lot more interesting and valuable than Grace's, however this definitely misses the mark. She has apologised in the comments, but then shared 6 black creators on her story to go follow. I think somebody mentioned this on Demi Donnelly's thread but it feels patronising when white influencers are mass sharing POC to show they 'support' black creators during this time, those creators aren't wanting followers they are wanting an end to police brutality.

I’m not sure why Flora thought it was appropriate to make sure that in the caption and in the pictures, she showed her ordinary life and self first, and then add a bit on the side about Black Lives Matter. Couldn’t she make a dedicated post? It seems a bit inappropriate to have a totally unrelated sexy selfie be coupled with (and put before) commentary on racism, especially given that this conversation was started by the murder of a Black man by police. Not to mention the random bit about what she’d been up to at the top of the caption.

This is exactly the kind of thing Grace should be pulling people up for - especially her own sister!

Reactions: 12
I'm glad that Flora didn't take the post down and try to pretend that she didn't make that mistake. I'm surprised Grace didn't call her out for it privately and tell her to take it down though before too many people saw

I do think both Grace and Ciara have great bodies so not much to compare there but I have been doing Ciara's workouts for the last maybe 10 weeks now and feel it is so much more advanced than the shreddy app. (@ciaralondon on instagram if you're unfamilar, she does live instagram workouts daily on instagram but its a monthly paid for subscription service and it's very worth it.)

I've been lurking on this thread a while and just wanted to say my two cents on Grace at the moment. Have followed her for a few years now and supported her in that I've tried B_ND products, Tala products and the shreddy app. Honestly don't have a bad thing to say about B_ND I have 2 strengths of the bands and they've held up over a year without ripping easily like the rubber ones do. They are however slightly overpriced I will say for what they actually are as you are paying for the logo etc. But this can be seen as an investment because the quality on these product's is definitely there.

Tala... oh Tala. Again I've been lucky that I can't say many bad things about the quality of the products I've actually bought (but then I haven't bought any leggings which is a whole different story in terms of the horror stories I've seen about them ripping!) I have one sports bra in two colours of the zahara bra and it has great support and another style of sports bra in one colour which again is great. I also bought a zip up jacket in their birthday launch and here's where I have the problem. She markets herself as a slower fashion company but there has been so many launches at this point it basically is fast fashion. Also the way everything always sells out literally in minutes is just RIDICULOUS. Time and time again there are people disappointed and not able to buy anything. She literally has so many young people willing to support her launches and every time they are not able to get anything as stuff is pulled from your cart before you're able to pay or if you want to buy more than one item it sells out before you can even make it check out. I'm in a group chat on Instagram with a few people and of 7 of us who wanted to buy from that launch one 2 of us were able to get anything we wanted and both of us had only bought one item while the others wanted to buy at least 3...

And don't even get me started on her unnecessary gfiting of clothing to so many other influencers such as BusyBeeCarys. She used to work with Grace for Gymshark and even said in one of her videos which was a try on haul for Tala that she had messaged Grace and asked her if she could send over some things to try and she sent over MANY. When Carys already has all of her gifted gymshark clothes it's even more annoying because there are so many people that could have used their hard earned money to buy products Grace is giving away for free.

Finally Shreddy... during this pandemic where gyms are closed I'm sorry but unless you're an absolute beginner or have a home gym like Grace so can do gym workouts I just don't think the home guide will do anything for you. I used the gym workouts when the gym was open and it's okay for sure but nothing special or out of the ordinary and sometimes because I've been lifting weights over 2 years now i just want to make my own workouts. The home workouts though are just not challenging at all. if you do the 5 day a week program two of the days the workouts are 11 minutes long... I don't want to change into workout gear, mentally prepare myself to exerise to do it for 11 minutes. Even Grace herself has said she uses the gym guide at home... rather than use the home guide and show people the results you can get at home she decides the home guide she made isn't good enough for her to even use 🤦‍♀️

Overall I just think Grace is trying to do too much. Sure she's successful and has earned a lot of money but in doing so she has alienated a lot of the people that supported her initially. Back when she was at university doing her vlogs and seemed not as braggy as she is now. Now it constantly seems like she's showing off, if it's not with her massive house it's with figures from her business' which frankly nobody asked to see. I think it's really disappointing when somebody who you have supported for so long changes their character so much but I must say it's good to see her use her platform in such a positive matter for the Black Lives Matter movement which is more than can be said for other fitness influencers... (cough *Joe Wicks* cough).

Reactions: 8
Honestly....no matter how 'woke' and 'political' even Grace may be - the privileges that she and her family constantly exude never cease to exhaust me as a POC.

Reactions: 19
I'm glad that Flora didn't take the post down and try to pretend that she didn't make that mistake. I'm surprised Grace didn't call her out for it privately and tell her to take it down though before too many people saw
I doubt she actually cares that much. She’s all show

I actually do quite like Flora, I find her content on instagram and youtube generally a lot more interesting and valuable than Grace's, however this definitely misses the mark. She has apologised in the comments, but then shared 6 black creators on her story to go follow. I think somebody mentioned this on Demi Donnelly's thread but it feels patronising when white influencers are mass sharing POC to show they 'support' black creators during this time, those creators aren't wanting followers they are wanting an end to police brutality.
Interesting that all these influencers weren't actively promoting these people before this though.

• Heart
Interesting that all these influencers weren't actively promoting these people before this though.
Yup and tbh it's genuinely traumatizing to hear them say things like "we are learning, give us time to learn" and asking for "kindness and patience" like Flora was in her comments. It's even quite traumatizing to hear them that they have to educate themselves because imagine having to educate yourself on racism when it is a lived experience for other people every single day like that is quite some mindboggling clear form of racial privilege that we will never understand what it's like. Like yes we POC clearly (laughably) understand best just how much white people, esp white people of upper middle to upper classes will never understand racism. When POC face racism, no one gives warnings or signals or kindness and patience before we experience it lmaooo. I do try to be kind to fellow white allies but a lot of them are just oozing with privilege especially influencers and it's sickening. I'm quite sure a lot of them didn't care before (if they're having to force educate themselves now) and if anything, this moment shows me who really cares (who makes the bare minimum effort) and who doesn't (can't even bring themselves to do the bare minimum). Oenone has been great. Oenone also said do not thank me, which is extremely true but seems like these others want to be thanked.

The way Grace cares is selective too imo and if you called her out on it, she would probs lash back and get angry instead of try to fix herself. She has appropriated black culture which is extremely different from being anti-racism and appreciating another culture. Like others have pointed out she has not made an effort to employ WOC of any race. She also thinks representing and understanding just black people are enough (?) and has somehow forgotten that race issues don't encompass asians, arabs, hispanic, etc. etc. when black people have fought for these groups too? (i'm saying this based on Grace throughout the years, this is clearly obvs not the issue at this very moment) But without ever representing and talking about Asians, Grace wants to use Tala to campaign against forced labour in Asia? These people will never get it and while I understand that and will never ask them of something they're not capable of, I'm not sure why we owe it to them to be kind that they are too privileged to not get it. If you don't get it, you need to go off on your own and educate yourself and have convos with POC until you do and then speak about it and post (esp if you're an influencer with a huge public base). It just seems like Grace is doing a great job because others are doing nothing, but she also has far to go in terms of her actions (even tho her usage of platform is good).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
'The way Grace cares is selective too imo and if you called her out on it, she would probs lash back and get angry instead of try to fix herself.'

Yep - I called out the irony of her calling it 'our protest' on her story from inside her multi million £ house whilst there are people fighting the real fight, taking away from the BLACK voices we are supposed to be centering. She changed the caption on her story claiming it was a a typo and then actually DM'ed me calling me a 'sad person' and a 'hater' and damaging her mental health - I kid you not she genuinely called me a 'hater'! I had previously sent her 4-5 other messages saying how tasteless it is to be posting boxes of gifted food every day during a pandemic when there are people far more in need who the food could be sent to, and also called her out for hiding the #adgifted in her stories so they are barely visible - not very ethical advertising. I literally worded it exactly like that (except with a few more !!!'s) and apparently those criticisms are spewing hate. She said I don't know her and only know the snippets she posts online - I pointed out that every single thing I had said had been in response to something she had posted, not a personal attack!!! She even said that her and her friends like to laugh at my messages and find it funny how i have 'extreme reactions to the smallest things' - I think that just ultimately shows how she really just doesn't care about these issues.

She really must have lived a very comfortable life without ever being challenged about any of her words and actions if she truly thinks that constitutes hate - I guess it's just an easy cop-out to avoid having to reflect or admit wrongdoing. It would really help her gain some perspective if she actually hired/was close friends with anyone from a different background - not just POC but people from different socioeconomic backgrounds too. If I hadn't worked minimum wage jobs til I was 22 or made different friends at uni I'm afraid I would have been much more similar to her! I used to really like her and I still use her bands, but honestly I'm reading back her replies to my message and she actually is quite nasty when I never once made it personal.

(I found this page after receiving her DM a couple of days ago looking to see if anyone else had also had one - so glad I did, the stuff about Genflow etc is really eye opening!! (but not surprising lol))

Edit: I was trying to quote from the post above but I'm not sure how to do it sorry!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Yup and tbh it's genuinely traumatizing to hear them say things like "we are learning, give us time to learn" and asking for "kindness and patience" like Flora was in her comments. It's even quite traumatizing to hear them that they have to educate themselves because imagine having to educate yourself on racism when it is a lived experience for other people every single day like that is quite some mindboggling clear form of racial privilege that we will never understand what it's like.
In an ideal world, people shouldn't have to "take time to learn" they should just know that racism exists- but obviously we don't live in that world. I agree though, they should've educated themselves BEFORE making posts about it, because now it just seems like they're jumping on a bandwagon and don't actually care about what's happening. Grace even did the black box thing before educating herself on that and taking it down.

Reactions: 5
Have to say I’m not impressed with her she is a culture vulture
She doesn’t make a stand for BL she doesn’t have anyone of ethnic minority on her team,
She and her family are like the kardashians

I've heard so many bad things about Flora, on how she used friends to get in to certain things. I used to work with her as I was part of a PR agency that had to send her things.She's not the 'down the earth girl' you think. She's just like her sister Grace although she used to complain when grace never tagged her. She tries to go for the whole kindness act as a way to seem relatable

Reactions: 4
I just wanted to ask if anyone else remembered the video where she said in school she was very, very aggressive and had problems with her anger, and got into trouble for ‘charging’ at a teacher in the hallway or something of the sort? This was a VERY long time ago and one of her older videos which I’m sure has been deleted but it’s something I’ve never quite forgotten about her, and I think you see her aggressiveness play out in other ways and through how she treats people who (rightly) criticise her online.

• Wow
'The way Grace cares is selective too imo and if you called her out on it, she would probs lash back and get angry instead of try to fix herself.'

Yep - I called out the irony of her calling it 'our protest' on her story from inside her multi million £ house whilst there are people fighting the real fight, taking away from the BLACK voices we are supposed to be centering. She changed the caption on her story claiming it was a a typo and then actually DM'ed me calling me a 'sad person' and a 'hater' and damaging her mental health - I kid you not she genuinely called me a 'hater'! I had previously sent her 4-5 other messages saying how tasteless it is to be posting boxes of gifted food every day during a pandemic when there are people far more in need who the food could be sent to, and also called her out for hiding the #adgifted in her stories so they are barely visible - not very ethical advertising. I literally worded it exactly like that (except with a few more !!!'s) and apparently those criticisms are spewing hate. She said I don't know her and only know the snippets she posts online - I pointed out that every single thing I had said had been in response to something she had posted, not a personal attack!!! She even said that her and her friends like to laugh at my messages and find it funny how i have 'extreme reactions to the smallest things' - I think that just ultimately shows how she really just doesn't care about these issues.

She really must have lived a very comfortable life without ever being challenged about any of her words and actions if she truly thinks that constitutes hate - I guess it's just an easy cop-out to avoid having to reflect or admit wrongdoing. It would really help her gain some perspective if she actually hired/was close friends with anyone from a different background - not just POC but people from different socioeconomic backgrounds too. If I hadn't worked minimum wage jobs til I was 22 or made different friends at uni I'm afraid I would have been much more similar to her! I used to really like her and I still use her bands, but honestly I'm reading back her replies to my message and she actually is quite nasty when I never once made it personal.

(I found this page after receiving her DM a couple of days ago looking to see if anyone else had also had one - so glad I did, the stuff about Genflow etc is really eye opening!! (but not surprising lol))

Edit: I was trying to quote from the post above but I'm not sure how to do it sorry!
Good lord she is so fckn sensitive. What she said to you is so disrespectful. Anyone who had any sense of professionalism would’ve probably just not replied to you and quietly changed the caption.

I once replied to a story of hers last year and asked why, if she is so environmentally focused, she hadn’t promoted the marches Greta Thunberg was doing. She got so angry at me for calling her out and started personally attacking me and saying similar tit — that I don’t know her, I should focus on myself, and focus on “wording things nicer.” I hadn’t even said anything mean, just asked why she hadn’t publicly supported.

I unfollowed her that day and have disliked her for being a fake advocate ever since. She is such a culture vulture and the way she denies her privilege is damn near dangerous.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Have you guys seen the posts about the race percentages in Tala, Shreddy and B_ND? What a weird coincidence with all that we were talking about.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.